South Lake Tahoe Travel Answers

change location

Feedback on wedding services providers in South Lake Tahoe

by sandiegojim Online Now Nov 13, 2005 at 1:18 PM

I have some feedback I'd like prospective clients to know about on services that might be considered for weddings. I'm writing this because couples won't know good or bad unless someone gives some feedback. We've already discussed this feedback with each of the groups mentioned below.

Group Recommended
My Friend with a Boat (yacht charter) NO
String Beings (classical music group) NO
Image Angels (wedding photos) YES
"Jeff" DJ for weddings NO

Reasons:
My Friend with a Boat
We hired the yacht "My Friend with a Boat" for our wedding to take us from Valhalla to Ski Run Harbor. Very nice people, BUT, they did not have a place (dock space) for us to get out of the boat, and made us walk on the edge of the boat in formalwear (wedding dress & tuxedo), CLIMB UP ONTO THE DOCK, and have my new wife's wedding dress get torn in the process. They refused to pay to have the dress repaired. Without integrity and professionalism, they're a "fair weather friend," but I would not recommend them because they do not deliver on what they promised, and have an attitude that "those guys are just tourists -- we don't need to even answer them." Way to go. Not.

String Beings
Hired a quartet to play at our wedding, discussed music in advance, and requested for the quartet to start playing at 3.30 (with wedding starting at 4:00 pm). Only 3 of the 4 members even showed up, and didn't start playing until 3.42 (and only after I had to admonish them and say that we were waiting on them to play). They charged us for the minimum 2 hour playing time, but packed up and left without permission or agreement after 1hr15min after the 3.42 start time, and sent a nasty note, refused to apologize for being late and not fulfilling their contract, and acted like prima donnas when I wrote to them and asked for a partial refund. Great musicians, but make sure you put in a clause in the contract saying that payment will be pro-rated if the full time is not played. I am unimpressed with their attitude and insults to me in an e-mail for expecting them to simply perform as agreed for my wedding, and for them having an attitude and saying that they will start playing when they are ready.

Image Angels
Great photo firm. Excellent pictures, easy process, reasonable prices.

"Jeff" DJ for weddings
Didn't play from the songlist we prepared and submitted weeks in advance. Put on "live CDs" from Frank Sinatra concerts (acceptable) but then left his post and left the CD running with some stupid monologe talking from Sinatra instead of playing music. Didn't give Maid of Honor a chance to give a toast to the Bride. Poor choice of music and would slow things down every time people started dancing. Sent us outside to leave (and sent all guests outside) 30 min before we had planned with the wedding planner and reserved the hall and everything, so the boat (see above) wasn't ready, and we were standing outside and freezing on the dock waiting for the boat to arrive. Not recommended. Also used by Tahoe Entertainer (Good Recommendation for Jackie) but don't choose Jeff as your DJ.

regards,

sandiegojim

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines