South Glamorgan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TAXIS FROM BANGOR RAILWAY STATION

Bangor Yesterday

Is it easy to pick up a taxi on arrival at the railway station or do you need to prebook?

more
    • fancy dress

Swansea Mar 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM

for my daughters 21st she wants a nite out in Swansea with her mates wearing pyjamas/nitewear of some sort so would it being a problem going into pubs & clubs dressed like that?

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

North Wales - Driving route - Tips

Snowdonia Apr 17, 2014 at 7:16 AM

I am planning to take the driving route starting from Halkyn where I am staying on Day 1 and follow Llandudno, Conwy, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Caernarfon, Porthmadog, Bala Lake and Aberystwyth. I wanted to include Holyhead, but seem to be a long travel. Can anyone suggest what I can add or remove in my route? I will be travelling with 2 kids (aged 9 and 5) and will be interested in any short stop-over on the route. Aberystwyth will be stay place on Day 2.

more

Popular South Glamorgan Travel Answer Locations

• Lesley-AnnG's Profile Photo

Pub name reminder

Cardiff Oct 30, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Hiya

what was the name of the bar that, was situated on Mill Lane,

where Peppermint Bar now sits?

2 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    • The best public transport from Cardiff Bay to Cardiff city

Cardiff Sep 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM

The best public transport from Cardiff Bay to Cardiff City

3 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 5:00 AM
    • adri57's Profile Photo

Nice hotel near Cardiff train station but not so close that it's noisy.

Cardiff May 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Can anyone recommend a modern hotel near Cardiff Central station but nevertheless, quiet? I'm coming in August for one night, to visit the Dr Who Experience, but I think the hotel would be more conveniently placed near the station, rather than near the Bay, as after visiting the exhibition it would be more useful to be in the city centre.

6 Answers May 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM
    • Help Please :( Proposal Location Help :)

Cardiff Mar 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Hello ;)
      I am planing to propose my Girlfriend in Cardiff this summer in july so I am planing a suprise romantic picnic.
      However I couldnt decide on the location.
      Please help me to choose one of them or tell me a better option...

a)Rhossilli cliffs
      b)Pan y Fon Pond
      c)Scenic Waterway
      d)The pomenade Brecon
      e)Bute park
      f)roath park
      g)castell coch
      h)caerphilly mountain
      ı)cosmeston lakes con. park
      j)whitmore bay

thanks a lott...
      have a nice day

5 Answers Apr 19, 2013 at 12:35 PM
    • sanjuro66's Profile Photo

Doctor Who Experience

Cardiff Mar 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Hello all. This summer I will be taking a trip to the Republic of Ireland and Wales. While in Cardiff, i'm contemplating going to the "Doctor Who Experience" in Cardiff Bay. I've been a fan for the last thirty years. My question is this:would an adult fan enjoy this museum...or is it more geared for children?

Cheers!
      Henry
      San Francisco Bay Area

6 Answers Mar 17, 2013 at 10:57 PM
    • Welsh Snow ball

Cardiff May 5, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Recently a friend bought me back from Wales a snow globe.
      It had a little mining shaft in the globe itself and a horse and cart, a pick and a shovel and a miner's lantern around the outside.
      I had it at work and my Manager knocked it and broke it.
      I would like to replace it if possible.
      Could you tell me from where I might be able to buy one please.

Many Thanks
      Sue P

4 Answers Jul 3, 2012 at 3:26 AM
    • Transportation in Cardiff

Cardiff Feb 29, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I am traveling by train from Doncaster to Cardiff. My question is how would I get to the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff airport and be able to go back and forth from that Holiday Inn Express to the Millinieum Centre for a Doctor Who convention. I have no desire to rent a car.

3 Answers Mar 1, 2012 at 4:39 AM
    • aaaarrgh's Profile Photo

Cardiff VT meeting anyone?

Cardiff Feb 7, 2012 at 5:40 PM

VT member ettiewyn is visiting Cardiff in early March and I've posted an informal meeting in the 'Meet Members' area (see link at top of this page). Anyone interested in joining us? If so, sign up. Hopefully the meeting will be on Thurday 1st March which is, of course, St Davids Day!

• hi

Barry Jan 4, 2012 at 2:43 AM

do you have to book to eat in the ship in in barry

4 Answers Jan 5, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    • b&bs barry island

Cardiff Jul 22, 2011 at 7:50 AM

hello im having great difficulty in finding a b&b /guest house /hotel in barry island .. can anyone help ?

2 Answers Aug 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM
    • Accomodation in Cardiff??

Cardiff Apr 26, 2011 at 6:47 AM

I am trying to book accomodation in cardiff for the weekend of the 20th may to the 22nd and i am finding it very difficult with everywhere booked up due to it being heineken cup weekend. There will be between 15-20 of us travelling over for the games but have yet to find a place to stay. So if anybody could let me know of hotel,pub,apartments,guesthouses around the city centre that would be great. We would be open to splitting up into smaller groups if needs be. All suggestions are welcome. Thanks Sean.

8 Answers May 21, 2012 at 2:36 AM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

venues for live music in city center

Cardiff Mar 22, 2011 at 4:03 PM

1)are there any clubs with live music in the city center?

2)any suggestions on pubs that we can listen blues/jazz or rock music?

1 Answer Mar 22, 2011 at 5:17 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

3 days itinerary

Cardiff Mar 19, 2011 at 4:13 PM

in a few days we'll spend 3 full days in Cardiff staying at the city center.

We plan to spend 1st day in the city center and second day to the Bay.

Any suggestions for the 3rd day? Any site that can easily be reached by local bus maybe? We wont have a car.

12 Answers Apr 4, 2011 at 8:34 AM
    • pietershoek's Profile Photo

Big sculpture of hands in Cardiff

Cardiff Jan 10, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Who can tell me more about the sculpture of the big hands in Cardiff?
      For instance who has made it, when was it placed there. Size?, etc.
      May be a link to local website with more information or a nice picture.

Thanks and kind regards, Joop

1 Answer Jan 10, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    • ribafish's Profile Photo

What and where to eat this weekend?

Cardiff Jun 8, 2010 at 2:42 AM

Hello!
      I am editor in Playboy Croatia and vicepresident of croatian beerlovers society. And i write about beers. So, tell me please what is the Welsh specialty and where to eat it!!!

Thanks!

8 Answers Jun 9, 2010 at 11:38 PM
    • Safe to walk in city at night?

Cardiff Jan 13, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Hi,

I arrive in Cardiff by public transportation around 22:00. Is it safe for a woman alone to walk in center city Cardiff so late at night (area around Queen Street Station)?

Thanks for your help.

Cathy

3 Answers Jan 13, 2010 at 10:48 AM
    • dldkag's Profile Photo

Pubs near the St. David's Hotel?

Cardiff Aug 25, 2009 at 4:33 AM

I'll be staying at the Hotel St. Davids in a few weeks. Are there any good pubs within walking distance from the hotel?

5 Answers Oct 7, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    • Transport to Bristol

Cardiff Jul 30, 2009 at 3:23 PM

I could not get accommodation in Cardiff on Sat 22nd August, the night of the U2 concert, so I booked accommodation in Bristol. I was wondering if I could get Public Transport back to Bristol after the concert (probably after 11pm), or possibly there may be some special transport arranged for the concert, such as coaches back to Bristol, etc.

I would be very grateful if I could get advice on this.

Thanks,

JEPDEANE.

5 Answers Aug 2, 2009 at 9:10 AM
    • charlestons bar and grill

Cardiff Jul 28, 2009 at 1:51 PM

does anybody have a contact number for charlestons bar and grill please???

3 Answers Jul 29, 2009 at 7:45 AM
    • KittyConduitt81's Profile Photo

Must See places in Cardiff

Cardiff Jul 27, 2009 at 8:19 AM

I'm planning a trip to Cardiff, probably in the summer/fall of next year, and wanted to start a list of things I had to see while I was there. Are there any places you would recommend?

I would love to go for St. David's day in March, but alas I cannot. Are there any other festivals that would be interesting to see?

Thanks,

Katie

3 Answers Jul 27, 2009 at 2:08 PM
    • Accomodation 22nd August

Cardiff Jul 16, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Dear all,

i'm looking for 1 night accomodation for 22nd August (1 double room - one night)- Unfortunately i cannot find any accomodation on the internet (probably because there are u2 on the same night).

If you know of any hotel, apartment, hostel which might be available kindly send me details.

Thanks a real lot in advance.

Regards
      Stefan

6 Answers Jul 23, 2009 at 12:31 PM
    • From Cardiff Bay to the city centre

Cardiff Jun 19, 2009 at 2:39 AM

I am staying in the Cardiff bay area for a couple of nights next month, I have heard that the area between Cardiff bay and the city centre is a bit rough and not safe at night, is this true? How long does it take to walk? If not which is the best method of transport to take? I will be having a short brak with my girlfriend, which pubs or restaurants can anyone recommend?

4 Answers Jun 20, 2009 at 5:28 AM
    • aaaarrgh's Profile Photo

Visiting Cardiff from Georgia

Cardiff May 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM

VT member rexvaughan and his wife Sacra are visiting Cardiff all the way from Georgia, USA (well, I think that is where Decatur is!!) on 29-31 May.

I have suggested having a small gathering on Saturday evening, certainly to sample some of cardiff's fine ales, but also possibly to have a bite to eat.

Anyone else interested? If so, leave a reply here or send me a VT email. It has been a while since the last VT gathering in Cardiff and there may be some new peeps in the area that I've never met and, who knows, might want to seize the chance to meet some real, live, fellow VT members...

1 Answer May 22, 2009 at 4:10 AM
    • romancandle's Profile Photo

Dining out in Cardiff

Cardiff Apr 6, 2009 at 7:50 AM

Hi all!

I am going to be in Cardiff with a friend on Easter Sunday and Monday (12-13th) April. Any suggestions for eating out? Our budget is about £40 a meal, but we can go up to £60-70 for something really special. We don't want to go the chain restaurant route, e.g. ASK, Pizza Express, etc.

Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Apr 29, 2009 at 7:48 AM
    • BLUENOSEBEAR's Profile Photo

Lads weekend in Cardiff

Cardiff Apr 1, 2009 at 12:00 PM

hi all Welsh speaking VTR'S ;-)

We are planning a stag weekend in Cardiff in September.We are having an afternoon at Chepstow races on the Frdiay,Comedy Club Friday night,and a morning clay pigeon shooting the following day.The rest of our time I would guess will be spent frequenting local pubs and bars.
      Are there any bars that we should try to avoid,we are not youngsters,all are 40+,so we are not stupid,but we want to sample the nightlife Cardiff has to offer,without any aggro.We're not clubbers,but enjoy decent music and the craic.
      Any tips would be appreciated

cheers

the bear

7 Answers Apr 10, 2009 at 1:26 PM
    • London Luton to Cardiff

Cardiff Mar 19, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Dear all,

i already posted a question in the London Forum about travelling from London Luton to Cardiff. They informed me that the bus is available but apparently its quite a lengthy journey plus a number of stops.

Now i'm considering renting a car - do you know roughly how long does it take to get to cardiff from london luton by car? i'll be travelling on a saturday morning.

Regards
      Stefan

5 Answers Mar 22, 2009 at 1:40 PM
    • romancandle's Profile Photo

Budget/Hostel Accomodation in Cardiff

Cardiff Mar 2, 2009 at 10:07 AM

A friend and I will be staying in Cardiff for a few days in April, but are students on a budget. Any suggestions as to where we can stay? Our range is £20-40 a night, tops! Cheap B&Bs, hostels (preferably with double rooms) and any other suggestions welcome/desperately sought.

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Mar 2, 2009 at 12:19 PM
    • castle coch and hotels

Cardiff Sep 16, 2008 at 10:34 AM

ive drove past going to work in cardiff from birmingham and thought id visit the castle with my girlfriend as i think its quite romantic and fairytale looking would any body be able to recomend me anywhere to stay nearby for a weekend please i would be most greatful.

7 Answers Sep 26, 2008 at 4:31 AM
    • Tiger Bay

Cardiff Jul 22, 2008 at 7:59 AM

I grew up in Cardiff and never really knew the reason why Tiger Bay was called Tiger Bay, can you please give the reason behind this name

4 Answers May 22, 2009 at 7:48 AM
    • help travel to see bruce springsteen

Cardiff May 22, 2008 at 5:23 PM

hi i have recently bought ticket to see springsteen and was wondering if anyone knows of any coaches running to this event from birmingham or perhaps some one driving who i could get lift off prepered to help with fuel etc i am a respectable profesional(teacher) thanks gary

1 Answer May 23, 2008 at 12:40 PM