Southend-on-Sea Travel Answers

change location
CdnJane's Profile Photo

Restaurant with one sitting

by CdnJane Online Now Apr 21, 2003 at 2:44 PM

A number of years ago... ok, about 15yrs ago... just a few... some friends took me to a restaurant in the Southend-on-Sea area, or Leigh on Sea... that only had one sitting a night. They brought around to the tables a huge terrine of soup, there was a salad "bar", and then the starters, and entrees were all trotted out for you to see the options, as were the desserts. It was incredibly good food, and was about 20 pounds stirling per person. Reservations had to be made long in advance. Does anyone know if this restaurant still exists... the name of which escapes me... or know of any other similar ones in the Greater London area?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • YVRDave's Profile Photo

Re: Restaurant with one sitting

by YVRDave Online Now Apr 21, 2003 at 3:01 PM

That sounds like a good deal. The only one I can suggest in London that has rolling service is Simpsons on the Strand. It is alot more money though. Good luck, fun and good restaurants are to be treasured lollo.co.uk/leigh-on-sea-res... city-visitor.com/southendons...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • YVRDave's Profile Photo

Re: Restaurant with one sitting

by YVRDave Online Now Apr 21, 2003 at 3:03 PM

This one looks beter for Soutend on Sea lollo.co.uk/southend-on-sea-...

• Re: Re: Restaurant with one sitting

by HawaiiGuy Online Now Apr 21, 2003 at 4:37 PM

Aloha all. You mean Simpsons on Strand is still there? Had a wonderful lunch there in seventies, and when told him it was better than anything we could find in Paris, he broke out in the largest smile I've ever seen on an adult! Back then wasn't too expensive, either. Thanks for the update! Ciao, meow ^..^~~~

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Restaurant with one sitting

by CdnJane Online Now Apr 21, 2003 at 6:29 PM

Thanks... I'll have to go through those and see if I see one that rings a bell. Lost track of my friends after they divorced, so can't go that route either :(

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines