South Lake Tahoe

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Carmel by the sea dos and don'ts?

Carmel-by-the-Sea 38 minutes ago

We will be in Carmel next week , is it true that ladies should not wear high heels?
      Anything else we need to bear in mind apart from ......if you see Clint ,do not even look at him just mind one's own business!

more
    • Travel between devore heights and santa monica

Devore Heights Apr 12, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Is there a commuter train between devore heights and santa monica?

more
    • GustavoH's Profile Photo

July 14, someone?

Santa Monica Apr 3, 2014 at 5:59 AM

then i´ll staying in santa monica in July, someone will be there??

more
    • Brazil and the WORLD CUP

California Mar 28, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Anyone from the bay area planning to go to the world cup in Brazil this year? or is planning to be in Brazil in June?
      I'm looking for a group of people to go with!

more
    • Itinerary - Muir Woods

Muir Woods National Monument Mar 25, 2014 at 6:32 AM

I have looked at the NPS and various other guides but none of them seem to have conclusive information as to where the giant Redwoods are located - from what I understand they are located in and around Fern Woods/Mill Valley. Any suggestions please

Many thanks

more
    • Where to park/leave my bicycle?

San Francisco Mar 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I'm renting a bike in SF and if I were to go inside a store or restaurant where would I leave it?
      I'm planning to eat lunch in chinatown so what do I do with my bike?

Thanks

more
    • I need to kayak

Lake Elsinore Mar 19, 2014 at 1:00 AM

Will I be able to kayak on the lake? Also, is there a fee?

more
    • Car needed in Anaheim?

Anaheim Mar 24, 2014 at 8:56 AM

We are heading to the NCAA tourney in Anaheim this week, staying at the Doubletree in Anaheim /Orange Co. Is a car a necessity? I see there is a super shuttle from the airport. Would we be stranded without a car, or would that just be a hassle? Just wondering if we are in walking distance to restaurants, etc.

more
    • Photography

Channel Islands Apr 11, 2014 at 11:55 AM

This will be our first visit to the islands. What is the best full day cruise for seeing as many of the islands as possible with photography in mind?

more
    • Hotel advice

San Francisco Apr 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Hello, could you tell me is the Best Western Americana( on 7 th street) in San Francisco an alright hotel for convenience ( easy to get around) price, safety and so on?

more
    • Tours of Los Angeles

Los Angeles Apr 9, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Hi can anyone please recommend a good tour of LA that cover the usual touristy things please?

more
    • LA to San Fran via Death Valley.

Death Valley National Park Mar 30, 2014 at 2:11 AM

My friend and I are planning to drive from LA to San Fran via DV over 2 days.
      Is it possible to see some of the landmarks in this time frame? Which ones do you suggest?
      And where would you recommend staying for the night as a halfway mark?
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • Yosemite and Sequoia in April 3rd week

Yosemite National Park Apr 11, 2014 at 4:50 PM

We are a few friends meeting up in Fresno for our trip to Yosemite and Sequoia. We reach Fresno on the night of 16th April, and we have until the afternoon of 20th April to get back to Fresno. I understand that many roads would be closed during this time of the year. Please help us plan our itinerary, how much time to spend where etc.. We are interested in easy-moderate hikes.

more
    • millyprett23's Profile Photo

Hostels to stay in near Union Station LA

Los Angeles Apr 5, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Hello all!

I am flying into LAX next Sunday at 9pm and I am looking for a place to stay until I get my AMTRAX train from Union Station up to San Francisco on Tuesday morning.

I am planning to go straight from the airport to a hostel / hotel near Union station where I can sleep and recover from Jet lag. I want to stay by Union Station the following Monday day and night so I can be near by to collect my train on the tuesday morning.

Does anybody recommend the best / cheapest way to get from LAX to Union Station on a Sunday night?

Does anybody have any recommendations for places to stay near Union Station?

I am thinking a cheap and friendly youth hostel?

Also, what type of area is Union Station in?
      Are there any interesting places in walking distance?
      Coffee shops or parks where I can just chill for the afternoon?

I really look forward to hearing from you!
      Many thanks,

Milly, London

more
    • Information on transportation from airport to fishermans wharf

San Francisco Apr 14, 2014 at 7:56 PM

So we are flying into San Francisco and driving down to Big Sur for a wedding. After the wedding our plan is to go back to San Francisco drop off our rental car and stay and tour for abit. My question is what would be our best bet for getting for the airport to our hotel down on fishermans wharf? There will be six of us.

more
    • trolleyhow to use it and how to get advance tickets

San Diego Mar 30, 2014 at 12:50 AM

can i take the trolly from the stadiume to the convention center and how late does it run,since i work till 12.30am

more
    • Water falls

Yosemite National Park Mar 23, 2014 at 12:45 AM

what will the water falls be like in late August we will be on a one day visit from san francisco is a bus best or hire car 7 drive our selves

more
    • Historic National Parks/Factory Outlet

California Mar 19, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Reading the guide books there are so many historic parks - probably all with a slightly different twist, so please which are the ones to see and which are the ones to avoid.

Our plan, Tioga Pass being open in mid June is as follows:

Depart Cedar Lodge Yosemite - drive via Lee Vining and visit Bodie State Historic Park - is this worth visitng?
      Continue to West Walker Motel Coleville -over night stop

Stop at Chester Lake 1 night

Stop at Lake Tahoe 2 nights and then on to outskirts of Sacramento 2 nights - the following parks seem within possible striking distance of these destinations:

more
    • where to stay?

Los Angeles 8 hours ago

hi am looking forward to going to los angeles this summer for about 7 nights and cant find where to stay. one plan i was thinking was stay in downtown LA (or somewhere around there idk ive never been) maybe hollywood or west hollywood for a couple nights but also want some good views cus i love to take pictures,and then stay in santa monica for a couple nights? probably not tho since that might be a little to expensive..plan on renting a car too because everything is far apart(so ive read)im a big tourist lol but i want to do all the stuff in hollywood,griffith park,go to staples center,santa monica the beach,the pier venice beach/boardwalk maybe see a movie at the beach,laguna beach bunch of stuff lol universal studios and anything else u guys might recommend? anybody know any hotels that offers the most value or bang for your buck.thanks

more
    • tour buses

San Francisco Apr 8, 2014 at 7:12 AM

is any one tour bus company better than another ? specifically thinking about Muir Woods/Sausalito for one trip and Yosemite for another.

more
    • Yosemite National Park and Sonoma and Napa Valley

Yosemite National Park Apr 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM

We are going to SFO the first week of May. What are the major points to visit in Yosemite Park? Can you see enough in a day? Next, we want to travel to Sonoma and Napa Valley? Do you recommend both, or one over the other. We have 4 days to do these things and then we will be in SFO for a week for a conference. Can you recommend places to stat in Yosemite and Sonoma/Napa Valley?

more
    • transportation to coronado island

Coronado Mar 24, 2014 at 8:54 AM

We need ground transportation from the San Diego train station to Marietta Bay Inn on Coronado Island for 6 people what is available?

more
    • General travellng

California Mar 20, 2014 at 7:21 PM

I'm planning on travelling along the west coast for a month in May. I was wondering does anyone have any tips on the best methods of transport to use without access to a car. Many thanks in advance.

more
    • RV TRIP 1 Month

California Apr 6, 2014 at 6:05 AM

Hi all, I wonder if you can help ! Myself and my Family with 3 kids 13, 12 and 11 are coming to Califonia in August we have rented a RV and plan on doing a bit of sight seeing. this is our current planned trip, can I have your advice on if you think anything should change ??

5 Night in LA
      Newport Beach area for 1 night 2 days.
      San Diego 2 nights
      Stay on route to Grand Canyon
      Over night stay Grand Canyon
      Leave GC for Las Vegas stopping off at Hoover Dam
      3 whole days and night in Las Vegas
      Death Valley Area 51 etc over night stay
      Leave DV for Yosemite 1 and half days there
      Move to Monterey bat stopping off at Sequoia National Park
      1 day and 3 nights in San Fran

Also do you think we should book RV parks in advance your advice would be fantastic thanks Mike

more
    • GustavoH's Profile Photo

City near LA

Santa Monica Mar 20, 2014 at 7:25 AM

whitch city near LA it is good to visit?

more
    • Things to do

by mckj17 Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Me and my boyfriend (21 and 23) are planning a trip at the end of this month in south Lake Tahoe. What hotels are the best for our age group, and is centrally located. Also what are some fun things to do within walking distance? Besides skiing or snowboarding! Just need a list of some things to do in south Lake Tahoe on a weekend!

1 Answer Mar 2, 2014 at 8:55 PM
    • KatDecat22's Profile Photo

North vs South Tahoe for couple in 20's

by KatDecat22 Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 6:12 AM

Hi...my boyfriend and I are planning a trip to California at the end of August...We are flying into Reno and spending a few days in Tahoe. I was wondering what area you would suggest for a 25&23 year old? A nice day for us would be relaxing by water, maybe jet-skiing or parasailing or something, a cheap/quick lunch, a cute dinner and maybe some drinks afterwards. I prefer to walk everywhere, if possible, but I do want the best views and scenery. Any thoughts/suggestions would be a huge help!

Also, what is the weather like end of August? And is the water swimmable?

7 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 11:50 AM
    • Where to stay in South Lake Tahoe

by bgcircharo Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 9:58 AM

My husband and I are coming late February for our honeymoon. Where is the best place to stay in South Tahoe? We will not be skiing.

Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 6:34 PM
    • where to stay in May?

by sinagal Online Now Nov 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Planning a trip in late May. Where is the best place to stay -- luxury level - and still be in the thick of the action?

2 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 6:33 AM
    • Transportation

by flosa Online Now Oct 29, 2013 at 4:48 PM

What public transportation is available daily to and from Pollock Pines, CA - Sierra at Tahoe and South Lake Tahoe ski resorts? And the best deal $ for a whole month (only Monday through Friday round trip for one person).

4 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 5:24 AM
    • Group ski travel planning, help!

by linda83tina Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 10:41 AM

My brain is spinning with so much Lake Tahoe info! If anyone can narrow the choices down for me (North vs South, which mountains) that would be great!

Looking to go in late February. We are a group of 8-12 people, some snowboarders, some skiers. 4-6 are beginner and 3-4 intermediate, 1-2 expert. All in early thirties. We would like some kind of group lodging, preferably ski in ski out. Would like to be in an area with lots of things to do so that if anyone chooses not to ski, can do other things (ie ice skate, sledding). Nightlife also a plus.

Basically, trying to find something that fits everyone!

Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 23, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    • Snow amounts in South Lake Tahoe

by earindil5 Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM

How much real snow, not manmade, will there typically be by the middle of December?

1 Answer Aug 25, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    • Where to stay for large group in September

by Cabb Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM

We are a family of 9 adults and 2 one year olds. Totally lost as to where the best are to rent a house in, so that we can all get around to do things. Please help. Should we be near lake or a shopping are. We think we woul like to be in an Rea where you can walk around town . What would this area be called. We would like to be able to go to the beach some but don,t think we would be doing water sports everyday. Any help would be appreciated this is a special family vacation

3 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 1:58 PM
    • temperature

by fabiom21 Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM

i am planning a trip to north lake tahoe in july and was wondering if the water would be too cold for wakeboarding or swimming?

2 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    • No drivers

by oldbean48 Online Now May 22, 2013 at 3:06 PM

How do non drivers get around Lake Tahoe to see the christmas Village and Incline Village and the chrismas shop we were told is open all year round.
      We are coming for my son's wedding on the 18th June but want to go out the day after as we are only there for a couple of days before going to San Francisco

6 Answers May 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM
    • Visiting giant Redwoods

by Bensskins Online Now May 19, 2013 at 12:59 AM

My 11 year old son and I will be staying in South Lake Tahoe for a week at the end of July. We would like to see the giant Redwoods and giant Sequoias, where are the nearest locations found. We will have a rental car for the week.

2 Answers May 19, 2013 at 6:32 AM
    • Shooting for fun

by EZ8 Online Now May 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM

We are 3 women who come to Tahoe every year for Memorial Day. We wanted to try something new and decided it might be fun to go skeet shooting or do indoor target practice. We would like a little instruction but don't want an all day class...this is just for fun, not serious. Any ideas where to go or who to contact?

8 Answers May 19, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    • South lake tahoe or north lake tahoe

by jasuvij Online Now Apr 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Me and my hubby and our 2 boys (8yr and 2 yr old) are planning for vacation in july around july 10 .We want to spend a week or so.
      We want to be able to biking hiking and of course be on the beach.We would also love to rent a boat for a day.
      What would you suggest south or north.Can you also please suggest place to stay.We would love to have the kitchen to keep the expenses down.
      Please suggest to make this vacation memorable as this is only one we will be able to take for long time.
      thanks a bunch

5 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    • Relocating to South Lake Tahoe

by colorado44 Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 1:54 PM

My husband and three children are planning on relocating to South Lake Tahoe. Can anyone tell me if it is a great place to raise children? Is there enough to do, what about shopping? Is driving to Carson City the only option and is it doable in the winter? Any advise would help. Thanks

6 Answers Jan 25, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    • A Body Renew Massage Spa

by alexacm Online Now Nov 30, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Hello, I am planning an anniversary trip for my husband and I to SLT and am looking for a couples massage. I found the spa I would like to schedule at, A Body Renew Massage Spa and I have found ONE massage therapist that I have read great reviews about, Marla. I can't seem to find any reviews about any other therapists there that can provide the same quality of service as Marla (I'm sure they're all great, but we're splurging on this and I really want to get someone that is recommended from personal experience) - can anyone from the area recommend a second therapist for me please? Thank You!

1 Answer Dec 1, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    • What to do and wear at Tahoe in July/August

by rlnyland1 Online Now Jul 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM

We are going to South Lake Tahoe July 30th > Aug 2nd. What clothes should we bring. We are in our 70's but get around on our own. How about the boat ride and candola ride? Anything else we should do?

5 Answers Jul 22, 2012 at 10:17 AM
    • looking for private Ski instructor for family of 4 on Jan 17 and 18 2012

by wallywong Online Now Jan 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Hi, we are going to South Lake Tahoe and looking for instructor for ski lesson for myself, my wife and my 2 kids, year of 7 and 4. We would like to go to Heavenly for ski as a beginner. If you are good private instructor for lesson, please contact me at 626-230-0256, i will purchase the life ticket for instructor plus hourly rate. Thank you. Wallace.

5 Answers Jan 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    • South Lake Tahoe cost of living?

by odonnell89 Online Now Jan 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Hello all! Im researching living in the lake tahoe area. I was wondering why the cost of living is less in south lake tahoe than other areas? my assumption would be crime rates. dont want to move to a sketchy area..Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 12, 2012 at 3:11 PM
    • where we are staying

by nicci_kearns Online Now Jan 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM

is the harveys hotel a good hotel to stay at and is it close to button lifts etc?? we are thinking of coming over in feb is this a good time?? flying from heathrow if any1 else is?? :)

2 Answers Jan 8, 2012 at 5:36 PM
    • Is there any dancing in south & north lake tahoe?

by tangotoni Online Now Dec 18, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Hi, I am travelling (from Australia) to Lake Tahoe to ski Heavenly for a week from the 25th Feb 2012, followed by a week skiing Northstar, leaving on 10th March.
      My question is, I love to dance and was wondering if there is any Salsa or Tango clubs/classes or events while I am there? any info would be greatly appreciated!

3 Answers Dec 23, 2011 at 10:23 PM
    • Marpessa's Profile Photo

Public Transport

by Marpessa Online Now Nov 11, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Hi,

does anyone know of ways to get to South Lake Tahoe by public transport. There is a bus I found on the Amtrak website. But I was just wondering if there are any other options (I'll be coming from Sacramento or somewhere near there).

Amtrak only lists one bus a day, so I'm just seeing if there are other options.

Thank you!

:-)
      Cassie

3 Answers Nov 13, 2011 at 6:06 PM
    • South Lake Tahoe Dec 26-30 SNOW??

by martin2011 Online Now Oct 20, 2011 at 8:36 AM

We are going to South Lake Tahoe in Dec 26-30 looking for snow, snowboarding, the works. I'm getting a little nervous that there will be no snow. Is there usually snow during the last week of December? Please say yes!

8 Answers Oct 21, 2011 at 11:59 AM
    • 75Antonio's Profile Photo

TAHOE FOR CHILDREN

by 75Antonio Online Now Oct 19, 2011 at 7:53 PM

Hi,
      my sisters are planning to go for the first time with children 3, 5 9 and 10 years old.
      what would be advisable for the children and parents to do?
      skiing? what location would be the most PRACTICAL? a hotel near the airport or where?
      any other activities for children and adults besides skiing? How safe are the highways ?

6 Answers Oct 20, 2011 at 12:06 PM
    • Driving and Weather Condition in Lake Tahoe on Nov 5-10

by AlHasan Online Now Sep 19, 2011 at 1:34 AM

I am planning to visit Lake Tahoe between November 05-10. I would like to get a clue about what the weather and driving conditions might be?

6 Answers Sep 23, 2011 at 11:14 PM
    • First time

by ferrari1081 Online Now Jun 4, 2011 at 12:20 PM

I'm planing a trip here in 2 weeks. Can any one tell what I can do here? This is my 1st time visiting here for the summer....

2 Answers Jun 4, 2011 at 8:49 PM
    • Lift Passes

by Maggiejay Online Now Feb 22, 2011 at 8:44 AM

We are skiing Lake Tahoe in March and wonder where is the best place to purchase a lift pass. In the resort or on the internet before travelling. We are a party of 8 flying in from the UK.

1 Answer Feb 22, 2011 at 9:15 PM
    • april skiing conditions

by michelleava Online Now Feb 21, 2011 at 6:40 PM

we were booked at mammoth from april 6 but have been told Squaw and nearby resorts would be just as good for spring skiing. Is this right? We are locked into flying into Reno and would then drive to mammoth, so it probably makes more sense to do tahoe. We are advanced skiiers. I know Squaw is famous for good April snow but which other nearby resorts would you recommend? Are they all the same in terms of weather and snow conditions or are some more vulnerable to earlier icey or slushy conditions? I was told heavenly is good in april.

6 Answers Feb 22, 2011 at 6:36 PM
    • Other ski resorts?

by rev1976 Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Hi all,

Heading to Lake Tahoe from Feb 14 -18. Staying at the Stardust (thoughts?) and was wondering if there are other ski resorts around that area? I know Heavenly is right there but are there other with low(er) traffic? My wife is a beginner skiier and would like to take lessons preferably from a good instructor. Thanks in advance.

16 Answers Feb 25, 2011 at 10:53 PM
    • Holiday in South Lake Tahoe

by lilychong31 Online Now Jan 7, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Hi, I'm from Singapore. My hubby & I are flying into Los Angeles on Feb 12, arriving at 11.15am. We plan to get to South Lake Tahoe and fly out to Miami on Feb 16th. Can you please recommend which airport we should fly into and which hotel (say 4-star)we should stay at. Should we drive to the hotel (how far from the airport?)or is there a shuttle service? Please also recommend what we could do there. We like beautiful scenery, water & boats, mountains, going to movies at night and if possible, eat at Chinese restaurants. Would be grateful for any suggestions. Greetings from Singapore! Lily

12 Answers Jan 12, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    • 2 days and 1 night ... south or north or can i do both??

by nani4nani Online Now Oct 28, 2010 at 2:51 AM

Hi,
      Im planning a trip to tahoe for this thanksgiving weekend i,e 26th and 27th of nov.. Im totally confused where to go.. what to do.. we are a group of 5 students around 24ys of age .. all we are interested in some good sight-seeing locations and entertainment in water and snow... and some night pubs too... can some one please help me out with my plan .. which one to go... hotels which are quite affordable and accessible to places .... any help related will be appreciated.
      And also can u list me top 5 things to do within the time i have...

Thanks

9 Answers Nov 5, 2010 at 4:58 PM