Travel Answers
Sovata

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• RolandWohlfart's Profile Photo

border crossing to Ukraine, from Galati to Reni ??

Galati Mar 14, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Hi, everybody !
      Can anyone please tell me whether it is possible crossing the border from Galati (Romania), transit Moldavia without Visa, then crossing border Moldavia-Ukraine by foot only ??

Or it is better to take a public bus, if possible ??

more
    • TatyanaA's Profile Photo

Visit Scarisoara Ice Cave

Romania Mar 12, 2015 at 10:42 AM

Have anyone been to Scarisoara Ice Cave ? Is it possible to visit without tour? How can it be reached- we'll be staying in Cluj and driving the car?

more
    • late night otopeni to brasov

Brasov Mar 13, 2015 at 4:31 AM

Hi

What are my options regarding getting to brasov from otopeni airport late at night – say around 1030pm (on a Thursday night in may)

Any help would be great.

Thanks
      Jeremy

more
    • Maramures, Romania

Judetul Maramures Mar 25, 2015 at 12:58 PM

Hello all, I am thinking of visiting Romania for the second time. I visited Bucharest, Sibiu, Sighasoara (sp) and Brasov the first time. I was interested in visiting the Maramures area during this visit (as well as back to Brasov since it was only a short time there). Can anyone provide tips for visiting this area? I plan on getting a guide for us. But wondering if certain town/villages are better for tourists than others. We are interested in history and culture, so anything such as the fortified churches, castles, arts/crafts and music are top of our list. Also for consideration is travel time. I myself would prefer not to be many hours in a car on rutted roads but spending several hours on a train is not an issue.

Anything that can be provided on this or the Saxon triangle is greatly appreciated!

more
    • Taxi from Avrig to Balea Waterfall

Romania Mar 25, 2015 at 3:43 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to find out the cost of a taxi from Avrig to Balea waterfall. Couldn't find any E-mail online and when I tried to call a few companies the person who answered the phone couldn't speak English. Is there any way to pre-book it? Could someone help please?

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Logistic question

Bucharest Mar 6, 2015 at 11:34 AM

Hi,

I am planning a one and a half week vacation in Romania in September. I will be traveling by myself. My itinerary is Bucharest, Brasov, Rasnov, Bran castle, Sighisoara, and Sibiu. I also want to see the Bucovina painted monasteries. However, I am not sure if I have enough time, even if I allocate two weeks for Romania, if I include the Bucovina painted monasteries. I am wondering if one and a half week is sufficient to cover all the places mentioned. Is there a bus or train system that connects all these places? I am not a good driver so I prefer not to drive. Finally, is there an airport in Sighisoara or Sibiu?

Thank you

more

Car or no car in the city?

Bucharest Mar 3, 2015 at 3:39 AM

Hi everybody,
      I'll be coming in May to Romania and want to rent a car to see the country. But first/last couple of days I'll spend in Bucharest. So I wonder - maybe it's better to take the car later and return it earlier? How is traffic/ parking/ is it difficult to get from/to the airport? Our flights will be in the late evening hours, so what transportation is possible after 9 p.m.?
      Thank you beforehand ...

more

Car or no car in the city?

Bucharest Mar 3, 2015 at 3:39 AM

Hi everybody,
      I'll be coming in May to Romania and want to rent a car to see the country. But first/last couple of days I'll spend in Bucharest. So I wonder - maybe it's better to take the car later and return it earlier? How is traffic/ parking/ is it difficult to get from/to the airport? Our flights will be in the late evening hours, so what transportation is possible after 9 p.m.?
      Thank you beforehand ...

more

Need advice - 2 weeks itenary

Romania Mar 5, 2015 at 1:03 PM

I have a first draft of my Romanian itenary. My husband and I are flying to Bucharest and renting a car. actually we have 18 full days, but we want to leave 4 days for Serbia, so this is the plan.

1-2. From airport we take the car and go to Brasov for 2 nights

3-4. 2 nights in Sigishoara

5. one night in Suceava, we want to see painted monasteries

6-8 Going to Cluj for 3 nights, first day here will be a lot of driving - we are making a detour to Sapanta

9-10 Sibui

11 Timisoara

12-15 Serbia

16 long road to Sinaia.

17-18 Bucharest

Meanwhile it looks a little bit frightening even for me :)

Especially that I heard that travelling by Romanian roads can be very slow.

Meanwhile I checked times on google, and hope it'll be close to real. And I realize that sometimes we'll have pretty long hours in the car.

So what do you think? Any suggestions (except that I'm crazy, that are old news) are welcome :)

more
    • Sovata packages

by jbeitz1 Online Now Jan 3, 2005 at 12:30 PM

Does anyone know if there are all-inclusive packages available when you travel to Sovata? I am interested in taking advantage of what is offered there but can find little beyond the costs of the hotels there. Any additional information would be appreciated.