South Iceland Travel Answers

change location
2giants's Profile Photo

Home Hosted Dinner

by 2giants Online Now Feb 9, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Does anyone know of any home hosted dinners where we would sit down and eat dinner with a local family? We don't want to be served dinner at a bed and breakfast, or farm stay. We are looking to joining a family (and paying our share) for dinner so we could see the real Iceland. Other countries have these kind of programs, but we can't seem to find anyone offering this. We found one artist who does this regularly, but he will be out of town when we are there. Any ideas?
thanks - we will be there in March.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Home Hosted Dinner

by Odinnthor Online Now Feb 9, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Thank you for your interest in my country. It used to be that you simply knocked on anyone's door and you would be invited to share a meal and a room to sleep in. However those days are in the past, - unfortunately. Regarding a home stay according to your quiery, there are seven families registered with homestay.com. You may want to check it out.

http://www.homestayweb.com/index.html

Should you need any additional information on how to enjoy my country feel free to elaborate and/or send me an E-Mail. Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Home Hosted Dinner

by magnusiceland Online Now Mar 25, 2010 at 2:49 AM

Hi

You can check these guys out: www.wheninreykjavik.com , they offer a guided tour about Reykjavik that ends in a dinner in an icelandic home.

- Magnus

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular South Iceland Travel Answer Locations