Sri Lanka Travel Answers

change location
hikerroeland's Profile Photo

Weather April

by hikerroeland Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Hi everyone, my Wife and I are planning a trip to Sri Lanka in begin April until mid April so I would Like to know what the weather is like during this period?
We plan to be all over, except the North.,

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

Re: Weather April

by ViajesdelMundo Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 9:14 AM

here are a couple websites with good info which may also be confusing!

tourslanka.com/sri_lanka_wea...
    lonelyplanet.com/sri-lanka/w...

as indicated in those links, there are a number of variations due to the seas, mountains, etc., but ALSO Lanka is experiencing unusual weather patterns of late, same as much of the rest of the world.

of all my trips to Lanka, April is one of the 2 months I have not been there, but I do know that many of my local friends in Colombo often complain of the intense heat, I think usually being just prior to the rains coming. Also, it is the month of the nation's NEW YEAR which is most festive!

I would just be ready for some rain at times in some places...... :~)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • HansDK's Profile Photo

by HansDK Online Now Jan 26, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I have spent the month of April in Sri Lanka for the past nearly 20 years.

First half of the month is usually bright and sunny (and getting hotter and hotter), but you may experience some late afternoon/evening showers on some days.

• Treshi's Profile Photo

by Treshi Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM

April usually known as the most hottest month of the year for the country due to the fact that the sun comes right on top of the equator during this month for Sri Lanka. Generally very very hot but as Hans have mentioned, there can be occasional showers in between. As the first poster has mentioned, the weather patterns here in Sri Lanka have changed drastically and even now, its extremely hot in Colombo on certain days.

Hope you will have a great time in Sri Lanka.

• SameeraS's Profile Photo

by SameeraS Online Now Feb 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Your tour your choice.
    Transporter, guide service and tour organizer with small hotels in by professional chauffeur guide personalized service every customer according to the client requirement reasonable ( budget ) prices and flexible.

contact us - 0094776268747 - email vivaratv@gmail.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines