Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• is there a left luggage facility at the train station in Lucca? need to leave suitcase for a few hours while I explore the town. Thanks

Lucca Sep 27, 2015 at 9:16 AM

is therer a left luggage facility at the train station in Lucca? I would like to leave my suitcase for a few hours while I explore the town, and then will be moving on. Thanks.

• Christmas Market

Pisa Sep 27, 2015 at 10:19 AM

Does anyone know if there's a Christmas Market in Pisa? Looking to go Dec 8th for 3/4 nights. If there is a Christmas market, where abouts is it? Also, best hotel for tourist locations?

• Muncus's Profile Photo

Staying in Pisa 7th-14th looking for live music venues

Pisa Sep 9, 2015 at 1:14 PM

Hi all
      I am staying In pisa from the 7th Ocober and am loking for live music venues and locals to give ideas of where to go and see. Look forward to your answers.
      Bill :-)

• Which car rental agency is open Friday evening (25/9) and close to a train to Lerici?

Tuscany Sep 4, 2015 at 12:00 PM

Trying to return our rental car after a long day of travelling from San Gimignano to Lucca to a quick photo op in Pisa and on to our hotel near the Cinque Terre in Lerici. We don't need the car for the rest of our journey, though we do have hotel parking in Lerici. It's almost impossible to return a car in LaSpezia on the weekend (closed Sunday, some closed Saturday or half day...), so we thought maybe in Pisa on Friday? Is there a car rental agency open on Friday early evening in Pisa? Is there a train to Lerici? How late? Is there a car rental agency close to the train station? Thanks so much in advance for any help.

• what best to buy gifts

Florence 12 hours ago

I will be coming to Florence in First week of November. What best I can buy from Florence to gift my parents, friends?
      What are the office hours in Florence,Italy as I will be on business trip hence want to spen quality time in evening

• SightSeeOoO's Profile Photo

SO MUCH TO SEE - is this too much?

Livorno Sep 17, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Ciao! We are in the port of Livorno for ONE DAY - so this is challenging. Do you think the following proposed itinerary is too much for the time we are off the ship? (9 hours)

Drive from Livorno to Firenze (via private car) stop at Piazza Michelangelo for a quick snack & cup of coffee, then drive to see Piazza del Duoma (aka Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral). Not planning on going inside, just sitting and staring at it in awe for a little while. Then a jaunt over to the Ponte Vecchio to WINDOW shop. Overall, I was thinking that would be about three hours in the city.

(Note: We were in Florence for a week in 1997, so I have done some extensive sightseeing there. I know the museums all have loooooong lines, so I was not planning on going to any of them. I would need another week long trip to do that any justice.)

THEN... from Firenze, we are hoping to drive through Tuscany (maybe stop at one vineyard, maybe not) and spend a few hours in San Gimingano. (we love it there).

We figured out drive time to be approx 4 hours, which if we have 9 hours, that gives us 5 hours to sight-see.

What do you think? Thanks for your input! Mille Gratzie!

• mahalheart's Profile Photo

time alloted needed for Pisa

Pisa Sep 6, 2015 at 6:30 PM

my flight from Paris is arriving at 0830 am, Im debating if Im going to get my train resservation going to Rome at 14:54 pm or 17;12 pm my first time, in Pisa and would like to see the place and take some photos ,