Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular South Yorkshire Travel Answer Locations

• ImMotaz's Profile Photo

when does the city sleep?

Doncaster Apr 11, 2014 at 12:43 PM

When does cafes and restaurants close? Are streets safe after 10pm?

6 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 1:06 AM
    • traveling from manchester airport to sheffield

Sheffield Jan 23, 2014 at 5:07 AM

Hi I am flying into Manchester & need to get to sheffield as I am going to snooker world championships can anyone advise me best why to do this. Thanks

4 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 1:09 PM
    • Basketball

Sheffield Oct 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Hi, I'm looking for basketball team in Sheffield for girls. I practise basketball for 6 years. In October I moved out from Warsaw, and i really want to continue basketball training in England. Please help me :)

5 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    • Piggy73's Profile Photo

Meadowhall Park and Ride

Sheffield Apr 20, 2013 at 6:33 AM

I am hoping to use the park & ride and catch the tram to the Don Valley stadium - but it is not clear what the cost will be. I would really appreciate if someone can clarify this. The tram site says it is £3 return or I could get a day travel ticket for £4.00. Another site says the fare is £4.50 and I have to purchase the ticket from a machine in the car park? There was also something about a family travelcard for £6.50 - can 2 adults travel on this without children in the family?
      Also one person travelling with us has a UK concessionary travel pass - is this valid from the park and ride for free travel?
      Thanks in advance for any information.

8 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 1:10 AM
    • Neon Signs, HELP!

Sheffield May 2, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Hi I'm currently doing photoshoots with neon signs and am using the 'made in sheffield' cow vintage shop, leadmill, showroom cinema and uncle bens on eccy road. Is there any other interesting neon signs that might make a good photo? Also does anyone know the best place to view the neon 'i love you' sign on park hill bridge?

1 Answer Jun 20, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    • Widnes to Sheffield

Sheffield Jan 20, 2011 at 2:26 AM

My husband has an appointment at The Royal Hallamshire Hospspital for tests. He will only be there for the day on February 7th. He will be going by ambulance so therefore I can not go with him. I would like to be there for him and I am looking into the probability of getting there on my own. I don't drive, I am 76 years of age but in good health. Does anyone know of any transport from Widnes, Cheshire. It is near to Warrington and Liverpool.
      Thank you Joan Stanley

5 Answers Jan 21, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    • Sunday Nights in Sheffield

Sheffield May 6, 2010 at 3:49 AM

Hey, I'm going to a gig in Sheffield on a Sunday and staying in the city centre and am wondering if there's anywhere open Sunday nights 11pm onwards for a drink/dance. Any suggestions would be welcome thanks!

1 Answer May 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM
    • irish147's Profile Photo

Trams from ALARA Bed & Breakfast to City of Sheffield

Sheffield Apr 12, 2010 at 2:16 PM

What trains can you take from city to ALARA Bed & Breakfast in Hillsborough, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S6 2DH

Thanks

mike :)

2 Answers Nov 21, 2010 at 2:25 AM
    • Skinke's Profile Photo

One Day in Sheffield

Sheffield Jan 1, 2010 at 5:55 PM

We find ourselves with 1 extra day of travel during our trip to Yorkshire. Leaving Whitby toward London for return flight to USA gives us an opportunity to spend a brief time along a direct train route South. Our thinking was check out Whitby hotel early, short train somewhere in order to experience a different destination and next day long travel back to London ( we have already spent some tome there in the beginning of our trip ) Hotel in London will be close to Heathrow. We are interested in Sheffield because of its botanical gardens, the Wintergarden and Magna. Any comments from the VT gang would be appreciated in support of this plan as well as recommendations for hotel choices and things to do for an afternoon in Sheffield.
      Thanks
      Skinke

3 Answers Jan 2, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    • leecouk12324's Profile Photo

Fliming locations "Brassed Off"

Barnsley Dec 17, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Does anybody know exactly where in Barnsley where parts of the filming done for the flim "Brassed Off" and for which part(s) in the film.
      Thank You
      Lee H

8 Answers Dec 23, 2009 at 4:26 AM
    • Gichuck's Profile Photo

Getting from National Express arrival bus station to Moncrieffe Road, Netheredge

Sheffield Jul 16, 2009 at 7:22 AM

Can I ask for local advice please, on several related questions. We (2) are arriving in Sheffield on a National Express coach from Leeds on Saturday 18 July. We then need to get to Moncrieffe Road. I gather the bus is the 22. Where exactly does the coach arrive, and where should I catch the 22? Or, as we are two, should we take a taxi?

Further question. Do I need to book the National Express coach in advance from Leeds to Sheffield, or can we book when we get to the bus station? We are flying in to Leeds Bradford airport, so we cannot be sure of when we will get to Leeds bus station.

Thanks for your help and advice.
      GI Chuck, Dublin, Ireland

2 Answers Aug 16, 2009 at 12:43 PM
    • Travel Suggestions

South Yorkshire Apr 21, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I'll be in Doncaster at the beginning of August 2009 and would like some suggestions of places to visit in the area. I love castles, abbeys, pubs, gardens, music, ruins, etc. Recommendations on inexpensive places (B&Bs, hostels, etc.) to stay, as well as travel by train, are also very welcome. Thanks in advance.

6 Answers Apr 23, 2009 at 8:33 PM
    • irish147's Profile Photo

Any B&B's in Sheffield City

Sheffield Jan 21, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I looked online and cant find too many B&B's in Sheffield, have you been to a BB in the city?

Thanks
      Michael

6 Answers Apr 17, 2009 at 1:48 PM
    • Maxus's Profile Photo

Hillsborough

Sheffield Sep 29, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Hiya Folks,

I am organising a training event in Hillsborough Barracks and I’m looking for accommodation for several people.

It needs to be a reasonable standard, safe etc and handy for the barracks (easy walking distance if possible).

I know the Garrison and that’s ideal but I also need somewhere else.

Thanks

Mark

3 Answers Sep 29, 2008 at 1:35 PM
    • Maxus's Profile Photo

Where to stay

Doncaster Apr 5, 2008 at 10:02 AM

Once again my jet-set lifestyle takes me to the Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire. I’m off to Doncaster tomorrow (I’ll be working in Adwick le Street) and I need a hotel for three nights, any suggestions?

7 Answers Apr 6, 2008 at 5:32 AM
    • lou31's Profile Photo

Trains from London to Doncaster

Doncaster Mar 3, 2008 at 5:50 AM

Hi all, I am looking at travelling from London to Doncaster. Could someone tell me what trainline I need to be looking at eg. Chilton Railways etc.

Also what stations in London do they leave from?

Thanks in advance...

9 Answers Mar 5, 2008 at 7:06 PM
    • Sheffield Transportation

Sheffield Feb 22, 2008 at 10:28 AM

Thanks for your help in locating a hotel. I did have one other questions, as we are leaning towards staying at the Hilton on 2 Funival Street. Can we walk from the train station to there with a couple pieces of luggage.

Thanks
      Kim

6 Answers Mar 19, 2008 at 12:21 AM
    • Hotel In Sheffield

Sheffield Feb 21, 2008 at 11:03 AM

Hi

I spend a wonderful vacation in Sheffield last year and am coming back agin this year. I stayed at the Mecure last year but someone suggested the Hilton. Any input on which one would be more better traveling wise from the Rail station

Thanks Kim

1 Answer Feb 22, 2008 at 4:51 AM
    • Tavso9's Profile Photo

Nice Cafés in Sheffield and best area to live

Sheffield Feb 18, 2008 at 3:58 AM

Hey everyone,
      I moved to Sheffield last summer and I'm still desperately looking for nice Cafés preferably some with sofas and alike.

I'm currently living in Crookesmoor but thinking of moving to another area, but I'm not sure where (but one or two nice cafès around is very important ;-). I have to admit that I haven't seen very much of sheffield up to now but would like to change that. Any suggestions where to live are very welcome.

Hope to hear from you :)
      Tatjana

3 Answers Mar 5, 2008 at 2:35 PM
    • Location of hotel

Sheffield Oct 3, 2007 at 11:39 AM

Hi

I am spending my Christmas vacation in Sheffield and will be arriving by train. I will be staying at the Leopold Hotel on Leopold square and I wanted to know if it was in walking distance of the train station. I really enjoyed my two day stay last year and am looking forward to spending a little more time walking around the area. If any one has any suggestions of places that would be cool to visit , please let me know.

Thanks Kim

7 Answers Nov 10, 2007 at 2:58 PM
    • how much

Sheffield Oct 19, 2006 at 9:34 AM

how much would it cost for 7 bigginers at skiing

2 Answers Oct 19, 2006 at 11:06 AM
    • mentalblond's Profile Photo

Place to stay

Doncaster Jul 12, 2006 at 5:36 AM

My husband was sent to Doncaster yesterday to do some work at Westmoore Park. (DN3) He's going to be there for the rest of the week and is looking for somewhere really cheap to stay. Under £20 a night. He starts very early in the morning so doesn't need breakfast just a room. Can anybody help?

Thanks

• Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton tickets wanted

Sheffield Mar 28, 2006 at 5:02 AM

If anyone has either 2 adults 1 child or 3 adult tickets available to see the Wednesday vs Brighton game please get in contact to name your price
      Thanks

1 Answer Mar 28, 2006 at 9:40 AM
    • YorkshireRose's Profile Photo

need some info on travel in sheffield

Sheffield Mar 24, 2006 at 5:26 AM

Hiya , hope someone can help me out here... going to a concert in Sheffield 28th april... how easy is it to get taxis in and around sheffield. Also anyone know of a nice place to have something to eat and drink .... finally staying in the Ibis Hotel which i do knows five or so mins walk away from the train station but how far from the hotel to the meadow hall... thanks in advance CMC

4 Answers Apr 18, 2006 at 1:56 PM
    • grahamopey's Profile Photo

Doncaster things to do

Doncaster Aug 30, 2005 at 1:17 AM

Hi,

I am looking for some sort of evening activity in or around Doncaster, something like go-karting or some other fun activity that I can take a group of business associates to.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2 Answers Aug 3, 2006 at 6:07 AM
    • grahamopey's Profile Photo

Doncaster things to do

South Yorkshire Aug 30, 2005 at 1:12 AM

Hi,

I am looking for some sort of evening activity in or around Doncaster, something like go-karting or some other fun activity that I can take a group of business associates to.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• duck1981's Profile Photo

Planning to tavel to Sheffield

Sheffield Feb 24, 2005 at 7:07 PM

Hi,

I am from Singpore. Just a few question about Sheffield. I am going to take a plane from Singapore to Sheffield. I do a lot search about Sheffield and find out that there is no international flight to Sheffield City Airport (Correct me if I am wrong). What i plan is to take a plane to Manchester Airport then a coach to Sheffield.

Is there any good alternative way to Sheffield?

Any near International Airport from Sheffield rather than Manchester?

And maybe anyone can give mi a few website to booking of coaches and the operating time and the estimated price of the coaches.

Thank You.
      Alvin

9 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 1:41 AM
    • suparna's Profile Photo

Europe tour planning

Sheffield Jan 31, 2005 at 1:42 PM

Hi friends, My husband and I are planning to celebrate our 1st Anniversary by an Europe tour (duration 18th Mar - 29th Mar, 05). Presently we are residing at Sheffield. We intend to cover Holland, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and France. Our budget for the tour is £ 1000.00 inclusive of visa and all other charges & taxes. We need your help in deciding the following: 1) The best itinerary within this budget. 2) The modes of travel we can avail and their contact points for making such bookings. 4) The contact points in the respective cities that we can contact for hotels & city tours. 5) The most dependable Schengen Visa Agent in Sheffield whom we can approach. We thank you in advance for your time and hope to draw up a memorable tour plan. Best regards Suparna

2 Answers Feb 1, 2005 at 1:12 AM
    • vinsin's Profile Photo

Sheffield wednesday

Sheffield Dec 13, 2004 at 5:04 AM

i no this is not a travel related question but if any one knows any shops over there that sell Sheffield Wednesday kits for kids coudl you plesae let me no. Pretty hard to get here as you may guess.Thanks for any help you can give (",)

2 Answers Dec 13, 2004 at 12:43 PM
    • Comedy clubs

Sheffield Jun 23, 2003 at 10:13 AM

Where is the best place to go out for a comedy night as Sheffield only seems to have 1 which is in a pub on Thursday's only?

1 Answer Jun 23, 2003 at 2:19 PM