Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tinamarie17's Profile Photo

Charleston Oct 27, 2015 at 3:20 AM

7 Answers Oct 28, 2015 at 9:50 AM

Road conditions

Charleston Oct 20, 2015 at 3:07 PM

We are traveling to Charleston/Follly Beach, SC in two weeks. What are the road conditions and how has the weather been?

6 Answers Oct 28, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Tides Hotel and Folly Beach

South Carolina Oct 6, 2015 at 7:36 PM

We love Charleston and have decided to stay at Folly Beach this time and travel into town. What are your opinions of Folly Beach and/or The Tides Hotel.

2 Answers Oct 7, 2015 at 9:35 AM

South Carolina Oct 6, 2015 at 10:50 AM

My family and I are planning a driving trip to Charleston/Folly Beach the first weekend in November. Will the roads be safe to drive on or should we reschedule our vacation?

10 Answers Oct 8, 2015 at 10:27 AM
    • Train to Savannah

Charleston Jun 5, 2015 at 7:37 AM

Thanks for response to previous post. Have been looking further into things and wondering if it would be interesting getting train to savannah from charleston and flying to Orlando from there. How long would it take and is station downtown in Savannah. Also would we need car in savannah

6 Answers Jun 6, 2015 at 4:30 AM
    • Charleston and savannah

Charleston Jun 3, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Hi coming from Scotland in first week of November and was wondering what weather would be like we like walking along beach fronts ,shopping ,visiting small towns drinking and chilling out Were thinking of going to Savannah charleston Hilton head and Georgetown going to be there for 6 days before going to Orlando for 4 day cruise does this sound good or is it to much in short time was wondering if somebody could advise. Thanks

7 Answers Jun 4, 2015 at 5:43 AM
    • Is there a "bad" Part of myrtle beach?

Myrtle Beach May 9, 2015 at 8:44 PM

I am visting MB later this mouth but keep hearing to stay away from the "bad" Parts I thought myrtle beach was Fine not saying there is no crime but is there a certain "Bad" Part?

1 Answer May 10, 2015 at 5:38 AM
    • Hotel on Boardwalk

Myrtle Beach May 7, 2015 at 6:10 AM

Can you recommend a good hotel on the boardwalk? We would like to be close to everything and the beach. Have no problem with crowds or noise. Thanks

2 Answers May 11, 2015 at 7:37 AM
    • In Charleston now...3 days...things to do?

Charleston Mar 1, 2015 at 7:14 AM

We're in Charleston for a few days...arrived yesterday ... Weather is chilly and shower-y ( but still a vast improvement over the 1,000 ft of snow in frozen Boston!) ... Any suggestions of things to do while here....? We don't have a car...but happy to walk ...also...any recommendations for places to hear live music?

5 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 8:54 PM
    • Kelmacmar's Profile Photo

Hotel / Things to Do for a Short Stay

Charleston Feb 20, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Hello! I'm driving to Boston from Fort Lauderdale and will be in Charleston for a day and a half, from about 6 PM on June 20 until I have to check out of whatever hotel I stay in on June 22. My first question is about hotels. I'll be travelling with two largish dogs and don't want to spend a ton of money, so my hotel choices are limited. I found an inexpensive La Quinta in North Charleston--is this a decent area? I don't know anything about Charleston, so I have no idea about neighborhoods, but the fact that this hotel is so many fewer points in my credit card rewards program than others makes me nervous. My second questions is, if I only have one night and one full day, what should I do? I love history, food, and running if that narrows things down at all.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

4 Answers Feb 21, 2015 at 9:03 AM
    • How can I get to Tanger Outlets by public transportation from Meeting Street?

Charleston Feb 7, 2015 at 5:53 AM

While visiting Charleston & staying in the Historic area (Meeting Street) I want to go to the Tanger Outlets (North Charleston). Do you have any suggestions for public transportation other than taking a taxi?

5 Answers Feb 8, 2015 at 11:27 AM
    • What is the best way to see Magnolia Plantation and Gardens?

Charleston Feb 5, 2015 at 5:22 AM

My husband is reluctant to drive a car (renting of).
      Could you recommend an excellent Tour Company for Charleston to Magnolia Plantation?
      We will get accomodation in Historic Charleston.
      I do not want a BUS TOUR although a mini-van is o'k.
      I have researched these Companies: Charleston Tours, Charleston's Finest, Adventure Sightseeing.
      Pick-up at hotel would be coonvenient. We particularly like gardens with lingering time there. Charleston Ventures does not conduct Garden Tours.

How much would a taxi cost there & back?

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. N.Grace

5 Answers Feb 7, 2015 at 5:07 AM
    • airport transportation

Charleston Dec 22, 2014 at 8:20 AM

what options do i have for transporation from the charleston airport to downtown?
      my hotel is at Days Inn 155 Meeting Street, Charleston (SC), United States

I know of 2 - taxi and airport shuttle.
      anything else?

6 Answers Dec 30, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    • Prairieproper's Profile Photo

Safe for solo female traveller?

Charleston Dec 19, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Hello everyone,
      I'm looking into travelling to Charleston for 5 days for a mini-holiday. I'm a 27yr old female, my main concern is safety, as I will be travelling alone. Would I feel safe in Charleston & enjoy my visit, or would it be overshadowed by safety concerns? Thanks!

5 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 5:22 PM
    • transportation to plantations

Charleston Dec 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM

i will be visiting and staying in downtown charleston but won't have a car.
      what are my options for visiting some of the plantations?

Is this shuttle still running?

3 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 6:02 PM
    • apbeaches's Profile Photo

December in Charleston

Charleston Dec 1, 2014 at 6:01 PM

We're spending the weekend before Christmas in Charleston as we did last year. The location and rate at the King Charles Inn couldn't be beat. We have seen the Market, slave mart, Ft. Sumpter, Magnolia Plantation, Rainbow Row, Old Exchange... it's all up on V.T.

We have enjoyed Jestines for a casual lunch, Hyman's wasn't too special. Any dining ideas?

I've gone through the V.T. websites & agree with all of your tourist traps & pushy time share hawkers. Is there anything that we've missed that we wouldn't see home in NYC? We are not interested in the tourist shows. Any southern & special restaurant recommendations?

Thanks in advance! Andrea

2 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 6:58 AM
    • Best LOCAL food restaurant

Beaufort Oct 19, 2014 at 9:56 AM

What is the best restaurant that reflects local food ?

1 Answer Oct 21, 2014 at 12:50 PM
    • Please help

Charleston Aug 4, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Last April I purchased a Johnathan Green print from a dealerl located in The Market.
      Does anyone know the name of that vendor? I believe that it is a permanent vendor. I want to purchase an additional print.

I hope someone can help!

2 Answers Aug 4, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • Hilton Head and. Savannah area travel information.

Hilton Head Island Jul 22, 2014 at 1:50 PM

How can I get free brochures to plan our trip in November? I don't want to miss any great sites in Hilton Head area plus, Savannah area.

3 Answers Jul 22, 2014 at 7:42 PM
    • Back Roads Leading to Columbia, S.C.

South Carolina Jul 21, 2014 at 5:43 PM

My parents are taking a leisurely 3 day trip to Cleveland, Ohio mid August & want to take a back route to Columbia.S.C. where they'll stay the first night. They've done the coastal route several times & I was thinking of route 321. Does anybody know if there's any scenic towns along the way? Or is it a terribly boring? Any suggestions for a more scenic route? My Parents are both artists, love history & have volunteered @ Okefenokee so have varied interests. However, I don't want their first leg of the trip to take more than 5/6 driving time tops.

1 Answer Jul 21, 2014 at 8:50 PM
    • Moving to SC

South Carolina Jun 30, 2014 at 3:38 PM

I am looking to move to SC from MN. It is quite scary seeing as I haven't the slightest clue about where would be the best place for me. I love outdoor activities, running, hiking, camping, and most of all boating. I want to move to a town big enough to be able to meet lots of people and I need to go to college as well, but i dont know about the city life. I also have horses and enjoy riding very much and would like to be able to continue to do so. I was originally thinking costal, such as charleston, but I worry that i wouldnt be able to do boating and hiking and horseback riding there? Being on the water is very important to me. Please help if you are familiar with SC!

3 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 6:07 PM
    • Blue crabs

Hilton Head Island Jun 19, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Where can I find blue crab live or steamed at Hilton Head Island?

• autumnly's Profile Photo

"South of the Border" ok for me and my kids?

South Carolina Jun 12, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I'm about to drive 750 miles each way with a 6 year old and a 4 year old. It occured to me that on the way home, the border between SC and NC would be a good distance to plan our overnight stop. As a bonus, watching the hundreds of billboards for the South of the Border tourist attraction would keep the kids entertained and build anticipation. As many times as I've passed it, I've never stopped. I'm fully expecting campy and possibly overpriced, but is it safe? Is it somewhere you would feel safe staying overnight with young children?

• summer housing

Charleston Jun 8, 2014 at 5:30 AM

hi :) we are 3 girls heading to Charleston June 12... work and travel program...looking for a summer housing till early september.. any suggestions?

1 Answer Oct 16, 2014 at 7:54 AM
    • FOUR WEEKS arrivng in ISLE OF PALMS

Isle of Palms Jun 3, 2014 at 7:15 AM

We will be arriving here in a few weeks. You would think we would want to leave this there a nearby Walmart in Mt Pleasant area?

2 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 7:13 AM
    • First Time Visit

Myrtle Beach May 19, 2014 at 8:42 AM

What is the best hotel to stay for kids with some type of luxury for adults?

1 Answer May 19, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    • mosaka's Profile Photo

Charleston SC cheap stays

Charleston May 18, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Hey y'all
      Doing a road trip and staying in Charleston South Carolina for two nights in July.
      Anyone knows Hostel, or cheap places to stay in July somehow close to down town?

Really appreciated any advice or name of place

3 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 7:57 PM
    • Dangers and Tips

South Carolina May 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I am planning a road trip to South Carolina in August, I am curious about the areas I should avoid due to danger and violence.

1 Answer May 13, 2014 at 9:21 PM
    • Is there any public transport to get from Myrtle Beach to North Myrtle Beach on a daily basis?

Myrtle Beach May 11, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Is there any public transport to get from Myrtle Beach to North Myrtle Beach on a daily basis? or even just a few days a week?

1 Answer May 11, 2014 at 3:14 PM
    • Jobbing in myrtle beach

Myrtle Beach May 5, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Where are some places a 14 year old girl could work in myrtle beach ?