South Iceland Travel Answers

change location
JulieEGW's Profile Photo

Advice on "Must See" places

by JulieEGW Online Now Sep 9, 2008 at 6:38 AM

We are going to have 2.5 days in the area - arriving on 20 Sept.We will be staying in Reykjavik.

????? Does anyone have advice on what will we have time to see/do??????

Happy to hire a car and drive if that will help us to get the most from our visit.

????? Any advice on the best car hire deals?????

Thanks!

J

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • marielexoteria's Profile Photo

Re: Advice on "Must See" places

by marielexoteria Online Now Sep 9, 2008 at 7:01 AM

Renting a car gives you the flexibility of going wherever you want to go and at your own pace. That's what we did, but we visited the areas close to Reykjavik.

See a suggested driving itinerary in the South at hostel.is/default.asp?cat_id....

We rented my car with a travel agency here at home and paid in our currency and we picked up the car at Hertz, close to the domestic airport, but there's a list here: randburg.com/is/Tourism/carr....

Hope it helps, Iceland is amazing.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • putns's Profile Photo

by putns Online Now Sep 10, 2008 at 1:37 AM

If you take a car and go all the way to Hofn most beauties of South Iceland are along that route. No need to return to Rvk every evening. There are nice plces to stay in Vik or Hofn and the road is ok

• Regina1965's Profile Photo

by Regina1965 Online Now Sep 13, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Hi there. Check out my Reykjavík page for things to do in Reykjavík. "Putns" is also right, South-Iceland has got a lot of interesting places to see, I have just recently taken the tour around Iceland and the first tips on my Iceland page are of interesting places in South-Iceland. There is also the Golden circle tour which includes Gullfoss waterfall and Geysir plus Thingvellir, which is a must place to visit and very close to Reykjavík. Check out my Thingvellir travel page and pages on Gullfoss and Geysir. You could also visit the Blue lagoon which is very close to the airport, my tips on that are under my Grindavík page, and Keflavík town is worth a visit as well. All the best and have a nice trip, Regína Hrönn

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular South Iceland Travel Answer Locations