Sri Lanka Travel Answers

change location

Need to book accomodation over Christmas and New Year

by Tobes Online Now Nov 26, 2004 at 1:15 PM

My wife and I are arriving in Sri lanka on 23rd December and have a driver for the 2 weeks we are there. We need to book accomodation in advance in the following places on the following days - can anyone help with the booking or know anyone to contact who may be able to help? 23rd Kandy 24th Dambulla 25th Anuradhapura 26th Nilaveli 27th Sigiriya 28th Kandy 30th Nuwara Eliya 31st Dalhousie 1st Kalawana 2nd yala 3rd mirissa 4th Marissa Please help! Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Need to book accomodation over Christmas and New Year

by Tom&kat Online Now Nov 26, 2004 at 2:12 PM

Hi, my wife and I were there last year and your route is a good one - particularly Mirissa. We booked a lot of places from email addresses in Lonely planet and searching the net and it worked well, but we mostly just asked around. Our tip is to rush straight from the airport to the bus station by cab and jump on a bus to Kandy which is high and cool and relaxed. Then take the wonderful train to Ella and stay there. The rest will take care of itself. Cheers Tom

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Need to book accomodation over Christmas and New Year

by forum123ba Online Now Nov 26, 2004 at 2:26 PM

Almost to late to find a booking now. I would suggest you have a look at a website called TravelersPages , they have a lot of options and you are sure to find something there.

• Nilanka's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Need to book accomodation over Christmas and New Year

by Nilanka Online Now Nov 28, 2004 at 8:06 AM

try this website. it might help but most places would already be fully booked http://www.islandtours.lk/Hotels.htm

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines