Sperlonga Travel Answers

change location
skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

day trip from Rome

by skywalkerbeth Online Now Feb 15, 2006 at 2:15 AM

maybe I will do this instead of Pompeii, this trip, since it is such a long day otherwise! do you think this is a place to take one day from a 3 day trip to Rome, or, should I just stay in Rome? (my second trip).

I would love to see Pompeii but can always see this when I visit the south - Naples and Amalfi.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Lacristina's Profile Photo

RE: day trip from Rome

by Lacristina Online Now Feb 15, 2006 at 3:26 PM

I'm not sure why you chose Sperlonga and what kind of experience you are looking for. Not knowing what you have seen previously in Rome, and what your interests are, it's difficult to recommend. But there are many other day or half-day trips you could do from Rome.

Yes, Pompei would be a long day.

Some other alternatives: you could see at least a few of the highlights of Florence in a day - it takes just over an hour and a half by Eurostar train. You could go to Ostia Antica. Or to the medieval walled town of Orvieto. Or the Castelli Romani in the Alban Hills.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Tetreus's Profile Photo

RE: day trip from Rome

by Tetreus Online Now Feb 16, 2006 at 3:34 AM

Taking one day of a 3 day trip in Rome for Sperlonga ...no I wouldn't do this.
    Also going to Sperlonga takes you a long travel ( do you have a car or do you have to do this by train ? ).
    Sperlonga is very nice ( I have been there several times ) but I would do this if I would be longer than 3 days in Rome.
    Sperlonga is nice for a 10 minutes walk in the village...Sperlonga is nice to be a few hours on the beach ( the water is clear ), Sperlonga is nice to take a pizza on a saturdayevening...........but to take one day of a 3 day-trip seems a bit exagerating and I would prefer to see lot's of other places closer to Rome.
    It depends also of course how many times you've been in Rome already and perhaps you've seen already everything ?

If you are with a car, you can do in that case the coastline..seeing Sabaudia, San Felice, Terracina, Sperlonga and Gaeta. In that case you do several villages, they are nice ! ( look at our pages )

Janine and Andrea
    ( tetreus )

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

RE: RE: day trip from Rome

by skywalkerbeth Online Now Feb 16, 2006 at 4:30 AM

thank you to both.

a friend of mine suggested it as a day trip from Rome, she said she loved it.

given that this is my second trip to Rome, I think I will stay in Rome.

thanks again.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines