Spain Travel Answers

change location

Booking accommodations?

by coriejim Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to tour Spain and Portugal this May and June. We're traveling on a relatively low budget. We will be looking for places to stay for about 40 euros a night. I believe there are a variety of accommodation types. Can anyone suggest a few web sites for accommodations that fit this budget? I have been looking online at various accommodations for May. Many of them are indicating "last 2 rooms left, book now" etc. We prefer to book accommodation a few days ahead as we travel. In your experience is our approach advisable while traveling in Spain/Portugal? thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Booking accommodations?

by Donna_in_India Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Hi - we've used hostelworld.com before. They have various types of accommodations, not just hostels. We had good luck with all the properties we stayed in.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 11:21 PM

www.booking.com and www.venere.com are also reliable sites used by many VT-ers. I've not been disappointed when I've booked through either.

You will often see 'last 2 rooms' or whatever on such sites because the hotel/whatever only makes x number of rooms available at those rates on that site. It does not mean that the whole place is filling up, just that rates are likely to be different.

• WomBatt's Profile Photo

by WomBatt Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 1:07 AM

' 40 euros a night' - per person or per room? :-)

I doubt you will have a problem based on your criteria - at this time of the year, book accommodation a few days ahead, variety of accommodation (yes, whatever the description - I suspect you recognise hostAl is not hostEl).

booking.com has the certainty, unlike some sites, any review is by someone who has certainly booked through the site and stayed at the premises. Frankly, just 'google' - accommodation 'destination'.

• Re: Booking accommodations?

by LowCostatAllCosts Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 6:57 AM

If you're talking 40€ total per day, it'll be tough, but you can do it. When I'm doing a big trip like that, I tend not to book my hotels too far in advance--it gives me wiggle room with changing my itinerary around based upon tips I might get from locals, things I read, etc. To help save some money, I always book a hotel that has breakfast included--even if it's not the best, it's something you won't have to shell out extra money for. I've found really great deals on Prontohotel. Here are the links for Portugal and Spain--check them out! http://www.prontohotel.com/esp/ http://www.prontohotel.com/prt/

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Spain Travel Answer Locations