Split Travel Answers

change location
JBS228's Profile Photo

Ferry from Split to Dubrovnik?

by JBS228 Online Now Apr 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I have been looking on JADROLINIJA web page and can not find how to make it from Split to Dubrovnik. My wife and I would rather travel be ferry then bus because we are going to be staying in Hvar for a couple of nights before Dubrovnik and would rather not back track to Split. We are also thinking that it would be fun to take the ferry over the bus for the views.

I see some people say that this ferry only exists twice a week.? Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to find what days and times we could make the trip from Hvar to Dubrovnik by ferry. Thanks for the help!!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Ferry from Split to Dubrovnik?

by leics Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I found this 2012 timetable:

korculainfo.com/ferries/rije...

but can't find the route on the Jadrolinija site.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Ferry from Split to Dubrovnik?

by K_V_B Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 12:18 AM

There is a coastal ferry that does Rijeka - Split - Hvar - Korcula - Dubrovnik - Bari. It sails twice a week, so if you want to take it you will have to plan around that. I took that ferry once and it is the best way to get from Split to Dubrovnik in my opinion. It used to leave Split on Tuesdays and Saturdays early in the morning.
    Last year this service only operated in summer however, and for this year it appears that they will start again on the 1st of may, but haven't published the schedule on the website yet.
    You shouldn't worry about booking that ferry. Just go to the Jadrolinija terminal on the day before and book it.

by misseille Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Good news, the 2012 ferry schedules are here, www.agencija-zolpp.hr Look at shipping lines on the website.

by K_V_B Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 4:30 AM

Ineresting. The departures from Split remain the same (Tuesday and Saturday) but the boat now also calls at Mljet, and doesn't cross over to Bari anymore. The arrival in Dubrovnik is also later.

Anyway, to the OP: If you can plan around a Tuesday or Saturday departure take this boat by all means. It's a very pleasant trip.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines