South Iceland Travel Answers

change location
lukechan's Profile Photo

Placea in South Iceland

by lukechan Online Now Mar 30, 2010 at 9:56 AM

I am making my web pages for my travel in Iceland. But I don't know some of the places that i have visited. I want to ask anyone can tell me where they are in South iceland?

travel.landwalker.info/galle...

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Placea in South Iceland

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 30, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I can help with half of it. The first one is the Gullfoss waterfall, or rather a part of it (Golden Falls). You may have been on the Golden Triangle tour.

Here is another photo, you can see the break in the top matches your photo. You will see though that in your photos the water runoff is a bit less though.

iceland.vefur.is/photogaller...

Here are many more of the same falls for review.

images.google.com/images?um=...

The other one I recognise, but cannot for the life of me place it.

Check out the pages of VT member and my friend Regina165, and she will undoubtedy be happyto identify the photo for you.

"Welcome to my travel pages :D" - Regina1965's Profile

Hope this helps and thanks for visiting my country.....d:o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lukechan's Profile Photo

by lukechan Online Now Mar 31, 2010 at 7:55 AM

Thanks a lot. But I guess this first photo is not Gullfoss. My another photo of travel.landwalker.info/galle... is Gullfoss. Here is another angle for the waterfall that I want to know where it is

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 31, 2010 at 11:19 AM

OK, here is a list of pretty much all of them with several photos per foss. See if you can find it in there.

flickr.com/groups/icelandicw...

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 31, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Look, it was an honest mistake pal! The Golden Circle is correct. I frequently give advise both regarding the Golden Triangle in poppy producing Asia, as well as the "golden" triangle in India (Delhi, Agra, Jaipur). ...and it is not the first time I have written the wrong thing as I have called the Golden Triangle, the Golden circle. I don't need a Wikipedia reference to "educate" me. I am all too well familiar with said triangle. A mistake like that is hardly "stepping over the line" as you say in Icelandic. Ease up a bit my friend....d:o)

Your idea of discussing the photos on a forum at www.f4X4.is , is a good idea, and I add it in English so the OP can do so. I was fooled by the rock sticking out at the top/middle of the fall. The page I included later has what appears to be most of the falls in Iceland. I did not go through them all though.

• erensm's Profile Photo

by erensm Online Now Apr 4, 2010 at 1:55 PM

The waterfall could be an unnamed waterfall in the river Markarfljót just south of the mountain Laufafell. The other picture may be the campsite at road 208 close to the ringroad.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular South Iceland Travel Answer Locations