Springdale Travel Answers

change location

Old west dinner

by Barthox Online Now Jul 8, 2003 at 4:08 AM

Hi there, I'll be in Springdale early October, and would like to bring my wife to an old west type of restaurant. (We're from Europe) I read about one in Cedar City, but I think it's a bit far...

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Old west dinner

by danielbeck Online Now Jul 16, 2003 at 10:10 PM

There are two restraunts that I have been to that I really like and fit the old west theme. The first is The Desert Star Playhouse in Salt Lake City (don't wear a tie or they will cut it off) They have really fun and energetic plays to watch while you eat or you can skip the show and enjoy a great steak at the steakhouse. Their web adress is: http://www.desertstarplayhouse.com/ The second place is the Wagonmaster also in Salt Lake City. You eat inside covered wagons and are served by waiters and waitresses in old west costumes. They will occasionally have a shoot out or skit of some sort. Here is the adress and information: Wagonmaster Steak Co. (Steaks/Barbeque/Seafood) - phone: (801) 269-1100 5845 S. Vine Street, Murray, Utah Dodge City, coverd wagons,cowboys & indians.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Old west dinner

by Barthox Online Now Jul 17, 2003 at 12:01 AM

Thanks Daniel, however, I fear that the drive from Springdale to SLC just to go to dinner will kill us! ;-)

by Barthox Online Now Aug 24, 2003 at 11:40 PM

Thanks Palo Verde. I will be the day before in Death Valley, and the day before that in Bishop, CA. The places after Zion are : Bryce Canyon (1 night), Page/Lake Powel (1N), Grand Canyon SR (2 N), Las Vegas (1N) I have done some reasearch, and I think I'll have to settle with a 'old west decorated' Steak House!

by Barthox Online Now Aug 25, 2003 at 4:28 AM

We'll be too late in the year for Ruby's Inn wagon dinner, unfortunately (Mid-October)! As well as for the rodeo! :-( I know Tusayan, we'll be staying at the Best Western there :-) Thanks for the tips in Page.

• Seabiscuit's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Old west dinner

by Seabiscuit Online Now Aug 25, 2003 at 4:54 AM

PV- My Mom, many years ago, was told that Ruby's was a 'dress-up occasion', so of course, She dressed to the 9's. Wrongo! It's still one of the funniest stories I remember. (Gee, wonder where the genetics came from?) (LOL!) Jeff-

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines