Sri Lanka Travel Answers

change location
hikerroeland's Profile Photo

one day trip

by hikerroeland Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 7:39 AM

We are visiting Kalutara in April and we would like to make a one day trip from Kalutara; I love taking pictures (especially from the local people and their habits and work)

1) I would like to visit (Beruwala, fish market, mosque and lighthouse.) Which would be the best?

2) We would like to go to Galle and visit the town.

3) we would like to do a trip up the Madhu Ganga .

What do you think? Is this possible ? What price should I expect to pay for this trip with a driver? For 2 people.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Re: one day trip

by Ginger158 Online Now Mar 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

The options that you mentioned can all easily be done in a day although you would have to stretch the day for Galle. I love that town but I guess it is not exactly what you are looking for unless you drive a little further south, there you have markets by the road side, just a little outside of Galle. Beruwela is nice and it would be my choice, the mosque is the oldest mosque in Sri Lanka and I took some very nice pictures there. The Madhu Ganga is also interesting but it has become a little too touristy. You can always stop on the road down to Beruwela and get some good shots at the beaches, maybe you are lucky and get to see some fishermen at work. I am sorry but I cannot help you with the costs....

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: one day trip

by andy_rogers82 Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Hello,
    If you're looking for a one day trip, Michelle tours should be able to help you. They will organize your tour and the activities for that day. And if you want they can organize a whole tour for you. Well experienced driver's and they know a great deal about the country. Below is their website:
    www.michelletours.com

• malin_flying's Profile Photo

Re: one day trip

by malin_flying Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 9:50 AM

all places are fine, but the traveling part cant say anything, some charge per Kilometer, some charge for the whole trip, Distance to Galle is about 120km, if you hire a car Rs.50 or Rs.60 per km.

• HansDK's Profile Photo

by HansDK Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Kalutara to Galle is approx. 75 km.

2 members found this helpful

• malin_flying's Profile Photo

by malin_flying Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 9:12 AM

HansDK i agree with you, i mean from colombo to Galle is about 120km,

Be the first to rate this answer!

• HansDK's Profile Photo

by HansDK Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Yes, that correct, but OP wanted to go from Kalutara.

• waffa's Profile Photo

by waffa Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM

hi there ,welcome to srilanka .iam tariq and iam from beruwala i would be more than happy to show you all around beruwala ,.also iam a 4th generation gem businessman ,love to show my gem and jewellery collection,.please call me on 0777688500 mobile any time you are in lanka

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines