Springfield Travel Answers

change location

Thinking about moving to Springfield

by baxtercat Online Now Jul 12, 2005 at 8:41 AM

I have a chance to move closer to home (Arkansas) as there is a job offer in Springfield, MO. I don't know much about the area but have heard many good things. Could someone tell me about it? Specifically, is it a friendly city, good schools, etc.. Also, I think it is quite mountainous if I am not mistaken. Is getty around in the winter time difficult because of this?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • vanderlust's Profile Photo

Thinking about moving to Springfield

by vanderlust Online Now Jul 15, 2005 at 6:50 AM

Springfield is a nice town to live in. I believe it is the 3rd largest city in Missouri. There ae a couple of colleges in town. Drury College and South West Missouri State. You will find everything in Springfield that you would expect in a small city in the mid-west. They now have a minor league baseball team! It is mountainous with regard to the Ozarks mountains. The Ozarks are a very old mountain range and folks from Colorado or Montana would call them hills. The location of Springfield in the Ozarks makes for many outdoor recreational oppurtunities. There are many lakes and rivers in the immediate area. It is not hard to get around in the winter months except perhaps in the more rural parts of town. Springfield does not get much in the way of snowfall during the winter.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Thinking about moving to Springfield

by baxtercat Online Now Jul 18, 2005 at 7:32 AM

Thanks for the information. That definitely helps.

• Moustique's Profile Photo

RE: Thinking about moving to Springfield

by Moustique Online Now Jul 18, 2005 at 4:10 PM

i have lived in springfield since 97 when i moved down here to attend smsu, it is a nice town. not too big and not too small. if you like food there are tons of restaraunts to choose from. it really depends on what you are loking for in a town. do you have any specific questions?

• RE: Thinking about moving to Springfield

by zackej Online Now Sep 9, 2005 at 6:34 PM

I have moved away from and back to Springfield 3 times. The city is incredibly friendly, moving forward quickly with its arts and entertainment, and is close to some of the best and most beautifaul outdoor activities in the states. There is also a healthy job market and great schools.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines