Spain Travel Answers

change location
raypang's Profile Photo

2013 May in Córdoba

by raypang Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Hi, thx in advance for anyone who pay attention to this question.
Plan stay there for 2~3 days due to some kind of festival garden yard shows? sth like that.
want to know any more english version information I can get or any suggestions on the spots I should walk arround would be welcome.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • WomBatt's Profile Photo

Re: 2013 May in Córdoba

by WomBatt Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 1:49 AM

'Patio Festival Cordoba' as a google will do it, if no one else responds. Also 'Cruces de Mayo' runs part parallel in May. Sorry, I have not been. From memory there will be forty to sixty patios and perhaps twenty decorated crosses outside churches.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johnincornwall's Profile Photo

by johnincornwall Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 7:32 AM

The old centre of Cordoba is not that extensive really. You can do the Mequita, jewish quarter and all the old part/patios etc easily in a day, depending how much time you spend in the Mezquita, and still get lunch for 2 or 3 pm. Best to get a map from the tourist office if you dont have avguide book. Downriver from Puente Romano (entrance to old town) there is a nice new car park on the intersection if you have a car. But a good sprinkiling of small hotels there anyway Beware - dont buy any heather off gitanas and also note that the weather can be very, very hot along the Guadalquivir valley, even in May.

• Aitana's Profile Photo

by Aitana Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Every May there is a patio contest (concurso municipal de patios de Córdoba). This year it is from May 8 to May 19. If you can read Spanish:
    patiosdecordoba.es/index.php...
    In case you can check my tip about patios contest:
    "Patios" - STREETS AND PATIOS OF CÓRDOBA... Tip by Aitana

english.turismodecordoba.org...
    I was a few years ago, and I got a small map where I could see the location of all the patios taking part in the contest.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Spain Travel Answer Locations