Sri Lanka Travel Answers

change location
Bevphelan's Profile Photo

please help

by Bevphelan Online Now Jan 6, 2005 at 1:41 PM

After a visit to Sri Lanka a few years ago I met a family who lived in Alutgama near bentota beach the familys name is fernando and they lived at walipanna road. does anyone know if they are safe or indeed the area survived. I would also like to know about the safety of a guide we had called Annanda. I am sorry but I can't remember his surname all I know is that he lived in Galle but travelled everyday to Alutgama and he could be contacted via the tailors shop in Alutgama. Please if anyone knows the whereabouts of these people or the state of alutgama could you please advise me. I have postage messages on every board I can find and as yet have had only one reply from a Sri Lankan man in colombo called rupesh, who is very nice and his page is very informative but alas he is miles away from the area I need to know about. Thanks Bev

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: please help

by Jeananne Online Now Jan 8, 2005 at 3:21 AM

I know that Aluthgama is OK as I have heard from several friends who live there.I have asked them if they know the family you mention so they will let me know if they do.Can you remember which tailors shop in Aluthgama Annanda could be contacted at? Was it Pala Tailors- if so I know that several people who actully work there have had a lot of damage to their houses in various places,but the 2 guides I know there both live in Dharga town and they are OK. Best Wishes Jane

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: please help

by manika143 Online Now Feb 4, 2005 at 5:31 AM

Hi My husband is from Bentota - that is where we met. we both live in the UK - Aluthgama has been affected but not devastated - we are going to SL in March for 1 month and so we can find ther persons you refer to - in any event, I will take your message home to my husband this evenign as I am sure he will now the family as he grew up in the area. Regards LISA

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines