South Yorkshire

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cheapest long term car rental

Brighton 17 hours ago

I'm coming to the uk mid July staying 5 weeks with my daughter and we need a car. What is the cheapest long term car hire company you know of? Or any creative solutions other than public transport ??? We will be moving to and fro eg Brighton/Henfield Brighton/steyning ...Kent...Hampshire...Dorset ... Last quote was dearer than buying a banger!

more
    • Car park at Windermere

Windermere Mar 28, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Hi, I have book at day tour with mountain goats. We be driving up there and was wondering where can I park my car while we were on the tour. Any free parking?

more
    • Bus service 18 at Manchester airport

Manchester Mar 28, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Hi, which airport terminal is bus service 18 located at? I am taking this bus to Sale Metrolink station. And at the airport, where can I purchase wayfarer tickets?

more
    • Theofiel's Profile Photo

cottage rental

Penzance Mar 24, 2015 at 3:38 PM

looking for an apartment vacation rental in Penzance with a coastal view, any suggested places?

more
    • Preston to Blackburn - options?

Lancashire Mar 19, 2015 at 9:05 AM

Hi there,

I'm wanting to go from The Universty of Lancashire's campus in Preston (PR1) to see a friend at St. Mary's College Blackburn (BB1), on the 31st of this month. I'm wondering what the cheapest/fastest way to do this is. Is there a particular bus line that I could take, and where's the best place I could catch this bus?

Thanks and all the best, Hashim

more
    • tzooper's Profile Photo

Transit from Southampton Port to Portsmouth Ferry port

Southampton Mar 18, 2015 at 3:14 PM

My wife and I will be arriving via cruise ship into Southampton in July '15 and will need to transfer as soon a possible to the Portsmouth Ferry port. What are the best options for making this transfer? I will appreciate all suggestions.

more
    • Restaurant advice!

Cambridge Mar 17, 2015 at 8:09 AM

Hi, I'm looking to book somewhere for a Saturday night for 6 people to celebrate my husbands 50thbirthday. Really good food and atmosphere is important. I wondered if any locals could help? There is a place that looks like they do good steaks with a rooftop bar, but it's attached to a hotel, not normally a recipe for plenty of life! Have looked at Cotto's website but lack of wine prices scares me. I've seen somewhere called Cau, doesn't look overly special but maybe someone could tell me different? Would appreciate ideas, thankyou

more
    • Ghost Hunts in Rugby

Rugby Mar 14, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Are there any ghost hunts in Rugby

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Staying in Southwark

London Mar 12, 2015 at 9:46 PM

Is there any self walking tour maps available for Southward area (London Eye, Tower Bridge etc)?

more
    • fool_moon's Profile Photo

London Travel pass

London Yesterday

I will stay 1 day in London (whole day) and I read about Oyster crd for 1.2 zones etc. - London visit states that a 1 day travel pass for zones 1-6 at 12.00 Pound which seems to be a good deal even I will travel only in zunes1.2. But: visitlondon offers a 1 day Card for 6 €uros and states that it can be only ordered fromoutside UK. Can anybody tell me if this is true ?

more
    • A day trip in saddleworth

Saddleworth Mar 28, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Hi, what can I do for a day trip in Saddleworth? I be coming down from Manchester and thought of taking the northern rail and drop at Greenfield station. I did some research and upper mill looks lovely. Any idea how/where I can take the canal ride? Any nearby farm/icecream farm to visit ? Would prefer walking to all these places as easier for me to go back manchester end of the day.

more
    • One day tours to lake district from Edinburg

Lake District National Park Mar 25, 2015 at 3:10 AM

Hi,
      Can anyone suggest one day tours to Lake district say Windermere which through my search have found to be one places that could be visited in Lake distrcit when you just have a day.

more
    • the market

Hunstanton Mar 15, 2015 at 1:09 PM

hi i hear there is a good market nearby what sells good quality product is this correct and where and what is the name of it plz

more
    • Ghost Hunts in Rugby

Rugby Mar 14, 2015 at 9:27 AM

Are there any ghost tours in or around Rugby

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

London market or Car Boot sale that is recommended weekdays, Tu - Fri, last 2 weeks of June

London Mar 24, 2015 at 6:39 PM

For older, collectable, antique & unusual items. We have looked at streetsensation.co.uk/market... and it seems that Camden Passage, Spitalfields, Bermondsey Market, Piccadilly Market & Gray's Antique Market might be possibilities. Looking for all comments and sometimes Car Boot sales can even be better, is there a good web site that lists Car Boot sales? Hopefully something NOT as busy as Portobello Rd. is on a Saturday. Thank you all.

more
    • How much to budget for for one week

London Mar 19, 2015 at 3:37 PM

Hi all

I am just wondering if anyone can help with a rough estimate of how much we should budget for per day in London. We will be there for one week in April. We will only be requiring 2 meals per day as we have breakfast provided at our hotel. And we have an Oyster card for travel as well.

more
    • Where to park in Marlow

Marlow Mar 5, 2015 at 11:52 PM

I'm having a long awaited girls day out with a friend today and we have decided to visit Marlow. We will probably walk by the river, visit the bridge, stop for cups of tea and lunch.
      Where is best to park please?

more
    • meeting up with my elderly mother at healthrow

Heathrow Mar 28, 2015 at 10:58 PM

I want to meet my mom at heathrow airport. My mom will be flying in from tel aviv, Israel and i will be flying from the US (making sure my flight gets in before hers) and i plan to make my way to her terminal to meet her. My question is where should i plan to meet her? Where should i tell her i will be ? she is elderly and will have wheel chair assistance but the airport is big and i don't want to miss her, so where is a good meeting up place at the airport?

more
    • Soccer stadiums

London Mar 23, 2015 at 8:08 PM

I want to watch a live soccer match. What stadium can I visit to do it?

more
    • Leaving LHR on Delta Airlines at 6:30am

London Mar 22, 2015 at 2:45 PM

We are currently scheduled to fly from LHR at 6:30am in the morning in June. We will be staying in a hotel on Glouster Road in Kensington for several nights prior to flying out of LHR. My question is: Do you think that it would be better to stay in a hotel near the airport or would we be just as well off traveling from Kensington at about Midnight and sitting in the airport for about 3 or 4 hours?

more

Cotswolds - 1/2 day

England Mar 19, 2015 at 9:17 PM

If I have half a day (lunch time till 5-6PM) what would you recommend me to see / do in Cotswolds?
      Any good recommendation for lunch?
      Would be driving and let me know if parking is easily available and how does the system works.

Thanks =)

more

From Heathrow to Tower Bridge

London Mar 15, 2015 at 10:31 AM

I am am arriving London Heathrow airport in the morning. I am heading to accomodation booked near Tower Bridge (I understand the nearest tube is London Bridge). Can you advise me the best public transport to get there? The most convenient option and the most cost efficient option (if they are not the same).
      Thanks =)

more
    • What will be the budget for an economy trip for two for 5 days

London Mar 26, 2015 at 11:49 PM

What will be the budget for an economy trip for two for 5 days from Kolkata to London inclusive of travel, stay and sightseeing cost ?

more
    • Medical cover for UK and Australian tourists visiting the other country

London Mar 23, 2015 at 6:30 AM

I hear that there's some mutual agreement between UK and Australian governments that a citizen of either country while touring is eligible for free medical treatment in the host country. Is this true?

more
    • tzooper's Profile Photo

Transit from Southampton Port to Portsmouth Ferry port

Southampton Mar 18, 2015 at 2:35 PM

My wife and I will be arriving via cruise ship into Southampton in July '15 and will need to transfer as soon a possible to the Portsmouth Ferry port. What are the best options for making this transfer? I will appreciate all suggestions.

more

Popular South Yorkshire Travel Answer Locations

• places to eat

Rotherham Dec 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Best places to eat near rotherham theatre there's 11 of us Inc a 4 year old. For Sunday evening.

1 Answer Dec 18, 2014 at 4:43 AM
    • places to eat

Rotherham Dec 17, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Could you tell me were there is to eat family friendly for 11 of us before the panto on Sunday night in Rotherham thanks.

6 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 1:09 PM
    • ImMotaz's Profile Photo

when does the city sleep?

Doncaster Apr 11, 2014 at 12:43 PM

When does cafes and restaurants close? Are streets safe after 10pm?

6 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 1:06 AM
    • traveling from manchester airport to sheffield

Sheffield Jan 23, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Hi I am flying into Manchester & need to get to sheffield as I am going to snooker world championships can anyone advise me best why to do this. Thanks

4 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 1:09 PM
    • Basketball

Sheffield Oct 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Hi, I'm looking for basketball team in Sheffield for girls. I practise basketball for 6 years. In October I moved out from Warsaw, and i really want to continue basketball training in England. Please help me :)

5 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    • Piggy73's Profile Photo

Meadowhall Park and Ride

Sheffield Apr 20, 2013 at 6:33 AM

I am hoping to use the park & ride and catch the tram to the Don Valley stadium - but it is not clear what the cost will be. I would really appreciate if someone can clarify this. The tram site says it is £3 return or I could get a day travel ticket for £4.00. Another site says the fare is £4.50 and I have to purchase the ticket from a machine in the car park? There was also something about a family travelcard for £6.50 - can 2 adults travel on this without children in the family?
      Also one person travelling with us has a UK concessionary travel pass - is this valid from the park and ride for free travel?
      Thanks in advance for any information.

8 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 1:10 AM
    • Neon Signs, HELP!

Sheffield May 2, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Hi I'm currently doing photoshoots with neon signs and am using the 'made in sheffield' cow vintage shop, leadmill, showroom cinema and uncle bens on eccy road. Is there any other interesting neon signs that might make a good photo? Also does anyone know the best place to view the neon 'i love you' sign on park hill bridge?

1 Answer Jun 20, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    • Widnes to Sheffield

Sheffield Jan 20, 2011 at 2:26 AM

My husband has an appointment at The Royal Hallamshire Hospspital for tests. He will only be there for the day on February 7th. He will be going by ambulance so therefore I can not go with him. I would like to be there for him and I am looking into the probability of getting there on my own. I don't drive, I am 76 years of age but in good health. Does anyone know of any transport from Widnes, Cheshire. It is near to Warrington and Liverpool.
      Thank you Joan Stanley

5 Answers Jan 21, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    • Sunday Nights in Sheffield

Sheffield May 6, 2010 at 3:49 AM

Hey, I'm going to a gig in Sheffield on a Sunday and staying in the city centre and am wondering if there's anywhere open Sunday nights 11pm onwards for a drink/dance. Any suggestions would be welcome thanks!

1 Answer May 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM
    • irish147's Profile Photo

Trams from ALARA Bed & Breakfast to City of Sheffield

Sheffield Apr 12, 2010 at 2:16 PM

What trains can you take from city to ALARA Bed & Breakfast in Hillsborough, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S6 2DH

Thanks

mike :)

2 Answers Nov 21, 2010 at 2:25 AM
    • Skinke's Profile Photo

One Day in Sheffield

Sheffield Jan 1, 2010 at 5:55 PM

We find ourselves with 1 extra day of travel during our trip to Yorkshire. Leaving Whitby toward London for return flight to USA gives us an opportunity to spend a brief time along a direct train route South. Our thinking was check out Whitby hotel early, short train somewhere in order to experience a different destination and next day long travel back to London ( we have already spent some tome there in the beginning of our trip ) Hotel in London will be close to Heathrow. We are interested in Sheffield because of its botanical gardens, the Wintergarden and Magna. Any comments from the VT gang would be appreciated in support of this plan as well as recommendations for hotel choices and things to do for an afternoon in Sheffield.
      Thanks
      Skinke

3 Answers Jan 2, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    • leecouk12324's Profile Photo

Fliming locations "Brassed Off"

Barnsley Dec 17, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Does anybody know exactly where in Barnsley where parts of the filming done for the flim "Brassed Off" and for which part(s) in the film.
      Thank You
      Lee H

8 Answers Dec 23, 2009 at 4:26 AM
    • Gichuck's Profile Photo

Getting from National Express arrival bus station to Moncrieffe Road, Netheredge

Sheffield Jul 16, 2009 at 7:22 AM

Can I ask for local advice please, on several related questions. We (2) are arriving in Sheffield on a National Express coach from Leeds on Saturday 18 July. We then need to get to Moncrieffe Road. I gather the bus is the 22. Where exactly does the coach arrive, and where should I catch the 22? Or, as we are two, should we take a taxi?

Further question. Do I need to book the National Express coach in advance from Leeds to Sheffield, or can we book when we get to the bus station? We are flying in to Leeds Bradford airport, so we cannot be sure of when we will get to Leeds bus station.

Thanks for your help and advice.
      GI Chuck, Dublin, Ireland

2 Answers Aug 16, 2009 at 12:43 PM
    • Travel Suggestions

South Yorkshire Apr 21, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I'll be in Doncaster at the beginning of August 2009 and would like some suggestions of places to visit in the area. I love castles, abbeys, pubs, gardens, music, ruins, etc. Recommendations on inexpensive places (B&Bs, hostels, etc.) to stay, as well as travel by train, are also very welcome. Thanks in advance.

6 Answers Apr 23, 2009 at 8:33 PM
    • irish147's Profile Photo

Any B&B's in Sheffield City

Sheffield Jan 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I looked online and cant find too many B&B's in Sheffield, have you been to a BB in the city?

Thanks
      Michael

6 Answers Apr 17, 2009 at 1:48 PM
    • Maxus's Profile Photo

Hillsborough

Sheffield Sep 29, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Hiya Folks,

I am organising a training event in Hillsborough Barracks and I’m looking for accommodation for several people.

It needs to be a reasonable standard, safe etc and handy for the barracks (easy walking distance if possible).

I know the Garrison and that’s ideal but I also need somewhere else.

Thanks

Mark

3 Answers Sep 29, 2008 at 1:35 PM
    • Maxus's Profile Photo

Where to stay

Doncaster Apr 5, 2008 at 10:02 AM

Once again my jet-set lifestyle takes me to the Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire. I’m off to Doncaster tomorrow (I’ll be working in Adwick le Street) and I need a hotel for three nights, any suggestions?

7 Answers Apr 6, 2008 at 5:32 AM
    • lou31's Profile Photo

Trains from London to Doncaster

Doncaster Mar 3, 2008 at 5:50 AM

Hi all, I am looking at travelling from London to Doncaster. Could someone tell me what trainline I need to be looking at eg. Chilton Railways etc.

Also what stations in London do they leave from?

Thanks in advance...

9 Answers Mar 5, 2008 at 7:06 PM
    • Sheffield Transportation

Sheffield Feb 22, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Thanks for your help in locating a hotel. I did have one other questions, as we are leaning towards staying at the Hilton on 2 Funival Street. Can we walk from the train station to there with a couple pieces of luggage.

Thanks
      Kim

6 Answers Mar 19, 2008 at 12:21 AM
    • Hotel In Sheffield

Sheffield Feb 21, 2008 at 11:03 AM

Hi

I spend a wonderful vacation in Sheffield last year and am coming back agin this year. I stayed at the Mecure last year but someone suggested the Hilton. Any input on which one would be more better traveling wise from the Rail station

Thanks Kim

1 Answer Feb 22, 2008 at 4:51 AM
    • Tavso9's Profile Photo

Nice Cafés in Sheffield and best area to live

Sheffield Feb 18, 2008 at 3:58 AM

Hey everyone,
      I moved to Sheffield last summer and I'm still desperately looking for nice Cafés preferably some with sofas and alike.

I'm currently living in Crookesmoor but thinking of moving to another area, but I'm not sure where (but one or two nice cafès around is very important ;-). I have to admit that I haven't seen very much of sheffield up to now but would like to change that. Any suggestions where to live are very welcome.

Hope to hear from you :)
      Tatjana

3 Answers Mar 5, 2008 at 2:35 PM
    • Location of hotel

Sheffield Oct 3, 2007 at 11:39 AM

Hi

I am spending my Christmas vacation in Sheffield and will be arriving by train. I will be staying at the Leopold Hotel on Leopold square and I wanted to know if it was in walking distance of the train station. I really enjoyed my two day stay last year and am looking forward to spending a little more time walking around the area. If any one has any suggestions of places that would be cool to visit , please let me know.

Thanks Kim

7 Answers Nov 10, 2007 at 2:58 PM
    • how much

Sheffield Oct 19, 2006 at 9:34 AM

how much would it cost for 7 bigginers at skiing

2 Answers Oct 19, 2006 at 11:06 AM
    • mentalblond's Profile Photo

Place to stay

Doncaster Jul 12, 2006 at 5:36 AM

My husband was sent to Doncaster yesterday to do some work at Westmoore Park. (DN3) He's going to be there for the rest of the week and is looking for somewhere really cheap to stay. Under £20 a night. He starts very early in the morning so doesn't need breakfast just a room. Can anybody help?

Thanks

• Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton tickets wanted

Sheffield Mar 28, 2006 at 5:02 AM

If anyone has either 2 adults 1 child or 3 adult tickets available to see the Wednesday vs Brighton game please get in contact to name your price
      Thanks

1 Answer Mar 28, 2006 at 9:40 AM
    • YorkshireRose's Profile Photo

need some info on travel in sheffield

Sheffield Mar 24, 2006 at 5:26 AM

Hiya , hope someone can help me out here... going to a concert in Sheffield 28th april... how easy is it to get taxis in and around sheffield. Also anyone know of a nice place to have something to eat and drink .... finally staying in the Ibis Hotel which i do knows five or so mins walk away from the train station but how far from the hotel to the meadow hall... thanks in advance CMC

4 Answers Apr 18, 2006 at 1:56 PM
    • grahamopey's Profile Photo

Doncaster things to do

Doncaster Aug 30, 2005 at 1:17 AM

Hi,

I am looking for some sort of evening activity in or around Doncaster, something like go-karting or some other fun activity that I can take a group of business associates to.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2 Answers Aug 3, 2006 at 6:07 AM
    • grahamopey's Profile Photo

Doncaster things to do

South Yorkshire Aug 30, 2005 at 1:12 AM

Hi,

I am looking for some sort of evening activity in or around Doncaster, something like go-karting or some other fun activity that I can take a group of business associates to.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• duck1981's Profile Photo

Planning to tavel to Sheffield

Sheffield Feb 24, 2005 at 7:07 PM

Hi,

I am from Singpore. Just a few question about Sheffield. I am going to take a plane from Singapore to Sheffield. I do a lot search about Sheffield and find out that there is no international flight to Sheffield City Airport (Correct me if I am wrong). What i plan is to take a plane to Manchester Airport then a coach to Sheffield.

Is there any good alternative way to Sheffield?

Any near International Airport from Sheffield rather than Manchester?

And maybe anyone can give mi a few website to booking of coaches and the operating time and the estimated price of the coaches.

Thank You.
      Alvin

9 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 1:41 AM
    • suparna's Profile Photo

Europe tour planning

Sheffield Jan 31, 2005 at 1:42 PM

Hi friends, My husband and I are planning to celebrate our 1st Anniversary by an Europe tour (duration 18th Mar - 29th Mar, 05). Presently we are residing at Sheffield. We intend to cover Holland, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and France. Our budget for the tour is £ 1000.00 inclusive of visa and all other charges & taxes. We need your help in deciding the following: 1) The best itinerary within this budget. 2) The modes of travel we can avail and their contact points for making such bookings. 4) The contact points in the respective cities that we can contact for hotels & city tours. 5) The most dependable Schengen Visa Agent in Sheffield whom we can approach. We thank you in advance for your time and hope to draw up a memorable tour plan. Best regards Suparna

2 Answers Feb 1, 2005 at 1:12 AM