South Korea Travel Answers

change location
ll_angel86's Profile Photo

Questions related to the KR Pass

by ll_angel86 Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Hi!

I just checked out the prices for the KR Pass. It looks like if I plan to travel from Seoul to Busan and back, the KR Pass is definitely more worth it as the cost for a 3 day pass is just 76,100 won compared to a one way ticket of 53,300 won.

Just like to confirm, how else can I use the KR Pass. Can I use it to travel within Busan on the metro? Or can I use it to travel from Seoul to Suwon etc?

As we are a group 3, we can also buy the Saver Pass which is slightly cheaper? Are there any rules for this pass besides the fact that we must travel as a group?

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • pkhrjhdh's Profile Photo

Re: Questions related to the KR Pass

by pkhrjhdh Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 2:42 AM

When travelling around Korea we tend to use the buses it may take slightly longer (around 4 hrs 20 mins) but it is a lot cheaper - 23,000 to 37,000 one way, worth considering if you are on a budget!

kobus.co.kr/web/eng/02_servi... has info on services timetables and cost, we usually buy tickets from the bus terminal - this site lets you know when and where to get the bus from - e.g. Seoul (Dong Seoul) to Busan is bus no. 700 you then can see the times and class of bus along with the cost of the journey - and yes they do stop at rest stops at least once along the way!
    As for the trains - we only used once on our very 1st trip to Korea when we went from Seoul to Gyeongju - the 2nd time we found it cheaper to fly! (We went from Seoul - Busan, Busan - Jeju, Jeju - Cheongju then bus back to Seoul) and since then we have always used the buses and plan to do so again this year!

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ll_angel86's Profile Photo

by ll_angel86 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Thanks for the bus suggestion. It never occured to me. Just wondering though, what does the bus grade refer to? As in, what is the difference between general/excellent or M/Excellent or M/General?

Be the first to rate this answer!

• pkhrjhdh's Profile Photo

by pkhrjhdh Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM

It just refers to the seat types Excellent has wider more comfortable seats than the General type I know the last one we were on had a tv playing movies at the front (in Korean of course) - and if you do go for the bus option make sure you make a note of the bus number/registration when you get off at a rest stop as when you come back out there maybe 20 or so of the same looking buses together - and if he says 20 mins he means it - they don't wait!

1 member found this helpful

• ll_angel86's Profile Photo

by ll_angel86 Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Thank you so much! I will definitely consider the bus as another option now =D

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular South Korea Travel Answer Locations