Spetses Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bus vs. Car Rental

Athens Oct 1, 2015 at 9:32 AM

We will be traveling to Santorini Greece in July, 2016. I've been doing a lot of reading on using the bus system vs. renting a car and would like some guidance. I hear the buses are at full capacity during this very high tourist season, but I also hear that finding parking can be very difficult. We want to see many of the usual sights in Santorini including the beaches, ancient sights, old churches, etc. What do you suggest for transportation while we're there? If anyone recommends a rental car, do you have any tips for how to find parking at the various destinations? When we traveled to Italy, I found that we could reserve and pay ahead for parking in their parking garages in Rome where available parking is very rare. Thanks for your help!

• Making a connecting flight

Athens Sep 30, 2015 at 6:30 PM

Although I see someone who asked about making a connecting flight within the two hours they have between flights, I am asking if it is possible to make a connection if coming in to Athens on an international flight arriving 9:05 AM and taking the 10:15 AM flight on Aegean Airlines to Santorini. We will be traveling mid July 2016. The next available flight to Santorini is 1:15 pm.

• maviyam's Profile Photo

A group transportaion from Piraeus to Athens and back

Piraeus Sep 16, 2015 at 9:11 AM

We are a group of 12 people come to Piraeus on October 1 on a cruise. Is there any possibility to get a ride from the pier at port to Athens for the group without reservations.

• which hotel ?

by spadge Online Now Jun 9, 2014 at 1:31 PM

we have the choice of 7 Islands or Athina apartments , 2 adults and 1 child age 13 - which is best ? thanks

2 Answers Jun 9, 2014 at 2:37 PM
    • side trip out of Athens in June, 2014

by mylittlemargi Online Now May 7, 2014 at 2:08 PM

We have from June 1st until early evening June 5th to be in Athens. We have a Greek friend who has said it might be too long. What other side trips would be good to include. Maybe for 2 days?

2 Answers May 7, 2014 at 9:44 PM
    • Old Harbour bar

by sgpotter Online Now Jan 13, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I have not returned to Spetsesince 1990 and was considering returning this year. I am sre there will be many changes but I am wondering if the beautiful bar by the sea in the old harbour is still there, it was owned by Kosta and his German wife. If you know the name can you please email me it as I would like to get in touch when there.

Many Thanks

Gary Potter

6 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 12:05 PM