South Africa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• transport from Johannesburg to Clarens

Free State Jul 1, 2015 at 10:59 AM

I'm trying to get from Johannesburg to Clarens but i don't have a car, and it seems like there are no buses that go that way :(

more
    • About Bloemfontein area

Bloemfontein Jul 24, 2015 at 5:34 AM

Good day
      My hubby and I have been all over Drakensberg / south coast / Jhb / Cpt etc. But we never seen the Free State. What is avaiable for a couple on holiday there and what type of rates for self catering or hotels? we come from DBN area
      regards

more
    • st lucia, south africa, with a toddler.

Lake Saint Lucia Jul 4, 2015 at 11:13 AM

any recommendations for BnB Guesthouses with a little active toddler? Preferrably with a jungeljim and safe for him to run around.

more
    • Puppy with us in Sodwana

Sodwana Bay National Park Jul 25, 2015 at 12:35 AM

HI We have brought our 14 weeks puppy with us and we will have to do all activities with her whilst in Sodwana.. What are our options?

more
    • KakapoTheParrot's Profile Photo

Johannesburg airport taxi

Johannesburg Jul 22, 2015 at 4:25 AM

We're booked into a hotel close to OR Tambo this weekend prior to a tour. I'd expected to ask the hotel to provide help with a taxi/shuttle but I'm getting no response from them.
      If we need a taxi from the airport does anyone have any advice or suggestions on taxi firms to use for a pre-booked car? I'll be with my wife and daughter so safety is more important than lowest price.

more
    • safe areas ?

Johannesburg Jul 28, 2015 at 7:38 AM

hi can anyone guide to me. i m planning to settle down in johannesburg in 2 month only. which are the areas safe to live and to find job. ?

more
    • Visa trouble

South Africa Jul 6, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Hi

I was volunteering in Johannesburg 5 years ago for several months. Whilst out there I had to extend my visa so I followed the embassy instructions. However, when I arrived at the airport to depart I was informed that my paper work had not been processed and as a result I had outstayed my visa. I cannot remember the details of the conversation and no longer have any of the relevant paperwork but I think there was mention of a fine that I could not pay at the time. I have scoured my passport and do not appear to have any records or marks indicating that I outstayed or that I have a fine due. I am due to be returning in August for a two week voluntary project. Is it worth attempting to contact the embassy before travelling? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks

more
    • 2days in j Burg

Johannesburg Jul 14, 2015 at 11:47 AM

I have 2 days in Johannesburg and was wondering what to do other than see animals or go to cape town

more
    • shopping in Johannesburg

Johannesburg Jul 12, 2015 at 6:33 AM

Where is there good safe shopping and walking around in johannesburg

more
    • safe areas ?

Johannesburg Jul 28, 2015 at 7:38 AM

hi can anyone guide to me. i m planning to settle down in johannesburg in 2 month only. which are the areas safe to live and to find job. ?

3 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 2:18 PM
    • Puppy with us in Sodwana

Sodwana Bay National Park Jul 25, 2015 at 12:35 AM

HI We have brought our 14 weeks puppy with us and we will have to do all activities with her whilst in Sodwana.. What are our options?

2 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 7:48 AM
    • About Bloemfontein area

Bloemfontein Jul 24, 2015 at 5:34 AM

Good day
      My hubby and I have been all over Drakensberg / south coast / Jhb / Cpt etc. But we never seen the Free State. What is avaiable for a couple on holiday there and what type of rates for self catering or hotels? we come from DBN area
      regards

1 Answer Jul 24, 2015 at 2:40 PM
    • KakapoTheParrot's Profile Photo

Johannesburg airport taxi

Johannesburg Jul 22, 2015 at 4:25 AM

We're booked into a hotel close to OR Tambo this weekend prior to a tour. I'd expected to ask the hotel to provide help with a taxi/shuttle but I'm getting no response from them.
      If we need a taxi from the airport does anyone have any advice or suggestions on taxi firms to use for a pre-booked car? I'll be with my wife and daughter so safety is more important than lowest price.

2 Answers Jul 22, 2015 at 5:27 AM
    • 2days in j Burg

Johannesburg Jul 14, 2015 at 11:47 AM

I have 2 days in Johannesburg and was wondering what to do other than see animals or go to cape town

5 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 6:02 AM
    • shopping in Johannesburg

Johannesburg Jul 12, 2015 at 6:33 AM

Where is there good safe shopping and walking around in johannesburg

9 Answers Jul 13, 2015 at 10:16 AM
    • Visa trouble

South Africa Jul 6, 2015 at 1:31 PM

Hi

I was volunteering in Johannesburg 5 years ago for several months. Whilst out there I had to extend my visa so I followed the embassy instructions. However, when I arrived at the airport to depart I was informed that my paper work had not been processed and as a result I had outstayed my visa. I cannot remember the details of the conversation and no longer have any of the relevant paperwork but I think there was mention of a fine that I could not pay at the time. I have scoured my passport and do not appear to have any records or marks indicating that I outstayed or that I have a fine due. I am due to be returning in August for a two week voluntary project. Is it worth attempting to contact the embassy before travelling? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks

3 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM
    • st lucia, south africa, with a toddler.

Lake Saint Lucia Jul 4, 2015 at 11:13 AM

any recommendations for BnB Guesthouses with a little active toddler? Preferrably with a jungeljim and safe for him to run around.

1 Answer Jul 4, 2015 at 4:37 PM
    • transport from Johannesburg to Clarens

Free State Jul 1, 2015 at 10:59 AM

I'm trying to get from Johannesburg to Clarens but i don't have a car, and it seems like there are no buses that go that way :(

• All day driver

Port Elizabeth Jun 28, 2015 at 3:39 PM

How much would an all day driver cost to pick me up in Port Elizabeth at
      around 9am, Drive to Uitenhage, look at some of the museums there and
      then back to Port Elizabeth, look at some local attractions e.g.
      Bayworld, air force museum etc and then drop me at the airport around
      5pm the same day?

Thanks

Bevan

3 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 7:38 PM
    • mvaseem's Profile Photo

Sightseeing

Johannesburg Jun 25, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Planned to visit Joberg in September with wife for 3 days. Would like to know what to see here and how. Should I take tour operator or self drive.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

6 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 7:36 PM
    • Dry fruit

South Africa Jun 21, 2015 at 2:03 PM

can I bring dry fruit from Canada into South Africa ?

8 Answers Jun 22, 2015 at 12:17 PM
    • Traveling near the Joburg

Johannesburg Jun 19, 2015 at 3:17 AM

Hi.

Could you help.
      What is the best way to get a Wonder Cave, Aerial Cableway Hartbeespoort and Rhino&Lion Park?

I have business trip in Joburg for one month. Therefore I don't have a car.
      I like to travel by train.
      Maybe somebody would like to visit mentioned above places and I can join as a passenger.

2 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 12:22 PM
    • Cederberg on a Budget

South Africa Jun 17, 2015 at 12:14 PM

Hi everyone,
      Any recommendations for towns, areas and accommodation? It is a week long getaway trip for 2. We are using a car. Hiking areas would be great! Or any advice on how to travel carefully on a tight budget between 2.

Thanks!

5 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 5:43 AM
    • July 6-8th 2015 Kruger Park BUDGET TRIP

Kruger National Park Jun 12, 2015 at 3:53 AM

Hello Everyone:)
      Together with my friend we will be travelling from CT to Kruger Park 6th of July early morning (either OR Tambo Johannesburg airport or Hoedspruit airport) and after 3 days safari we will be going back to George Town (probably from OR Tambo Johannesburg airport). We have a question if somebody is going to Kruger Park those dates and maybe would like to rent a car with us or maybe some safari operator would like to take us:) We have around 4500-5000 rands per person to spend. Not a lot but we are willing to spend nights under bare sky just to experience the most of wild nature:)

Please advise,
      THANK YOU
      Patrycja

2 Answers Jun 15, 2015 at 12:10 PM
    • re entry query

South Africa May 24, 2015 at 12:28 AM

Hi,

•I am a UK citizen that travelled from the UK to Cape Town from 17 April 2015 - 04 May 2015
      •On arrival I received a Visitors Permit that would be due to expire on 16 July 2015
      •On leaving I received a Departure Stamp of 4 May 2015
      •I returned to the UK

I was hoping to return to Cape Town to spend 6 weeks with friends from 15 June 2015 - 29 July 2015.
      I am looking for confirmation on whether this is possible. My question is, would I gain a new Visitors Permit on entry to Cape Town or would I still be entered under my old Visitors Permit which would require me to leave on 16 July 2015? I will be entering from the UK once again

I have contacted home affairs but had a mixture of responses n I am just looking for some sort of clarification. Had anybody been in the same situation?

Would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

7 Answers May 24, 2015 at 3:50 AM
    • Learning Afrikaans

South Africa May 23, 2015 at 11:15 AM

Hi!

I need some help, i'm gonna move to south africa in 2016 and I would like to learn afrikaans. I have some difficulties to find a school which give Afrikaans course. Any suggestions?

Hope you will be able to help me
      thanks

9 Answers Jun 8, 2015 at 12:57 PM
    • Area with pubs and restaurants

Cape Town May 18, 2015 at 9:08 PM

We are a couple in our 50s and 60s moving long term to Cape Town from Australia. We want to rent an apartment within walking distance to pubs and restaurants and a supermarket. Probably looking at a 2 bedroom for around R22k a month......
      Someone mentioned Big Bay as an option but that seems to be rather remote or isn't it? The city bowl was recommended but isn't that too noisy for us older folk?
      Are there any such areas in Cape Town?

