Sri Lanka Travel Answers

change location
Mirriko's Profile Photo

entertainment in Hikkaduwa and Negombo

by Mirriko Online Now Jul 27, 2004 at 4:13 AM

Hello, In the beginning of August my friends and I are coming to Sri Lanka with staying in Hikkaduwa and Negombo. I've read all the info I could find in the Internet about the country, but still there are some questions remained: - Are there any discos or shows in the evenings? I heard that everything is closed after 8 p.m. Is it true? - Is a sunlotion with SPF 10 enough not to get sun-burned? I am rather tanned, but my friends are not. - Are there any Internet cafes to send e-mails or places to burn a cd with digital photos? I just worry that there will be too many photos:) Thanks a lot, Mirriko

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • tommix's Profile Photo

Re: entertainment in Hikkaduwa and Negombo

by tommix Online Now Jul 27, 2004 at 4:31 AM

Protection factor depends on how long you plan to stay in the sun. If all the day it will be certainly not enough. For the entrtainement you're unfortunately right. Almost everything is closed after 8 pm. Sometimes you can find the venues fof dancing in big hotels. In that respecz Negombo is much better than Hikkaduwa. But even there dont expect too much... For internet cafes it should be no problem. You will find something both in Negombo and Hikkaduwa. T.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • freya_heaven's Profile Photo

by freya_heaven Online Now Jul 27, 2004 at 4:40 AM

I think a higher rated sun cream would be better, start off with a 30+ & if you feel the need gradually lower the protection factor. I personally use factor 60 & go down to a 35! Have a wonderful trip, Sri lanka is beautiful Nicola (~_~)

• Nilanka's Profile Photo

by Nilanka Online Now Jul 27, 2004 at 7:41 AM

There is a new pub in Negombo called the Lords and that has good music till late in the night. Hikkaduwa will be off season and nothing much will be happening. Colombo will have plenty of places. There are heaps of internet cafes around. need more info? Nilanka

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines