Southampton

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hotel & Airport Transport

by suekarnosh Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Flying into Heathrow in early October for a 14-day roundtrip cruise from Southampton. My friend and I will need a good decently priced hotel for a night or two and also a good transportation company to and from Heathrow to Southampton and return trip.

more
    • Hotel & Airport Transport

by suekarnosh Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Flying into Heathrow in early October for a 14-day roundtrip cruise from Southampton. My friend and I will need a good decently priced hotel for a night or two and also a good transportation company to and from Heathrow to Southampton and return trip.

1 Answer Apr 10, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    • GiannimaraTravel's Profile Photo

How to . . .

by GiannimaraTravel Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 12:18 PM

What is the best way to go from Southampton to London to Paris, France by train.

11 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 11:27 AM
    • Americans in Southampton during D-Day

by pearldrop Online Now Dec 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM

While visiting Southampton recently, someone told us of a wall that American servicemen wrote on before boarding their ship on their way to D-Day. Having visited Normandy on the other side of the channel, we tried finding this wall. We could not find it. Does it exist and is there a picture of it anywhere?

2 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 1:32 AM
    • How to get from the Queen Mary to the bus station in Southamtpn

by nanvan1 Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Hi we are arriving Friday January 10th on the Queen Mary. For frugality reasons we would like to buy a senior bus ticket and leave from the bus terminal in Southampton. I need help with the following:

Will taxis be easily available from the cruise terminal.
      How much will the taxi cost.
      If I buy a ticket in advance what time should I make the reservation for.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Nancy

4 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    • Holiday accommodation in Southampton for December 2013

by linamurray Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I am looking to rent an apartment/cottage/house for 2 weeks for family members who will be visiting Southampton (2 adults, 2 children) from 22 December 2013 - 5 January 2014. Is there any webpage that caters for short term rentals directly from property owners?

2 Answers Sep 10, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    • Price of taxi

by Bichou Online Now May 9, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Hello,
      I would like to know the price of a taxi between Southampton AirPort and Beaulieu (motor museum).
      Thanks

4 Answers May 12, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    • collegeprof's Profile Photo

Ride/Taxi from Kent to Southampton

by collegeprof Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Does anyone know of an "easy" way to get from Tunbridge Wells to Southampton without going through London?

1 Answer Apr 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM
    • Transfer to Heathrow

by suzenka Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM

We will be arriving by cruise ship and want to get to London, Heathrow or Richmond, Surrey...near London. In the past it has always been a huge hassle getting off the ship and trying to get a taxi or bus. We do not want to take the cruise ship transfer to the airport because it is a huge ripoff---$100 per person. We have a friend who can come "collect" us as she says, but where could she meet us? How difficult is it? Thanks for any help here!

5 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 11:55 PM
    • hayley1989drink's Profile Photo

Travelling to Australia Sept/Oct 2013

by hayley1989drink Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I am looking to travel to Oz in September/October. I have a years working visa, however I plan to do a bit of travelling 1st. I am planning on working in Sydney initally, however where is best to start so I can travel for a few weeks?

Also, I want to stop somewhere on my way over, ny suggestions on where to stop for a month or so would be greatfully recieved.

Thank you, Hayley.

4 Answers Jun 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    • rosemarge's Profile Photo

Airport transfers from London Heathrow airport to Southampton Cruise port

by rosemarge Online Now Nov 26, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Hi everyone, I am on the process to book a Taxi from London Heathrow airport to Southampton Cruise port. Do you have any recommendations on who to use? I am looking for someone reliable and good price.

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM
    • sonos's Profile Photo

Southamton - London

by sonos Online Now Feb 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Good evening, I will travel one day to London From Le Havre via Southampton. What's the cheapest way to reach London and go back to stay over night in Southampton? Thank you in advance.

19 Answers Feb 12, 2012 at 4:19 AM
    • Pub walking distance to the Queen Mary 2 Dock

by macknz Online Now Jul 9, 2011 at 6:53 AM

We are traveling on the Queen Mary 2 and are meeting friends for lunch in Southampton. What would be a good pub/restaurant to meet them at that is walking distance to where the ship is docked? please advise

2 Answers Jul 9, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    • KiwiBeatle's Profile Photo

Train Gatwick to Southampton

by KiwiBeatle Online Now May 22, 2011 at 6:03 PM

My wife and I have booked train tickets online from Gatwick to Southampton via Clapham Junction at 3pm 3rd July. After saying they could reserve seats for us, once booked they said we couldn't.
      Does anyone know how busy that train is likely to be , esp the Clapham - Southampton leg?
      As we would have just got off a long haul flight we're hoping we wont have to stand!

2 Answers May 23, 2011 at 4:03 PM
    • KiwiBeatle's Profile Photo

Routes and B&Bs in South West England

by KiwiBeatle Online Now May 11, 2011 at 7:54 PM

My wife and I have 2 weeks in a rental car going round the south west starting and finishing in Southampton in July before joining the Celebrity Eclipse cruise into the Baltic.
      We would like any tips on routes to take and recomended B&Bs / Farm Stays along the way. We want to avoid motorways as much as posible.
      We realize July is peak season so if you know of places that wont be too crowded would be great!
      Thanks

3 Answers May 16, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    • Just a Few Hours

by clinda Online Now May 3, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Hi,
      I will be arriving in London at Heathrow at 7AM, Sunday, August 28, 2011. I have a transfer down to Southampton through the cruise line. Once I get to Southampton, I can't get on the ship right away, so I was wondering if there is anything to do around the pier? I have difficulty walking, but I would like to see a little of the town, maybe have a cup of tea and a scone!

Thank-you. Linda

3 Answers May 4, 2011 at 2:08 AM
    • Looking for best way from hotel to ship dock

by afnash Online Now Sep 22, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Taking a cruise out of Southampton and looking for ideas on how to get from our hotel Holiday Inn Express - West in Southampton to the Cruise line dock. There are 14 of us. Asked the hotel while making reservation but they were no real help. Any suggestion?

Posted this earlier in the incorrect forum, so re-posting it here where I should of in the first place!

8 Answers Sep 23, 2010 at 4:58 PM
    • Car rental from Southampton to the New Forest

by tapforfun Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 8:22 AM

Is renting a car the best way to see the New Forest in a short time? We were thinking of going to Burley and Lyndhurst to get a flavor of the area. It looks like it is a short drive. We will dock in Southampton on the Queen Mary and will just be there from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Oct. 19th. My elderly mother will be with me and she would like to see the area and go to a tearoom for a clotted cream tea. Those two towns look like good places to visit.

Thank you!

3 Answers Jan 14, 2013 at 1:35 AM
    • Walk from hotel on 1 West Quay Road to Royal Caribbean Ship

by graefin Online Now Oct 24, 2009 at 2:49 PM

How long does it take to walk from the Hotel at 1 West Quay Road to the Royal Caribbean Cruise ship berth?

2 Answers Oct 29, 2009 at 1:29 PM
    • Walking to Southampton Train Station from Cruise Ship Terminal / Day Visit to Bath?

by jeana-r Online Now Mar 1, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Hi,
      Many thanks for the suggestions offered to Globetrott regarding excursions from Southampton. This has helped me a great deal as I am looking to do something similar. (I work on a cruise ship which will call in Southampton several times during the summer).

I am wondering if it is possible to walk from the terminal to the Southampton Train Station. The website for the terminal says it's about 1 -1.5 miles, and suggests a taxi. Is that because walking is not feasible? I'd prefer to walk if possible. I'll have no luggage.

Also, I am considering visiting Bath (by bus or train), and would love to know if the experts on this board think this is feasible in a day.

Thanks very much,
      Jeana

3 Answers Aug 2, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    • Transportation and Staying in Southampton

by Davidfsi Online Now Feb 14, 2009 at 10:36 AM

We are taking a cruise from Southampton to Rome on August 8. Our question is what is the cheapest way from Heathgow to Southampton? Also would you suggest us to stay in London the night of the 7th or travel to Southampton and stay there. We would appreciate any help you can give as our funds are limited.
      Thank You.

3 Answers Aug 22, 2009 at 1:16 AM
    • Bus from Southampton to Heathrow

by chuck7777 Online Now Dec 28, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Will be arriving Southampton Saturday April 25, 2009 on the Grand Princess. Understand a taxi will be necessary to get to the bus terminal for the trip to Heathrow. Does anyone know if the taxi company will accept US currency (or possibly credit cards)?

3 Answers Dec 29, 2008 at 1:30 AM
    • globetrott's Profile Photo

excursions from Southampton by public transport or tourist-bus

by globetrott Online Now Jun 29, 2008 at 11:06 AM

hi,
      I will be on a cruise on the QE II in October 22nd-27th and 2 days before that cruise and 3 days past the cruise I would like to explore the area around Southampton, mainly :
      Beaulieu - for the car-museum
      Stonehendge
      what else is there to be seen ?
      I would like to do these excursions by public transport or by organized bustours

10 Answers Jul 26, 2008 at 6:22 AM
    • BUS FROM SOUTHAMPTON TO HEATHROW

by Arkad Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 11:12 AM

I understand that there is a taxi ride from the cruise terminal at Southampton to the National Express bus station.

Please inform me the name of the bus station that I should ask the taxi driver to take us to. Also, how much does the taxi drive cost?

Are there are any other private bus companies operating from the cruise terminal or the bus station, and are tickets available when we arrive?

Thanks for the help.

Arkad

1 Answer Apr 16, 2008 at 1:21 PM
    • Callavetta's Profile Photo

Transport from Southampton

by Callavetta Online Now Aug 25, 2007 at 9:06 AM

I'm going to be very lazy and post this question for a friend, rather than doing research.

What are the cheapest and fastest ways to get from Southampton (cruise termination) to Heathrow (one cheapest, one fastest)?

What are the cheapest and fastest ways to get from Southampton to Stansted?

Thanks experts!

5 Answers Aug 25, 2007 at 11:45 AM
    • carteki's Profile Photo

Accomodation in Southampton - preferably backpackers / youth hostel

by carteki Online Now Aug 2, 2007 at 1:57 AM

Hi,
      Could anyone let me know if there is a backpackers/youth hostel in Southampton? Preferably near the docks.
      Thank you
      Kim

2 Answers Aug 4, 2007 at 6:14 AM
    • connection between the bus/coach terminal and the dock/oceanterminal

by edwardgale Online Now May 18, 2007 at 10:03 AM

I have been trying to find out if tere is a connecting bus or shuttle between the bus station and the docks please

1 Answer May 18, 2007 at 11:41 PM