South Padre Island Travel Answers

change location

Schlitterbahn Beach Questions

by lroger01 Online Now Jun 4, 2005 at 5:33 PM

My family is headed to SPI in two weeks. I've seen pictures of Schlitterbahn Beach (SB) but can't figure out how the park works. Can someone please answer the following questions?

1. Is the endless river large enough to handle the crowds on a busy day? Is the river just a sea of tubes?

2. How do you get from the end of the river where it empties into the wave pool to the tube conveyor belt? Do you have to swim through the waves towing the tube, or will you eventually float over there?

3. Do the in-water waiting lines for the slides back up to the point where no one else can get in line? How difficult is it to direct your tube from the main river to the waiting line river? If the waiting line is all the way out to the main river, how long can I expect to wait in line before getting to the slide?

4. Do you have any recommendations on where we should grab a shaded table? I'd like a spot with all day shade and easy access to the river. A scenic area would be a plus.

I love water parks and the thought of going to one and not having to climb stairs all day sounds like heaven!

Thanks in advance for your help.

lroger01

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: Schlitterbahn Beach Questions

by jessi21bugs Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 5:39 PM

hi this is jessi i lived on the island for 2 years and worked there last summer.the waterpark is wonderful! you will have a blast. the river goes all around the park.you never have to get out of the water to get on a ride.it is big enough to handle alot of people.it has rapids that are amazing!you just float to the conveyor belt are u can walk if u like.the lines to get on the ride do get kind of long but its not bad.there is a life gaurd at every ride that will push u onto the ride. it is not hard at all to get to the line out of the river.the river is not fast until the rapids.i recoment that u get a tiki in the back it is best that u rent one ahead of time are u might not find one.the shrimp house is a great place to eat they have wonderful food.are there is food under the main palapa.u might would like north beach the best if u want easy access to the river and a shade!i hope u and your family have a wonderful time and let me know how it goes.if u have anything else i can help u with just halla at me.bye jessi bennett from new augusta ms.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near South Padre Island