Spanish Point Travel Answers

change location

Trip to Spanish Point from Dublin

by LisaSpicer Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 7:38 AM

We are going to a wedding at Spanish Point this summer but planning on flying in to dublin to visit friends first the day before. Is it possible to get a bus/coach from Dublin to somewhere near Spanish Point?

Thanks. Lisa

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Trip to Spanish Point from Dublin

by leics Online Now Jun 25, 2010 at 9:23 AM

You can't get a direct bus.

It will take you quite a while though...almost 7 hours, involving 3 buses. Dublin>Limerick, Limerick > Ennis, Ennis to Spanish Point.

You can find times and details on the Bus Eireann journeyplanner here:

http://194.106.151.94/jplan/bin/

There is only one departure suggested in order to make the required connections as quickly as possible (I put in 8am as start time), leaving Dublin at 13:10.

A considerably faster alternative will be to take the train to Ennis and then get the bus to Spanish Point. Although you will have to change at least once (depending on departure) the whole journey to Ennis will only take around

Use www.irishrail.ie to get train information and fares etc. One-way fare is 29 euro.

Then use the Bus Eireann journeyplanner above to find onward buses to Spanish Point. You can find the timetables for bus 333 (the one you need from ennis) here:

buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=5...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Trip to Spanish Point from Dublin

by leics Online Now Jun 27, 2010 at 5:01 AM

You are absolutely correct. I misread the timetable. My excuse? I was half-asleep.

Apologies to the OP.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines