Spangdahlem Travel Answers

change location

Spangdahlem to Paris by train

by carterjf3 Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 10:16 AM

How do I use the Eurail site to buy and board a train from Spangdahlem to Paris?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • anadyr's Profile Photo

Re: Spangdahlem to Paris by train

by anadyr Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I would use the Deutsche Bahn (German Railways) www.dbahn.de web site to buy a ticket. I've used it a couple of times. Within Germany, you receive an eticket, which you print off, for a ticket originating outside of Germany, you receive a paper ticket (allow for mailing). Also, with a little work, you can find great rail fares.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Nemorino's Profile Photo

by Nemorino Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 11:05 AM

From Spangdahlem you would first have to take a bus to Trier. (Get a separate bus ticket. That makes things a lot easier. But the buses don’t seem to run very often. Do you know someone who could drive you to Trier, by any chance?))

Book your train ticket here:
    http://www.bahn.com/i/view/index.shtml
    This website comes in several languages. To switch it to English, click on USA, UK or Other.

There are train connections from Trier via Saarbrücken or via Luxembourg. It is somewhat faster to go via Saarbrücken, and also simpler because you can book completely online and print out your own ticket, without waiting for them to send it to you. Also if you book well in advance you might get a special deal via Saarbrücken, but not via Luxembourg.

The difference is that from Saarbrücken you go non-stop on a German ICE train to Paris. From Luxembourg you would take a French TGV train which makes one stop in Metz on the way.

4 members found this helpful

• abalada's Profile Photo

by abalada Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Closest train station to Spangdahlem is Bitburg-Erdorf. But there are also buses to Trier.

DB timetable

reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/qu...

Start: Bitburg-Erdorf

Start: Trier Hbf

Destination: Paris Est

1 member found this helpful

• Turtleshell's Profile Photo

by Turtleshell Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 4:52 AM

Just FYI: Eurail is not a railway network but a ticket handling agency that sells "discounted" (according to Eurail) travel passes valid across various European nations - not point-to-point connections.
    As others have said: go to Deutsche Bahn and purchase your ticket there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines