Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular South Sulawesi Province Travel Answer Locations

• awanbali's Profile Photo

cheap guest house

Makassar Apr 19, 2014 at 9:40 PM

cheap and nice guest house near losari beach and central city, info pls, thanks

1 Answer Apr 21, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    • awanbali's Profile Photo

night club

Makassar Apr 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM

nice and busy club in makasar, where is that

1 Answer Apr 21, 2014 at 9:47 AM
    • Cruise ship - day tours

Ujungpandang Jan 16, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Can you suggest a good tour guide

2 Answers Jan 17, 2014 at 3:41 AM
    • 2 days in Toraja with a guide,starting in Rantepao

Rantepao Dec 15, 2013 at 12:56 PM

HI all,

I am very interested in hiring a guide for a 2 day tour of the Toraja land, starting in Rantepao....any agencies or names you can share? i cannot find anything on internet that does not start from Makassar and costs a fortune...

thanks a lot!
      Rosana

1 Answer Dec 16, 2013 at 12:45 AM
    • Cheap room near losari beach

Makassar Jun 21, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Hi at all
      Does anyone know a guest house or a very cheap hotel but clean near Losari Beach?
      Thanks to everyone for any advice

5 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 4:16 AM
    • Makassar Travel agency in Airport

Makassar Mar 16, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Hi All
      Does any one know if are there agency in the airport( Litha or Bintang prima ecc.)where i can book night bus ticket from Makassar to Rantepao without going in the down city.
      I would like to book ticket at the same day of my arrival in Makassar.
      Are there Rantepao bus station near the airport?
      Thanks

5 Answers May 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM
    • arissyam's Profile Photo

The best area to stay?..

Makassar Mar 7, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Hi,

i'll be travelling alone from KL to Makassar.. will be arriving around 23rd March 2013..

i) Which area is the best for me to stay in Makassar? Losari? Pasar Ikan? Town Centre?
      ii) How many days should i allocate for travelling Makassar -Tana Toraja - Makassar?
      iii) Where is the best place to shop for local crafts and souveneirs?

Tq
      Syam Aris
      Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

2 Answers Mar 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM
    • Travel to Toraja

Makassar Nov 13, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Hi .. Iam plan to go Toraja. I Only know English language , How can i go from Makassar ( Prefer to by public transport ) Can I find place for accommodation ( Not Luxuary one ) how can go to the interesting places from there ?
      Thanks for your tips ( Mathi143@gmail.com)
      Michael

4 Answers Nov 14, 2012 at 2:37 AM
    • Travel to Toraja

Makassar Nov 13, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Hi .. Iam plan to go Toraja. I Only know English language , How can i go from Makassar ( Prefer to by public transport ) Can I find place for accommodation ( Not Luxuary one ) how can go to the interesting places from there ?
      Thanks for your tips ( Mathi143@gmail.com)
      Michael

• nathanronen's Profile Photo

Sulawesi and Papua Itinerary...Any Good?

South Sulawesi Province Aug 31, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Hello VTers

My wife and I are considering making a two week trip to Sulawesi and Papua.
      Could you let me know your thoughts on the itinerary below...don't hold back...you always have great insight and ideas... Thanks.

Day 01

Arrival at Hasanuddin Airport Makassar. Set out for a drive to Tanjung Bira. On the way visit Bissappu waterfall in Bantaeng. At Tana Beru see Traditional Perahu construction.

Day 02
      Island trip (Liukang Island or Ara Island) depends to the weather, using local boat. Then back to Bira.

Day 03
      Transfer to Sengkang. Visit the museum of Andi Mapasissi then go to catch the sunset over the Lake Tempe. Cross the lake by motorized canoe and visit the fisherman families who do live on the floating villages.

Day 04
      Visit silk factory, then transfer to Tana Toraja via Palopo. In the afternoon arrival in Rantepao.

Day 05
      Exploring Toraja. Visit Lemo to see rows of Tau Tau statues and the hanging graves. Onwards to Suaya to discover the secret of the Baby Tree. Also visiting today Londa, to see an ancient grave where the deceased are entombed. At Kete Kesu one of the oldest Torajan villages see Tongkonan, and old rice barns.

Day 06
      Trip to Batutumonga enjoying views over Rantepao and surrounding valleys. Walk along the rice fields and the daily Torajan live. Also visiting Pallawa, Sa’dan.

Day 07
      Transfer back to Makassar. A coffee-stop at Puncak Lakawan to enjoy the view. Lunch at a seafood restaurant in Pare-Pare. Go to hotel.

Day 08
      City Tour of Makassar, visiting the Old Dutch Fortress Rotterdam and Paotere Anchorage the Buginese boat harbor. Onwards transfer directly to Hasanuddin Airport Makassar to catch flight.

DAY 09 : JAYAPURA ARRIVAL CONNECT TO WAMENA
      Arrival at Jayapura airport, then to Wamena. After arrival explore the area and Napua Hills with its panoramic view of the valley, Wesaput village and its traditional hanging bridge, some Dani villages and a traditional market.

DAY 10 : WAMENA - SOGOKMO - KURIMA - WAMENA
      Drive in 35 minutes to Sogokmo village and start to have a day trek for about 4-5 hours through Dani sweet potatoes gardens until we get to Kurima the sub-district. Then heading back to Sogokmo where the cars pick us up to Wamena.

DAY 11 : WAMENA - KIMBIM/PYRAMID - WAMENA
      Drive to Western part of Baliem Valley to exploring the way of life of Lani people. Before we do a short trekking to Lani villages, see local market first at Kimbim. Then proceed to Pyramid. Then drive back.

DAY 12 : WAMENA - JIWIKA (Pig Feast and Dance) - WAMENA
      Drive 30 minutes to Jiwika in the Northern part of Baliem valley to see the 250 years old Mummy. Then walk 10 minutes to village of Anemoigi to view the Dani Mock battle and Pig feast. Then visit the Mili Mountain to see how the Dani women make a salt in the traditional way.

DAY 13 : WAMENA - JAYAPURA
      Flight back to Jayapura. Sightseeing tour including Mac Arthur 2nd World War monument, Sentani lake by long boat to visit Assey and Ayapo villages how the Sentani tribe make the bark painting. Visit he Anthropology museum then Hamadi market & Jayapura city.

DAY 14 : JAYAPURA - Home

Any opinions? Is it ok? We are missing the Koroway tree people cause my wife is not a mosquito bug person and the trip is a bit too adventurous. Is this itinerary advisable...any good???

• sheherezad's Profile Photo

Weather mid June

Makassar Mar 3, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Hi. Can anyone advise me what the weather will be like mid June? Thank you.

8 Answers Apr 11, 2012 at 2:02 AM
    • Looking for Gold Toraja Pendant

Makassar Oct 14, 2011 at 7:03 AM

Does anyone know where i can purchase this?

I recently lost a small gold chain with a gold Toraja house pendant.

Thank you

3 Answers Oct 18, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    • Rantepao - Hire a car or easy to do by public transport?

Rantepao Jul 11, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to get to Lemo, K'su Ketu etc by bemo? or is it preferable to have a car. Any idea on what a car for 3 days with driver would cost?

And is Pia's poppies comparable to Wisma Maria 1?

Bellenomade

3 Answers Jul 11, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    • Bus from Makassar tot Manado

Makassar Jul 6, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Is there a possibility to book the bus ticket for this long journey online? I haven't found any website to do so? We are planning on travelling with the Bintang Primus bus from Makassar to Torajaland/Rantepao, stay there for four nights, and than take another bus to Manado in the north. Is this at all possible?

6 Answers Nov 15, 2011 at 2:00 AM
    • NIGHT BUS FOR RANTEPAO

Rantepao Jun 19, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Hello, please somebody tells me if there are any night bus from Makassar to Rantepao? I need to have a bus schedule time to see when is the last bus in the night

thanks a lot
      Lorenzo

2 Answers Jun 20, 2012 at 7:35 AM
    • danchatman's Profile Photo

Getting to South Sulawesi from Bali or Java

South Sulawesi Province May 13, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Hello all,
      I will be visiting Bali and Java over the next month and I'm hoping to get over to Sulawesi for about a week. Does anyone know of the best ways to get there? I'm willing to take a boat or a plane
      Is it best to depart from Bali or Java?

Thanks so much in advance,

--Dan

6 Answers May 15, 2010 at 8:33 PM
    • cs5243's Profile Photo

Hotel(s) near to Hasanuddin International Airport

Makassar Jan 11, 2010 at 6:26 AM

Hi, I am flying to Makassar next month and would like to stay in a clean and comfortable hotel near to Hasanuddin International Airport (about 5 to 10 minutes or less from the airport) so that I can catch a flight early next morning to Sorong. Can anyone recommend me? Kindly provide the phone number of the hotel(s) also. Really appreciate your help here. Thank you so much.

1 Answer Jan 29, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    • Heryanto's Profile Photo

Bus from Hasanuddin airport to Makassar city

Makassar Jun 16, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Hi all,

I want to know, is there any public bus from Hasanuddin International Airport to Makassar city ? If any, what time is the last trip ? Thank for your information.

2 Answers Apr 29, 2012 at 8:25 PM
    • Morning bus from Rantepao to Makassar

Rantepao Dec 29, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Is there any morning or day bus from Rantepao to Makassar. I need to be in the airport before 7.00 pm to catch my flight back to KL.

1 Answer Dec 31, 2008 at 12:35 PM
    • Bus to Ratapeo

Rantepao Jul 14, 2008 at 1:46 AM

Is it possible to make a busreservation? Can`t find any mailaddress. Thank you

4 Answers Jun 20, 2012 at 7:02 AM
    • looking long term accomnodation in Makassar

Makassar May 13, 2008 at 10:54 PM

im looking for long term, chip accomodation in makassar, starting around october 15th. small house or guest house can b ok....

4 Answers Jul 11, 2008 at 2:33 PM
    • biusing's Profile Photo

Place to stay in Makassar

Makassar Aug 7, 2007 at 8:00 PM

I'll be in Makassar 18-21 August 2007. I'm looking for a mid-range hotel less than USD40@night. The ideal location should be near to restaurants and shopping plazas. Any tips? Thanks in advance

2 Answers Aug 16, 2007 at 9:30 PM
    • cgf's Profile Photo

Left luggage at Makassar airport

Makassar Jun 30, 2007 at 2:32 AM

could it be possible to leave there a luggage for a week?

6 Answers Jul 5, 2007 at 2:02 AM
    • cgf's Profile Photo

looking to get in touch with Celebes Tourist Service and Tour

Rantepao Jun 11, 2007 at 2:30 AM

Anybody heard about them and Mr.Benny?
      It's hard to get in touch, only by phone which is expensive and it's not very clear comunication..... I hope they have an email...

2 Answers Sep 6, 2007 at 11:03 PM
    • nick.rienstra's Profile Photo

Can I fly to Rantepau

Rantepao Feb 19, 2007 at 9:11 PM

I will be visiting Indonesia in March ... Can I fly to Rantepau if so from where?

1 Answer Feb 20, 2007 at 1:25 AM
    • Miaw's Profile Photo

Dive operator in Padang?

Padang Feb 9, 2006 at 6:26 PM

Hi,
      Does anyone know of any Dive Operator in Padang? We would like to dive there but don't know who to contact.
      Thx!

1 Answer Feb 16, 2006 at 8:15 PM
    • steevie_wanders's Profile Photo

Travel to Pulau Siau / Gunung Karangetang

South Sulawesi Province Sep 9, 2005 at 1:03 PM

I would like to visit Gunung Karangetang on Pulau Siau. Has anyone been here? I would like to know the best way to get there from Manado/Bitung and how long it takes. Is it possible to trek up / part way up this volcano? Thank you.

1 Answer Sep 13, 2005 at 12:08 PM

What is the current situation in Poso and the surrounding area?

South Sulawesi Province Aug 27, 2005 at 1:54 PM

I am planning to travel from Ujung Padang up to Manado in October. Does anyone know what is the current situation in and around Poso? Is it safe to travel through this area? Are there any other trouble spots in Sulawesi which should be avoided?

1 Answer Aug 30, 2005 at 9:50 AM

How can I get from Bangkok to Sulawesi?

South Sulawesi Province Aug 16, 2005 at 6:42 AM

Travelling from Bangkok to Sulawesi at the end of September. I have to be in Manado, Sulawesi by the middle of october, so will have about 10 days to do this journey. What might be the best way to do it, taking in a few sights along the way? Has anyone travelled on local sea craft (fishing boats etc) is this feasible? Thanks for your help.

3 Answers Aug 19, 2005 at 8:45 AM
    • more info about going to toraja

South Sulawesi Province Aug 3, 2005 at 1:18 PM

Im going to be in indonesia next mont and im looking for as much info about backpacking as possible. im not plannng on taking a tour since it will cost a lot and also less freedom.
      id like to go backpacking and meet the locals with no time schedule.
      any info about the area wold be appreciated.

here are q few questions as a start;
      1. how to get to the village without taking a tour? is there public transportation to take people?
      2. is it possible to spend a night at locals houses and maybe try to do some chores or anything as an exchange?

thank you

5 Answers Aug 28, 2005 at 9:48 PM