3 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 5:51 AM
    • Cash and Credit Cards

South Africa May 5, 2015 at 8:30 AM

I will be traveling to South Africa in October from the USA and want to know if the US Dollar is accepted there as well as which credit cards are accepted.

11 Answers May 22, 2015 at 3:16 PM
    • cybervinayak's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

Cape Town May 2, 2015 at 10:06 PM

I will be visiting Cape Town in July 2015. I have seen many sites on cage diving for shark viewing in cape town. I saw one video that showed a scuba diver feeding a shark in cape town sea. I am advanced level Scuba Diver. Can any one guide me to locate the company that takes scuba divers for Shark Feeding adventure?

5 Answers May 3, 2015 at 8:50 AM
    • jillikins's Profile Photo

Shuttle/transport from airport to West Quay Road, City

Cape Town May 2, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Hi, I'm wanting to get from the airport to West Quay Road, City, arriving 20.40. early July. I'm an older lady on her own, is there a reliable shuttle service that will suit me?
      Thank you
      Jillikins.

3 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 5:55 AM
    • jillikins's Profile Photo

Shuttle from airport

South Africa May 2, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Hi all, I'm wanting to get from the airport to the city, a older single lady on her own, arriving around 20.30. Any suggestions for a safe, reliable shuttle please?
      Thanks,
      Jillikins

2 Answers May 3, 2015 at 4:05 AM
    • tourism as a significance

Pretoria Apr 21, 2015 at 6:01 AM

can you mention the significance of the Voortrekker Monument as a tourism destination?

2 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 7:06 AM
    • drive from sun city to Kruger

Sun City Mar 26, 2015 at 10:03 AM

need to be driven from Sun City to Kings camp in Kruger via Panorama Route. Any advice?? Family of 4

2 Answers Apr 1, 2015 at 9:59 AM
    • In hluhluwe

Hluhluwe Game Reserve Mar 24, 2015 at 2:43 AM

Where can we(me my husband 4year old ,4month old and Parents in law go for a spa day and relaxing where kids can play and the men can fish or just chill?

• Restaurants with a view

Cape Town Mar 17, 2015 at 12:10 PM

I feel a bit silly asking this. I come from Cape Town but moved away about a decade ago. I am going back in a few months and want to take my girlfriend for a nice simple lunch or even a picnic somewhere with a view. I know all the usual spots, but I'm looking for something a little more different. I'm not looking for anywhere flashy, rather something relaxed but nice. Any ideas?

8 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 7:11 AM
    • Gay Friendly

Hermanus Mar 16, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Are there any gay bars, pubs or cruising spots in Hermanus

5 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 6:25 PM
    • ateach52's Profile Photo

Marathon closures, Kirstenbosch + Table Mountain

Cape Town Mar 16, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Hello, my husband and I - active seniors - are arriving at 8 in the morning at Cape Town International airport. We will then pick up our rental car. We are planning on doing the following that day, before driving to our booked accommodation in Blaubergstrand: drive from the airport to Kirstenbosch, spend about 3 hours there, maybe grab a bit of lunch, and then drive to the Table Mountain cable-car to go up with an afternoon ticket.

My questions are this:

1) Does that sound like a good itinerary for the first day? Since we're coming from Europe we won't be jet lagged. We'll be in Cape Town for three more full days, when we'll be going on a wine tour, to Robben Island (have already booked for the next day, Sunday), Bo-kaap, and a full day to the Cape of Good Hope, but I thought getting an overview of the city from Table Mountain would be a good idea. Or should we do Table Mountain in the morning and Kirstenbosch in the afternoon?

2) I understand there will be a marathon in town on Saturday 4th, so will there be any roads on the way to either Kirstenbosch or Table Mountain from the airport that will be close?

Thanks so much for some feedback!

3 Answers Jun 19, 2015 at 6:02 AM
    • roni690's Profile Photo

looking for deiver

Cape Town Mar 14, 2015 at 8:23 PM

HI i will be with my family in Capetown for 5 days i'm looking for a driver for all day on April 8 to take us to the wine area
      and than bring us back after diner about 10 pm. any sogestion's. thanks Ron

3 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 9:00 AM
    • cochinjew's Profile Photo

24 hours in JoBurg

Johannesburg Mar 5, 2015 at 1:19 AM

Arriving on 28 May at 7 10 am on an International flight (from Europe) and then leaving on 29th May to Asia. Would appreciate any help regarding such a short stay in JNB. Of course one hears about the crime etc in RSA. Stay near the airport? take the Gauteng Train to Sandton? or fly off to CPT where I have friends? Muito Obrigado.

8 Answers May 12, 2015 at 1:15 PM