South Padre Island Travel Answers

change location

SPI in October

by rebekahkf Online Now Aug 25, 2008 at 8:56 AM

we are planning on staying in SPI for a few days in early October - is the weather still nice enough for us to chill out in the beach & go swimming in the ocean? Also - any recommendations on local, non-chain hotels, b&bs, hostels, etc?
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • ridermirv's Profile Photo

Re: SPI in October

by ridermirv Online Now Sep 7, 2008 at 9:54 AM

Hi,

The weather will still be nice in October. You didn't mention the exact dates you'll be there, but be aware, the SPI Bikefest motorcycle rally is going on from the 9th to the 12th of October, and the island will be crowded and the rates will be higher.

A great little place to stay is South Beach Inn. It's privately owned, clean, quiet, and affordable. It's not right on the beach, but only a short walk away.

Here's their website: http://www.southbeachtexas.com/

Marc

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: SPI in October

by onecoolguy Online Now Oct 15, 2008 at 8:13 AM

I am going down to SPI in October to for the South Padre International Music Festival (Oct 31). I discovered that due to the hurricane a lot hotels are claiming that they are "booked" but in reality they are remodeling. I recommend staying at "La Copa" (956)761-6000. They have a really nice staff. Also check out the "Suites at Sunchase" (866) 926-7711. Both of these places are on the island are have a good amount to choose from. Hope that helps! See you at the festival. I love South Padre!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near South Padre Island