Sozopol Travel Answers

change location
SergioT123's Profile Photo

Transit and other

by SergioT123 Online Now Jul 10, 2008 at 6:51 AM

Greetings Travelers-
forgive me if this has been asked before
How is the transportation in Sozopol( public transit)? do you need to purchase a special card or token or pay by change and do you have to have exact change? A co worker said she was asked to depart bus because she did not have exact change. Not sure how widespread this is.
Also beaches, what is closest beach and what are weather conditions like in the april?

Regards
sergio

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: Transit and other

by johngayton Online Now Jul 10, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Hey Serge even I can answer most of this one! Within Sozopol itself everywhere is walkable and the two main beaches are adjacent to the old and new towns respectively. April is a bit hit nor miss weather wise but when its good it's good. The only little hiccup about being there in April is that many of the seasonal restaurants etc won't be open but that's not a problem as the local places certainly will be (and hence will be cheap!).

To get around the area the main bus route is into Burgas and yes the drivers do prefer the correct change (just like bus drivers everywhere). Another little tip is that even bars, shops etc don't like high denomination notes (unless of course you're spending a lot of money) and so it's best to try and keep your cash in notes of 20 leva or less and always have a bit of small change too.

Hope this helps and of course if you have any very specific questions you know where to ask them!

Cheers, John.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • SergioT123's Profile Photo

Re: Transit and other

by SergioT123 Online Now Jul 11, 2008 at 9:41 AM

Hello John
    thanks a lot ;)))) As i plan more , i am certain i will have more questions more directed to the trip.
    cheers!
    sergio

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines