Sri Jayewardenepura Kotte

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• I am planning to go to Mauritania for studying

Sri Lanka Jun 10, 2015 at 10:46 AM

Guys can anyone of you give me information about the nouakchott airport's on arrival visa because am from Srilanka our country doesn't hav an embassy of Mauritania so when i checked it out it says we can get on arrival visa, so I just need to know if its on arrival what are the documents I need to carry while am traveling? ...

more
    • Best place to stay for a short holiday with two kids

Sri Lanka 5 hours ago

Hi All,

This July we're travelling to Sri Lanka with two small kids for only 5 days. Yes, I know, it's too short but we want to make the best out of it.

Can anyone advise me what's the best place to stay to see some of the highlights. We would love to see a combination of culture and nature, but want to stay in a hotel at only one place (or max 2).

TIA,

Regards Evelien

more
    • Which provider gives the best coverage?

Sri Lanka 20 hours ago

I have recently subscribed to Etisalat, and the signal strength is quite weak in some parts of Sri Lanka. What's your experience? Airtel any better? BTW, I use laptop and dongle, not those 'smart' phones.

more
    • amarushakur's Profile Photo

Travelling in Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Jun 30, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Hi me and my friend - will be doing a tour from Negombo-Anuradhapura- Srigiriya-Dambulla-Kandy-Nuwara Eliya-Tissamaharama-Bentola-Colombo -Negombo for approx 8-10 days .If anyone out there would like to join us feel free to drop us a mail at rasta1076@gmail.com. We are getting a van for the tour with experience driver. If anyone of u would like to join us from any of the destination, we welcome too. Our tour starts on 5th July 2015. For more info, feel free to mail us.
      regards
      Kris

more
    • Lillaaa's Profile Photo

Looking for people as I'm traveling alone

Kandy Jun 8, 2015 at 12:57 PM

I will be in kandy Friday 12 June 15,is any one available to do together some trip as I'm alone

more
    • Weather in late September

Sri Lanka Jun 20, 2015 at 10:10 AM

Where to Sri Lanka at this time?
      Before an Ayurveda treatment in Negombo I would like to make a round trip for 1 week. I know already Kandy, Anuradhapura, Sigiriya. I would like in the central highlands. Which place is better suited for hiking-Nuwara Eliya or Ella? I want to Horton Plains and tea plantations. I love the colonial flair, who has recommendations for accommodation ?
      I am intrested still for a nature park and the city Galle. Is there a risk of malaria in this season and at the places mentioned.
      Thanks

more
    • Tour Operator

Sri Lanka Jun 17, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Has anyone heard of this company

The operator is
      Columbos Tours and the person I've been dealing with is called Vindya,
      There address is
      Columbus Tours (Pvt) Ltd
      221/2 Dharmapala Mawatha,
      Colombo 07, Sri Lanka.

Many Thanks
      Julie

more
    • Pls Advice on the Below Itinerary

Sri Lanka Jun 9, 2015 at 12:15 AM

Hi,

I am planning got travel in Sri lanka for abt 7-10 days. i have drawn out an itinerary .Please advice if this is suitable and how to go about it. Would really appreciate if anyone of you can advice a detailed itinerary.

1. Arrive in colombo
      2. travel to sigiriya and stay for the night.
      3. Leave sigiriya & head to Kandy
      4. stay 2 days at Kandy and leave for Nuwara Eliya.
      5. Again stay for 2 days at Nuwara Eliya
      6. Leave from Nuwara Eliya for Bentota
      7. Stay in bentota for 2 days and leave for colombo
      8. Stay in colombo for 2 days and leave sri lanka.

Colombo – Sirigiya – Kandy – Nuwara Eliya – Bentota - Colombo

1 ngt 2 ngts 2 ngts 2 ngts 2 ngts

Kindly let me know the best way to travel and the places to see 7 stay.

Thanks

more
    • credit card payments

Sri Lanka Jun 20, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Hi
      The tour company I am using has (finally) agreed to me paying for sri lanka trip via credit card. They are asking for a lot of personal information which I don't feel comfortable with, plus they want to charge me an additional 3.5% !!! Please see below and advise

"We could take the payment from your card, however that would mean an additional 3.5% surcharge applicable on total amount payable.
      It would also mean you will need to send us a cc of the credit card (both sides), a cc of your passport, and also fill in a form (we will send this to you if you wish) for a card holder not present payment transaction which necessitates for you to give us a lot of personal details such as your mother’s maiden name etc., for example.
      This is standard procedure from the bank at our end…
      Therefore simplest would be if you could make an intermediary bank transfer, but if you are ok with the card thing as discussed above, we can arrange same.
      I shall await your advice".

Many Thanks
      Julie

more
    • intermediary bank transfer

Sri Lanka Jun 15, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Hi.
      We have finally decided on our agenda for our Sri Lanka holiday in August, the tour operator we are using has asked us to pay via the above method please can anyone advise whether this is the normal method (as we normally pay via credit card which has the normal payment protection). Just a wee bit wary as you hear so many scary stories about internet payments. Many Thanks. Julie Jack

more