Southern Province

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best non-surf beach in September

Southern Province Apr 22, 2014 at 2:42 AM

We're going to be in Sri Lanka in September and we're looking for a beach that is not too rough to spend about 5 days. This is the 'nicer' part of our trip, so we're looking for somewhere nice to stay (though not necessarily a resort, smaller more boutiquey places are our preference). We've been looking at Bentota, Hikkaduwa and Mirissa... but a bit confused as to which one would be best for us ...

7 Answers 3 hours ago
    • A swimwear/ bikini shop in Unawatuna

Unawatuna Apr 8, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Hi, I am arriving from Rishikesh, in north India. Are there any shops close by Unawatuna for swimwear?

3 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 10:40 PM
    • Airport shuttle

Bentota Mar 28, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Can anyone suggest a good taxi firm that runs a service from Bentota to Colombo airport?

Thanks

Gary

2 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 8:08 AM
    • modes of travel in srilanka

Bentota Mar 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

we are 4 adults and 1 child. Want to know the best way to travel from Colombo airport to bentota. and later from bentota to kandy

2 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 1:12 AM
    • modes of travel in srilanka

Bentota Mar 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

we are 4 adults and 1 child. Want to know the best way to travel from Colombo airport to bentota. and later from bentota to kandy

4 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 6:12 AM
    • West Coast Sri Lanka i.e. Bentota

Bentota Jan 25, 2014 at 12:24 AM

When is the best time to go to Bentota Sri lanka

7 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 8:07 AM
    • Masha_M's Profile Photo

snorkelling in Mirissa

Mirissa South Jan 20, 2014 at 11:26 PM

How is snorkelling in Mirissa? Should I take my snorkelling gear with me or is it a waste of energy?
      Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 8:07 AM
    • Wafro's Profile Photo

Taxi rates

Koggala Jan 17, 2014 at 5:35 AM

What are the current taxi rates Koggala-Mirissa and Koggala-Galle?

2 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • cangle_192's Profile Photo

Hostel accomodation

Southern Province Jan 9, 2014 at 6:50 AM

Hi,
      Does anyone know of good hostels (shared accomodation) in any of the south coast towns? I'm travelling alone and find it easier to meet backpackers this way :)

2 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 4:06 AM

do I need to book ahead?

Mirissa South Jan 8, 2014 at 6:25 AM

We're planning to stay at a mid range place in Mirissa in February. Do you think that we should book ahead or is it possible to find a nice place on the spot? We're planning to stay for about 2 weeks, do you think we can get a good bargain? Thanks

5 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 3:47 AM
    • sadeem's Profile Photo

Sri Lanka tour, self touring or through traveling agency?

Bentota Jan 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Hi,

I'm visiting Sri Lanka in mid January and have planned everything myself, the only thing left is transportation, I'm planning on hiring a driver.

It will be my first experience in an east Asian country, and I know especially in Sri Lanka that moving from one place to another and finding suitable accommodation can be difficult. Therefore, I am wondering if planning the tour through a traveling agency would be better than planning it myself.

Here is my plan, I would appreciate an comments or advise on it:

Arrival: 16 Jan 10 AM

Kandy 2 nights: 16 Jan - 18 Jan

Hotel: Hunas Falls by Amaya. Checkout: 12 PM

Activities and Places to visit: Elephant orphanage, Royal botanical garden.

Nuwara Eliya 3 nights: 18 Jan - 21 Jan

Hotel: Brockenhurst villa. Checkout: 1 PM.

Activities and Places to visit: Pedro state tea factory, Horton plains national park, Adam's peak, Gem mines, Gregory lake.

Mirissa 2 nights: 21 Jan - 23 Jan

Hotel: Villa Vatura @ Talaramba Reef. Checkout: 1 PM.
      Activities and Places to visit: Beach, whale watching, Safari Yala national park, Deep sea fishing, hot air ballooning.

Bentota 2 nights: 23 Jan - 25 Jan. Hotel prices are inflated we couldn't find a suitable place.

Departure 26 Jan.

I have contacted some traveling agencies and they have proposed some itineraries. I found their prices quite expensive, since I am traveling with a group of 7 the total amount would reach $8000, excluding entrance fees and lunch and dinner . Based on my calculation, my plan would cost me much less.

Any advice?

Thank you

Sadeem

5 Answers Jan 16, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    • Unawatuna hotels

Unawatuna Dec 24, 2013 at 6:05 AM

any place in unawatuna,sri lanka  where you can get a room just for a day. as in come in the morning and leave in the evening?

1 Answer Dec 24, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    • Direct beach access accommodation in Unawatuna or Hikkaduwa? (Not resorts)

Unawatuna Dec 8, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Hi, can anyone recommend a clean cabana/bungalow/hut with private shower that has direct access to the beach? Nearby restaurants, snorkeling facilities etc. would be a plus. Price range: 50-70 USD. Time: 15-17th january. Our ideal match Gallawatta is unfortunately booked.

• Express A.C. bus from Galle to Colombo airport?

Galle Dec 6, 2013 at 7:32 AM

is there an express A.C. bus that goes from Galle directly to the international airport near Colombo? If not, what about express A.C. buses from Galle to Colombo itself?
      thanks

3 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    • Hapugala's Profile Photo

Nightlife in Galle

Galle Dec 4, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Any nightclubs in galle

3 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    • hanshek's Profile Photo

Accomodation on the beach

Unawatuna Nov 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I tried to book accomodation were we stayed before in July last year, but during the Xmas season they require a stay of minimum 6 nights. Can you recommend any other accomodation on or very near to the beach for a family of 5 people.

• hanshek's Profile Photo

Hotel Thilak

Unawatuna Nov 26, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Does anybody have the contact details of the Thilak hotel in Unawatuna?

3 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    • Need a Travel support during my stay in Bentota

Bentota Nov 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM

my family will be in Bentota fm 16/11 - to 25/11 - so I would like to have a some excursion during my stay. But I have 2 adults + 3 children ( 14 years / 8 years / 3 years) - so long excursion suppose will be a problem for children.
      For sure - I would like to have
      1. yala jeep Safari
      2. maybe rafting
      some other which will be interesting for children

+ I studding the possibility to visit SIGIRIYA with one night in kandy -

so in case You can offer me some program for excursion & Your price - pls. send me an email.
      zoomer778@gmail.com

3 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • prices in bentota

Bentota Nov 5, 2013 at 8:16 AM

What is the average price of food and drink in Bentota and if anyone knows the price for day trips! thanks

2 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    • Is there a lot to do outside of the hotel complex's?

Bentota Oct 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Hi
      Me and my girlfriend like to get out of the hotel complex to do day trips and eat in local restaurants. Are there a lot of activities to keep us engaged for a weeks stay?
      Andy

2 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM
    • RavynN's Profile Photo

developement in galle

Galle Oct 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM

how has Galle fort and city developed after post tsunami and war periods ?

2 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Is the sea shallow enough for a 2 year old (going in Feb.)?

Tangalla Oct 17, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Hi there, what would be the best beach to stay on with a two year old in Februray? We're "old backpackers" and prefer to avoid package tour masses and resort type of places. We'll also be travelling on a budget seeking some relaxed vibe and yoga classes if possible. Thanks for all your answers.

1 Answer Oct 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM

How crowded is Unawatuna now (in February)?

Unawatuna Oct 17, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Hi there, what would be the best beach to stay on with a two year old in Februray? We're "old backpackers" and prefer to avoid package tour masses and resort type of places. We'll also be travelling on a budget seeking some relaxed vibe and yoga classes if possible. Thanks for all your answers.

2 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    • Most haoppening area in Hikkaduwa

Hikkaduwa Oct 16, 2013 at 4:05 AM

Which is the most happening area to stay in Hikka. Also do you know of any budget hotel in this happening /downtown area?

2 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    • private trip to National Park from cruise ship

Hambantota Oct 5, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Arriving n a cruise ship December. they offer a trip to bundala is it possible to arrange privately? Or Yala?

Thankyou

christine

5 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM
    • Mosquitos in bentota

Bentota Sep 26, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Are they present all year round, visiting bentota in early October, how much of a problem will they be, staying in the vivanta hotel! would hope for nets over the bed.

7 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 3:37 AM
    • BUDGET ACCOMMODATION

Unawatuna Sep 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM

PLEASE let me know safe accommodation around Unawatuna beach within arount US$ 25-30 for four of us (2 adults, 2 children) including home statys. If you can help KINDLY inform me e-mail etc. We shall be there for four days from 4th to 8th Jan, 2014. TRAVEL HAPPY.

yours always

badali

5 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 2:42 AM
    • BUDGET ACCOMMODATION

Unawatuna Sep 25, 2013 at 7:46 AM

WE ARE A FAMILY OF FOUR. SELF, WIFE, SON (14) AND DAUGHTER (5). WANT BUDGET ACCOMMODATION IN UNAWATUNA NEAR BEACH WITHIN US $ 25 FOR THE FAMILY. WHERE TO STAY? SAFETY IS IMPORTANT.

9 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 4:40 AM
    • WHALE WATCHING

Mirissa South Sep 6, 2013 at 3:01 AM

is it safe to go with kids for the whale watching tour by boat.We are planning to travel in December 2013

3 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    • Condition of Unawatuna Beach

Unawatuna Sep 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM

We read that the beach has been wash away. As a place to relax after a tour, is it still an option?

3 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 4:42 AM