Southend-on-Sea Travel Answers

change location

3 days in Southend with Family

by emmweb Online Now Mar 10, 2008 at 2:29 PM

My husband and I will be in Southend for 3 days in June with our 11 year old daughter. Can anyone recommend some fun things to do (aside from Adventure Island and the pier) and some places where we might enjoy a good meal? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Britannia2's Profile Photo

Re: 3 days in Southend with Family

by Britannia2 Online Now Mar 14, 2008 at 4:45 PM

I hate to see a question go without answer - Southend is one of the few places in England I have never been to - I can only say have a look at/www.visitsouthend.co.uk/see_and_do.asp .
    Also have a look at the Southend pages here on VT.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

Re: 3 days in Southend with Family

by taurean_traveller Online Now Mar 30, 2008 at 2:42 AM

When you get to Southend there is a tourist info place along the sea front.
    There is an Sea Life centre which is well woth a visit.
    The Adventure playground is very popular and there is also an old ship (forget the name) which you can look over.
    You can walk to the end of the pier and take a train back but whatever you still have to pay.
    Small cafe at the end of the pier
    As for eating places,there are many traditional fish and chip places.
    However one of the most popular places are the small cafes (called The Arches )around 1km west of the pier,all with outside seating,very varied menues and very tasty.Around £6.50 for adults and with a child's menu.And very popular

Immediately north of the pier is the main town centre with it's long pedestrian high street with lots of cafes and pubs that serve food.
    There is also the Cliffs Pavillion theatre and you can find out what is on via there web site.
    1km east past the pier is the Kursall area which has a bowling alley and is mainly an amusement area.

If the weather is nice you can even swim and sunbathe!!
    Email me if there is anything else you need

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines