Sri Lanka Travel Answers

change location
AllThingsShining's Profile Photo

Cheap accommodation in Colombo

by AllThingsShining Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 5:24 AM

Hi, my brother and I arrive in Colombo from Chennai for the final five days of our 3 month trip to South Asia (we fly back to London from Colombo) and I was wondering if accommodation was as readily available as cheap as it can be found in India? We're currently paying between 400 and 800INDR mark (currently in Goa but that's been the average price range for most of India) and are hoping for similar prices in Colombo. Are we going to be in luck or should we be prepared to dig deep? Thanks for any and all responses.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Cheap accommodation in Colombo

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 5:33 AM

Hi' mate. Sri Lanka is generally more expensive than India and Colombo more expensive than the rest of Sri Lanka so it will be a little hard for you to stick to your budget, but if you go around 10 kilometers south of Colombo to Mount Lavinia then you have cheaper accomodation and it's pretty nice down there. If you need to stay in central Colombo then i have a link here to two places i stayed at in Colombo back in december and they are some of the cheapest options you have in colombo: Colombo Hotel Tips by cachaseiro

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • HansDK's Profile Photo

by HansDK Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Negombo (20 mins from the airport) has quite a range of budget guesthouses, but all accommodation in Sri Lanka will be more expensive than in India.

• Re: Cheap accommodation in Colombo

by ukinsurance Online Now Feb 16, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I have heard that going to Srilanka is far cheaper than some of the prominent tourist attraction of India like Kerela and Rajasthan.

• JohnWarrington's Profile Photo

by JohnWarrington Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Hi,

we stayed at a place called the - 5th Lane House, some where in Colombo, situated in heart of Colombo, it was a wonderful quite neat and clean place, the hotel is right in front of the main road. You can get all the restaurants very easily from there.

You may find it on Agoda website, I booked it through them, This is the address of the Hotel, 51/1A 5th Lane , Kolpity, Kollupity, Colombo, Sri Lanka

Good luck mate!!

• SriLankaEnjoy's Profile Photo

by SriLankaEnjoy Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM

For 800INR you will be able to find decent accomodation. not major places, but basic accomodation.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Sri Lanka Travel Answer Locations