change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• raypang's Profile Photo

driving condition compared btw CHC to Lake Tekapo & to Meoraki

Canterbury Dec 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM

I am planning to spend half day to rent a car then drive to Meoraki or Lake Tekapo in the afternoon. from google map distance to meoraki is longer but not sure whether driving faster and easier than driving to Tekapo. if I go to Meoraki, I will visit Tekapo later from Wanaka. otherwise, I will drive to Tekapo first then drive to Dunedin from Mt cook after tekapo. which route is better for a new left side driver?

more
    • Lyttelton Custom House

Lyttelton Nov 30, 2014 at 6:49 PM

My great Grand Aunt was married to Thomas Bacon. He was a Custom officer at Lyttelton from 1859 to 1901.
      I am trying to find a photo of the Custom House.
      Neil Boyce
      nandg@vodafone.co.nz

more

driving condition compared btw CHC to Lake Tekapo & to Meoraki

Canterbury Dec 21, 2014 at 10:22 PM

I am planning to spend half day to rent a car then drive to Meoraki or Lake Tekapo in the afternoon. from google map distance to meoraki is longer but not sure whether driving faster and easier than driving to Tekapo. if I go to Meoraki, I will visit Tekapo later from Wanaka. otherwise, I will drive to Tekapo first then drive to Dunedin from Mt cook after tekapo. which route is better for a new left side driver?

1 Answer Dec 23, 2014 at 11:39 PM
    • Lyttelton Custom House

Lyttelton Nov 30, 2014 at 6:49 PM

My great Grand Aunt was married to Thomas Bacon. He was a Custom officer at Lyttelton from 1859 to 1901.
      I am trying to find a photo of the Custom House.
      Neil Boyce
      nandg@vodafone.co.nz

1 Answer Nov 30, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    • Travel in end of June 2015

Arthur's Pass Oct 17, 2014 at 2:58 AM

Hi Folks, my family would like to travel to Arthur's Pass next June. I have read postings on road situation there in winter. Please advise if I should ask for chains for the rental car for travelling in June. Will it be too cold and dangerous to travel there? How I can check the road situation before I drive there? Many thanks.

5 Answers Nov 20, 2014 at 8:29 PM
    • Cheap Make-Up Stores

Dunedin Oct 11, 2014 at 7:08 PM

Hi, I'm a student and am looking for cheap(ish) make-up and toiletries stores in Dunedin. I'm from the UK and am used to shops like Superdrug, Boots, Wilkinsons, Savers etc and was wondering if there are any similar priced places in Dunedin. Also (less important) does anyone know of any cheap but good hairdressers, preferably nearer to the university end of Dunedin.

Thanks!

1 Answer Nov 7, 2014 at 3:25 PM
    • winnietankl's Profile Photo

Steward Island, New Zealand

Invercargill Oct 5, 2014 at 1:39 AM

What recommend best value Invercargill day trip to Steward Island? We will not have tramping boots so it will be confine to local beaches and biggest town which I think it's called Oban. Any advice is appreciate.

3 Answers Oct 22, 2014 at 8:25 AM
    • winnietankl's Profile Photo

Cruise to Doubtful Sound

Doubtful Sound Oct 5, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Anyone knows the cheapest cruise to Doubtful sound? We are travelling from Invercargill for a day trip?

1 Answer Oct 5, 2014 at 3:42 AM
    • SantanaMurderrface's Profile Photo

Traveling to Franz Josef From Christchurch airport

Franz Josef Glacier Sep 29, 2014 at 4:33 AM

Whats the cheapest way for me to get to Franz Josef? I'm flying down from Auckland and would really appreciate some advice on which shuttle company i should go with? Thank you.

4 Answers Sep 30, 2014 at 12:30 AM
    • Backpackers that takes you to see dolphins?

Akaroa Aug 24, 2014 at 10:59 PM

This is a long shot, but when i visited Akaroa in 2006/2007, I remember there was a small backpackers where the guy would take a small groups of people out on his little dingy to see the Hectors dolphins. It was amazing, he was a lovely guy, but i cannot remember his name, or the backpackers associated with it! Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

For people not staying at the backpackers, i remember he charged a small fee, $20 or $25. But it was soo worth it, and so personalized! If anyone knows who i'm talking about ,pls advise!

2 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 1:23 AM
    • Milford Sound V Interisland crossing

Milford Sound Aug 18, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Is Milford Sound going to be similar to the Interisland ferry crossing for sights to see.

10 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 2:59 AM
    • lanef's Profile Photo

Taxi from airport to hotel

Queenstown Aug 17, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Can anyone give me a rough idea how much a taxi would cost from the airport to the hotel on 20 Stanley Street?
      Thanks

3 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 4:33 AM
    • Poor Food Hygiene

Nelson Aug 8, 2014 at 12:08 PM

NZ generally seems almost paranoid about food safety, and Nelson residents seem passionate about their cafes and restaurants, so as a visitor I'm shocked at the hygiene standards that i see here. Servers with long hair hanging over the food they are preparing, and others handling delicate pastries and bread with their bare hands. Why are such poor standards allowed?

1 Answer Aug 8, 2014 at 4:04 PM
    • Doubtful Sound.

Te Anau Jul 10, 2014 at 2:03 AM

I have travelled Milford Sound. Is Doubtful Sound more Spectacular or roughly the same?

3 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 10:14 PM
    • Overnight stopover in Auckland (from Bris to Queenstown)

Queenstown Jun 16, 2014 at 1:31 AM

Has anyone had to do the overnight stop over in Auckland on the connecting flight from Bris to Queenstown? We arrive in Auckland airport at 11:40pm and depart 7:10am the next morning.
      Just wondering if it's worth going to one of the airport hotels nearby once we've picked up baggage etc or whether we should just sleep there overnight? Would also help to know how early we need to check in for AKL to ZQN flight also. Not too keen on novotel prices so don't suggest that please.

Thanks for your answers :)

3 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    • Walking the Milford track in Mid July

Milford Sound May 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM

HI,

I'm wanting to walk the Milford track, alone, in July. Is this possible?
      There doesn't seem to be a lot of information regarding the Milford Track at this time of year apart from the standard 'track maybe closed, check with DOC'.

any help would be great.

Adam

13 Answers May 22, 2014 at 8:16 PM
    • lanef's Profile Photo

AU to NZ Currency

Queenstown May 16, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Will travel to Auckland and Queenstown in first week of October. I have my ANZ card from Australia, can I use it in New Zealand and are there any charges? Also, how is the temperature in Oct and do I need to bring some warm clothes? Thanks.

4 Answers Aug 26, 2014 at 6:18 AM
    • Taxi Service in Milford Sound?

Milford Sound May 11, 2014 at 12:53 PM

We are arrivivg via cruise ship. Are taxi's available for hire and private tour? What should we expect to pay for about 4 hours?

1 Answer May 13, 2014 at 5:32 AM
    • whitechicken's Profile Photo

two english campervan travelers

Dunedin Apr 17, 2014 at 11:11 AM

we will be in dunedin december 18th need a good campsite etc thanks

• Milford Track

Milford Sound Mar 28, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Anyone else doing the Milford Track between the 27th April - 1st May? Also ideas on food please? Cheers :)

3 Answers May 13, 2014 at 5:43 AM
    • pobblepop's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Queenstown

Queenstown Mar 23, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Hi there!
      I am going exploring the South Island over Easter (16-23 April) with my boyfriend and I'm just wondering if anyone knows of somewhere not too expensive to stay-- not too fussed on what its like as we will be out most of the time! Any suggestions would be awesome!
      Please/ Thanks :)

5 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM

best time to take photo Church of the Good Shepherd

Lake Tekapo Mar 16, 2014 at 7:20 PM

The best side of the church will face the sunlight in the late afternoon or early in the morning? I want to plan to pass by and stay for an hour in the lake side for some photo shots when driving from Christchurch to Wanaka.

6 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 8:31 PM
    • Why is your map showing the wrong location for Nelson/Tasman?

Nelson Mar 13, 2014 at 8:23 PM

The bing map on your listing for Nelson/Tasman shows Tasman Glacier, a long way from Nelson or Tasman Regions. Why?

6 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 5:37 AM
    • Rashdahod's Profile Photo

Franz Josef

Franz Josef Glacier Mar 3, 2014 at 5:25 AM

We are traveling mostly by bus but I cannot find a bus that will take me to Greymouth in the late afternoon from Franz Josef so that we can take the Western Coast Shuttle back to Christchurch the next morning. Any suggestions?

1 Answer May 13, 2014 at 5:45 AM
    • mnutsy's Profile Photo

DAY TRIP FOR NON SKIER TO CORONET PEAK OR REMARKABLES

Queenstown Mar 1, 2014 at 2:20 PM

I WILL BE IN QT FOR AFEW DAYS IN JULY. I DON'T SKI BUT WOULD LIKE TO GET BUS UP AND BACK TO EITHER, HAVE A LOOK, A WALK AND ACOFFEE, THEN COME BACK. POSIBLE?

4 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 2:24 PM
    • Cost of taxi ride

Christchurch Feb 7, 2014 at 7:14 PM

How much is a taxi ride from 182 Armagh St in the centre of Christchurch to the airport?

• SiobhanB28's Profile Photo

accommodation

Stewart Island Feb 1, 2014 at 12:40 AM

where would be the best place for a 16 and a 17 year old girl to stay for a couple of nights? And the cheapest?

• Hiking Shoes

Milford Sound Jan 28, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Probably a silly question, but is it imperative to have waterproof hiking shoes for the Milford Track (end of April). We are infrequent hikers and I have seen a pair on Trademe that have hardly been worn for buy now $25.00 - they are Nevados. We can hire them in Queenstown also. Cheers

5 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 5:06 PM
    • Hiking Gear Hireage Queenstown

Queenstown Jan 26, 2014 at 5:18 PM

My husband and I are doing the Milford track end of April, where is the best place to hire gear...pickup Queenstown. Cheers

1 Answer Jan 26, 2014 at 9:43 PM
    • Christchurch Train Station to Airport

Christchurch Jan 14, 2014 at 6:28 PM

How to get to Airport from Christchurch Train Station around 6 pm ....cheapest fare first please

1 Answer Jan 15, 2014 at 8:19 AM
    • Small campground in Little Akaloa?

Akaroa Jan 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Hi there, I have heard by word of mouth about a little campground in Little Akaloa. It is small, run by an honestly box, and basically unsearchable on the internet. Im trying to find a way to contact them as there are no details anywhere that I can find! Can anyone help?

4 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 5:04 PM
    • YogeshT's Profile Photo

South Island Vacation-NZ

Queenstown Dec 7, 2013 at 3:45 AM

I am travelling to New Zealand in Oct 2014 (25 Oct to 01st). Can anyone suggest itinerary for South Island? I am travelling wife & my 5 year old son. I understand it will be spring & at that point in time & hence end of skiing period however is there a possibility to see/play in snow in part of SI. My son is keen to see/play in snow as he has never done it before

6 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 8:30 PM