Split

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• I'm arriving by train in Split.

by messouda Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Arriving by train in Split. How to do I get to Hotel Eden from train station and what is the expected cost to get to the hotel?. Thank-you

2 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 1:19 PM
    • 4 month rental furnished 2 bed min required

by timaloy Online Now Jun 29, 2014 at 7:34 AM

hi all..need a 4 month furnished 2 bed min rental in split area although i will look at other areas if needed....i am driving thro Europe and will be in Croatia in the next week or so,coastel is not important..please email on timaloy56@gmail.com

1 Answer Jun 29, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • rent a car split

by markbosnich Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM

We are going to spend 3 weeks in Croatia this summer, and we want to rent a car. Best if we could keep in for the whole period, if it won't be too expencive...
      Can you reccomend that we book one from home, or can we make a better deal when we arrive in Split?
      we found good price on splitcarhire.com
      did some one book from this avax company?
      thanks

1 Answer Jun 10, 2014 at 2:02 AM
    • Things not to miss in Split

by tnthiele Online Now May 25, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Going to Split next week for a family wedding, and we (my wife and I) want to make sure we see as much as we can besides the Old Town and the palace in the added 3 days we will be there.

4 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 12:44 AM
    • Looking for a flat in Split

by roland2012 Online Now May 20, 2014 at 3:17 AM

Hello everyone. I am looking to move in Split from middle June till the end of August...
      Can anyone help me to contact a landlord for a 1 bedroom flat because through agencies the flats are a bit expensive for me.
      Please for any info answer hire liridon2012@hotmail.co.uk
      Thank you

1 Answer May 21, 2014 at 12:58 AM
    • travelling by day train from Split to Zagreb

by smallacombe Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 4:08 AM

Is there a caferteria on the train and the main station in Zagreb is it in centre of the city?

4 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    • Travelling

by jmboyle Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 5:34 AM

how long will it take me to drive from Dubrovnik to Split and from Split to Zader bearing in mind I only have a week is there anywhere else a must see

4 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 4:27 PM
    • nightlife in splitt

by bridgetcall Online Now Jan 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM

is it busy in mid june. Looking for somewhere lively but not chavvy. we like house, trance or techno - are there clubs that cater?

2 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 1:13 AM
    • area to stay in around Split?

by lsprangers Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 3:07 PM

what area is better to stay in to access the ferries and also old town Split on foot?

3 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 8:00 AM
    • best place to stay

by hidaly Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 1:36 PM

I'll be traveling to Split at the end of May with my 80 year old mother, my husband and two adult children. We want to be centrally located so we can walk most places. What kind of accommodations would you recommend that would be affordable for 5 and where would be best?
      Also, would you recommend flying into Zagreb, renting a car and touring the coast to Dubrovnik or might that be too much moving around if we really want to enjoy the people and country?

6 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    • What to pack???

by mckennahd Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I am traveling to Split and then to Dubrovnik from the beginning to mid September. What should I pack? Also what do I pack for nightlife?

2 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    • how to pass time in Split airport?

by GailWilson123 Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Hello.
      I arrive at Split airport on 7th September 2013 at 3.15pm, I have to wait till about 7pm for my group & transfer to Brac..
      So my question is what is there to do in the airport?

Is Internet available, how much & where is it?

Where is the best place to wait?
      Food/coffee shops?
      Left luggage?

Many Thanks, Gail

1 Answer Aug 28, 2013 at 12:00 AM
    • henrymyles's Profile Photo

Staying under the radar

by henrymyles Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Hi,

I haven't been on Virtual Tourist in a long long time but reckon this is the best place to ask the following. In one weeks time I am going to Split in Croatia with a group of friends. We have booked an apartment - my friend who has no accommodation has asked whether he can stay on our couch. Those of us staying in the apartment are completely fine with this but would just like to know the opinions of others on this practice. By this I mean - does the possible risk of us being caught outweigh helping out a friend, etc. If anyone has had experience of this I would be grateful, I have heard of the odd instance of hotels calling the police on people doing this.
      Any advice or tips would be great and I'll definitely take them into consideration.

Thank you in advance,

Henry

7 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 2:21 AM
    • what is the club's name??

by LucecitaE Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Hi Everybody! Please help me:) I was in Split last week and i partecipated a nice party there. But i dont know the place's name.:( I can give you the place's coordinations: 43 30' 24,29" N, 16 26' 26,56" E. Have you ever been anybody there? Or if somebody will go and will walk there please check me the name. thanks a lot! Lucecita

2 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 6:05 AM
    • Split To HVAR after 7pm

by Faleron Online Now Aug 11, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Hi, I will be flying to Split on Saturday arriving at 19:00. What's the best way o get to HVAR town? I have seen there is a ferry but it leaves at 20:30 so not sure I'll make it to the port in time? Thanks in advance for any tips.

1 Answer Aug 11, 2013 at 5:00 AM
    • Ferry from Dubrovnik to Split on September 24

by Richlind Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 4:47 PM

How long is the ferry ride from Dubrovnik to Split? We plan to ride the ferry on September 24. How many ferries go on that date and do you know the approximate time of their arrival in Split? Thanks so much.

3 Answers Jul 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    • how long you would suggest to stay and visit Split.

by hoingai Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 6:29 AM

I will visit Croatia from 3/7-11/7, airrive and depart from Dubrovnik, I am planing the itinerary. I want to visit Mostar after Dubrovnik then Split, how long do you suggest I should stay in Split? how about 4days? some tourists will stay in the islands of Hvar and Korcula overnight, do you think I can make it a day triP? car ferry is easy?

is the traffic between Mostar and Split fine? For Mostar, how long do you suggest to stay?

Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 22, 2013 at 9:14 PM
    • Ferry to Hvar

by diazvaldez Online Now Jun 15, 2013 at 10:49 AM

HI, is there a ferry in which you can Go to the island with your car???

2 Answers Jun 22, 2013 at 9:35 PM
      by diazvaldez Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Hi, i'd like to know wich is the best area to stay at??

2 Answers Jun 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    • Mark_Lester's Profile Photo

Bus from Ploce

by Mark_Lester Online Now May 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM

We are coming from Sarajevo on the morning train and will then get the bus to Split and catch the 21:18 sleeper to Zagreb.
      I guess the train usually gets in about noon (it's scheduled for 10:57).
      We'd like to get a bus along the coastal road. There will be 10 of us.
      What are the chances of getting a booking for the bus. I think it starts at the border at Metkovic but we're on a train trip so would like to do as much rail as possible, and Ploce looks like a great place to hang around in waiting for a bus.
      Either way, bazillions of people must do exactly this, or at least go Sarajevo-Ploce-Split in a day. I cant find anyone on the ground to give me assurances and the bus timetable that I was looking at has a whopping great hole in it in the middle of the day.
      Can someone assure me that there are loads and loads of buses leaving in the early afternoon and you wont have any trouble getting on, or tell me how to avoid any problems.

Thanks

4 Answers Jun 2, 2013 at 7:07 AM
    • Split - Hvar / Brac

by MeredithH Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 4:15 AM

Hi,
      I'm planning our holiday for May and I'm trying to work out when to go where! The plan is to have two or three nights in Split and then three nights on either Hvar - probably staying in Jelsa - or Brac, staying around Supetar. We won't have a car so are reliant on public transport. From what I can tell, the catamarans/ferries leave Split around 4pm and leave the islands around 6am - is this correct? (These are the sites I'm basing this on!)
      jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?...
      croatiatraveller.com/ferries...

This is going to affect hoy many nights' accommodation I book in Split so it would be great to have this confirmed!
      Thanks,
      Meredith

1 Answer Feb 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    • long lineups for ferry or catamaran from split to hvar?

by jordanaf Online Now Feb 9, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Hi,

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Croatia. We wanted to spend 2 days in split, then 2 nights in Hvar before coming back to Split to catch our flight very early in the morning. We are going to be there in late July, and I heard from one source that the ferries do not always run on schedule, and that to get a catamaran to Hvar we will have to wait hours in line because you can't buy tickets in advance. We were warned that if we want to have a relaxing honeymoon, we should just stay in Split for the entire time and not stress ourselves out with getting to and from Hvar. We will not have a car, we will just be on foot.

However, I really want to go, it looks like a lot of fun, and I'm worried that we will get bored hanging out in Split for 5 full days.

Does anyone have insight on how difficult it is to get between Spilt and Hvar in July?

Thank you,

Jordana

4 Answers Feb 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM
    • Marjan Hotel

by travelbugau Online Now Dec 16, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Can anyone tell me what is happening with the Marjan Hotel. I heard a couple of years ago that it was going to be a Hilton Hotel, but cannot find anything about it. Is it finished, or what is happening to it.

2 Answers May 13, 2013 at 12:27 PM
    • Mark_Lester's Profile Photo

Beach Showers on Bacvice ?

by Mark_Lester Online Now Sep 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I found out the answer is of course yes according to this
      adriagate.com/en/beaches-cro...
      but I'll ask it anyway as a way of soliciting comments about the place.

We are doing this train trip next July where we arrive in Split at 3pm (on a bus from Ploce) and leave on the 21:18 sleeper to Zagreb.
      We wont actually have anywhere to grab a shower from getting up in Sarajevo at stupid o'clock in the morning till we get to Venice the following night at 8pm, i.e about 37 hours door to door.

However, I have located Stellon restaurant and all that stuff on the far side of Bacvice, which looks like an ideal base for us (there's 13 of us at this stage of the trip). We could combine a dip in the Adriatic with having a shower, but we really would need a wash afterwards else we'll have all the following day in the Julian Alps being sweaty and salty. We're all middle aged blokes, it's an horrific thought.

So, just to make doubly sure, are there functioning showers ?, we really dont mind paying. And regarding Stellon, there looks to be quite a few places in that block, I dont know if we're going to be able to keep a table going at Stellon for the full 6 hours. We might need to base ourselves downstairs which looks more like bars and clearly dont mind people coming and going, dripping wet.

1 Answer Nov 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM
    • opennng hours September sundays historic Split sites?

by pgoldsmid Online Now Aug 26, 2012 at 2:37 PM

I cannot find consistent information for opening hours for important sites in Split. We will drive from Dubrovnik on Sunday 9 September, want to visit Diocletian's Palace and other central sites. Staying in Trogir that night and Monday night. It looks like the part of the Palace that we can pay to visit (lower level) is open to 8 pm (20:00)- ? But are Baptistry, Cathedral, and other central sites open on Sunday afternoon-evening? Archeological museum looks closed Sunday & Monday.
      Would we do better to go straight to Trogir and spend time there on Sunday, return to Split on Monday? Cannot change overall schedule beyond this. Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 26, 2012 at 3:01 PM
    • bobnfran's Profile Photo

Would like to visit Split with a local person!

by bobnfran Online Now Aug 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM

We are an active senior couple from the USA who will be visiting in Split on Thursday September 6th. We would enjoy meeting an English-speaking resident or couple who would like to show us around your city/town and hopefully create a friendship.

Learning about your culture and way of life is of interest to us. And this is a good way to create peace in the world.

If interested and free that day, please post a reply. No professional tour-guides, please.

Bob & Fran

1 Answer May 13, 2013 at 12:27 PM
    • Rent a Boat in the are of Split or Dubrovnik

by dialela Online Now Jul 17, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Hi everyone!
      I need some help here, its the first time that I'm traveling to Croatia my trip will go from Split to Dubrovnik.
      I would love to know if someone knows if its possible to rent around these two areas a little boat without need of license and how much can it cost?
      I know in Italy and Spain you can rent little boats that takes you to little lost paradise beaches and I was wondering if I will be able to do the same here.
      Thank you all for your help!

2 Answers Jul 25, 2012 at 1:12 AM
    • Lurchizo's Profile Photo

Where to stay

by Lurchizo Online Now Jul 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I arrive in Split on September 1st by car so I am looking for a hotel, B&B or apartment to rent for the night. What is the best area of the city to stay in? Does anyone have any recommendations of a place to stay. I tend not to like the expensive, modern chain like hotels. I like a simple local room in a character building. Thanks for your help.

3 Answers Jul 2, 2012 at 5:27 AM
    • Zagreb to Plitvice Lakes and Split to Hvar

by MirjanaO Online Now Jun 6, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Hi there! Planning my second Trip to Hrvatska and I have 2 questions.

1. Is it easy to get a bus from Zagreb to Plitvice Lakes once I arrive there in August?? I cannot find a place online to buy bus tickets back and forth. Also, should I do the guided tour or just wander through with my husband? Finally, which entrance, 1 or 2 is better?

2. Once I arrive in Split, I want to take a day trip to Hvar and maybe another island. Can I just buy a ferry ticket once I get there? I must go to Hvar and don't want to miss out on a trip by not having a ticket in advance.

Hvala in advance!

4 Answers Jul 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    • Question about Mejugorje

by beachfrog1 Online Now May 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Hi all,
      I'm planning on solo in June. I promised so many people I'd do a pligrimage for them, but I have no idea how to get to Medjugorje.  I'm going to be in the city of Split for a stopover, I'm only going to have 1 day try to visit Medjugorje.

Do you think I'll be able to visit Medjugorje from Split, and then return back to Split all within 1 day?

Also, can you please help me with the following questions:

Is there a bus that goes from the city of Split to Medjugorie?
      If so, can you tell me exactly where the bus picks up at Split?
      Also, can you tell me the pick up times from Split and return time from Medjugorie?
      Do I need to make a reservation for the bus trip to Medjugorie?
      Do I need to make a reservation for the return bus trip to Split?
      How much is a bus fare?
      Do you know of a company or website that can tell me details about this?

Thanks and blessings!
      Matt

2 Answers May 21, 2012 at 11:49 PM