South Padre Island Travel Answers

change location

Info needed for traveing to SP in October

by esmeda Online Now Oct 8, 2005 at 6:35 PM

My family has never been to South Padre before. We're leaving next week and staying for a week. Could someone who was just there (or lives there) tell us if we will be facing jellyfish and/or mosquitos while we're there? What about tourism and traffic? We picked October hoping it would sort of a quiet, relaxing time to go. Will the water be warm enough to swim in? One more thing, we have two children (3 and 5). What is the walk into the water like? Rocks? Seaweed? Gradual dropping off? THANKS!
Elisabeth

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • monicarc's Profile Photo

RE: Info needed for traveing to SP in October

by monicarc Online Now Oct 8, 2005 at 7:22 PM

There won't be any jellyfish or mosquitos, the mosquitos just got blown away by a cold front! I cannot remember ever seeing jellyfish in south padre and I have been going there my whole life. While South Padre is very touristy, I don't think there will be heavy traffic. The water should be warm enough to swim in. When I go to the beach, I don't go too far in, so I am not sure about the drop off situation, but there isn't a bunch of rocks or seaweed, the water is pretty nice--not like in hawaii where your feet get cut by coral!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near South Padre Island