South Africa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Area with pubs and restaurants

Cape Town May 18, 2015 at 9:08 PM

We are a couple in our 50s and 60s moving long term to Cape Town from Australia. We want to rent an apartment within walking distance to pubs and restaurants and a supermarket. Probably looking at a 2 bedroom for around R22k a month......
      Someone mentioned Big Bay as an option but that seems to be rather remote or isn't it? The city bowl was recommended but isn't that too noisy for us older folk?
      Are there any such areas in Cape Town?

more
    • jillikins's Profile Photo

Shuttle/transport from airport to West Quay Road, City

Cape Town May 2, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Hi, I'm wanting to get from the airport to West Quay Road, City, arriving 20.40. early July. I'm an older lady on her own, is there a reliable shuttle service that will suit me?
      Thank you
      Jillikins.

more

Shuttle from airport

South Africa May 2, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Hi all, I'm wanting to get from the airport to the city, a older single lady on her own, arriving around 20.30. Any suggestions for a safe, reliable shuttle please?
      Thanks,
      Jillikins

more
    • Learning Afrikaans

South Africa Yesterday

Hi!

I need some help, i'm gonna move to south africa in 2016 and I would like to learn afrikaans. I have some difficulties to find a school which give Afrikaans course. Any suggestions?

Hope you will be able to help me
      thanks

more
    • cybervinayak's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

Cape Town May 2, 2015 at 10:06 PM

I will be visiting Cape Town in July 2015. I have seen many sites on cage diving for shark viewing in cape town. I saw one video that showed a scuba diver feeding a shark in cape town sea. I am advanced level Scuba Diver. Can any one guide me to locate the company that takes scuba divers for Shark Feeding adventure?

more
    • re entry query

South Africa Yesterday

Hi,

•I am a UK citizen that travelled from the UK to Cape Town from 17 April 2015 - 04 May 2015
      •On arrival I received a Visitors Permit that would be due to expire on 16 July 2015
      •On leaving I received a Departure Stamp of 4 May 2015
      •I returned to the UK

I was hoping to return to Cape Town to spend 6 weeks with friends from 15 June 2015 - 29 July 2015.
      I am looking for confirmation on whether this is possible. My question is, would I gain a new Visitors Permit on entry to Cape Town or would I still be entered under my old Visitors Permit which would require me to leave on 16 July 2015? I will be entering from the UK once again

I have contacted home affairs but had a mixture of responses n I am just looking for some sort of clarification. Had anybody been in the same situation?

Would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

more
    • Cash and Credit Cards

South Africa May 5, 2015 at 8:30 AM

I will be traveling to South Africa in October from the USA and want to know if the US Dollar is accepted there as well as which credit cards are accepted.

more
    • re entry query

South Africa Yesterday

Hi,

•I am a UK citizen that travelled from the UK to Cape Town from 17 April 2015 - 04 May 2015
      •On arrival I received a Visitors Permit that would be due to expire on 16 July 2015
      •On leaving I received a Departure Stamp of 4 May 2015
      •I returned to the UK

I was hoping to return to Cape Town to spend 6 weeks with friends from 15 June 2015 - 29 July 2015.
      I am looking for confirmation on whether this is possible. My question is, would I gain a new Visitors Permit on entry to Cape Town or would I still be entered under my old Visitors Permit which would require me to leave on 16 July 2015? I will be entering from the UK once again

I have contacted home affairs but had a mixture of responses n I am just looking for some sort of clarification. Had anybody been in the same situation?

Would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

7 Answers 22 hours ago
    • Learning Afrikaans

South Africa Yesterday

Hi!

I need some help, i'm gonna move to south africa in 2016 and I would like to learn afrikaans. I have some difficulties to find a school which give Afrikaans course. Any suggestions?

Hope you will be able to help me
      thanks

4 Answers Yesterday
    • Area with pubs and restaurants

Cape Town May 18, 2015 at 9:08 PM

We are a couple in our 50s and 60s moving long term to Cape Town from Australia. We want to rent an apartment within walking distance to pubs and restaurants and a supermarket. Probably looking at a 2 bedroom for around R22k a month......
      Someone mentioned Big Bay as an option but that seems to be rather remote or isn't it? The city bowl was recommended but isn't that too noisy for us older folk?
      Are there any such areas in Cape Town?

2 Answers May 19, 2015 at 8:16 PM
    • Cash and Credit Cards

South Africa May 5, 2015 at 8:30 AM

I will be traveling to South Africa in October from the USA and want to know if the US Dollar is accepted there as well as which credit cards are accepted.

11 Answers May 22, 2015 at 3:16 PM

Scuba Diving

Cape Town May 2, 2015 at 10:06 PM

I will be visiting Cape Town in July 2015. I have seen many sites on cage diving for shark viewing in cape town. I saw one video that showed a scuba diver feeding a shark in cape town sea. I am advanced level Scuba Diver. Can any one guide me to locate the company that takes scuba divers for Shark Feeding adventure?

5 Answers May 3, 2015 at 8:50 AM

Shuttle/transport from airport to West Quay Road, City

Cape Town May 2, 2015 at 6:36 PM

Hi, I'm wanting to get from the airport to West Quay Road, City, arriving 20.40. early July. I'm an older lady on her own, is there a reliable shuttle service that will suit me?
      Thank you
      Jillikins.

2 Answers May 2, 2015 at 10:36 PM

Shuttle from airport

South Africa May 2, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Hi all, I'm wanting to get from the airport to the city, a older single lady on her own, arriving around 20.30. Any suggestions for a safe, reliable shuttle please?
      Thanks,
      Jillikins

2 Answers May 3, 2015 at 4:05 AM
    • tourism as a significance

Pretoria Apr 21, 2015 at 6:01 AM

can you mention the significance of the Voortrekker Monument as a tourism destination?

2 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 7:06 AM
    • drive from sun city to Kruger

Sun City Mar 26, 2015 at 10:03 AM

need to be driven from Sun City to Kings camp in Kruger via Panorama Route. Any advice?? Family of 4

2 Answers Apr 1, 2015 at 9:59 AM
    • In hluhluwe

Hluhluwe Game Reserve Mar 24, 2015 at 2:43 AM

Where can we(me my husband 4year old ,4month old and Parents in law go for a spa day and relaxing where kids can play and the men can fish or just chill?

• Restaurants with a view

Cape Town Mar 17, 2015 at 12:10 PM

I feel a bit silly asking this. I come from Cape Town but moved away about a decade ago. I am going back in a few months and want to take my girlfriend for a nice simple lunch or even a picnic somewhere with a view. I know all the usual spots, but I'm looking for something a little more different. I'm not looking for anywhere flashy, rather something relaxed but nice. Any ideas?

8 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 7:11 AM
    • Gay Friendly

Hermanus Mar 16, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Are there any gay bars, pubs or cruising spots in Hermanus

5 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 6:25 PM
    • ateach52's Profile Photo

Marathon closures, Kirstenbosch + Table Mountain

Cape Town Mar 16, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Hello, my husband and I - active seniors - are arriving at 8 in the morning at Cape Town International airport. We will then pick up our rental car. We are planning on doing the following that day, before driving to our booked accommodation in Blaubergstrand: drive from the airport to Kirstenbosch, spend about 3 hours there, maybe grab a bit of lunch, and then drive to the Table Mountain cable-car to go up with an afternoon ticket.

My questions are this:

1) Does that sound like a good itinerary for the first day? Since we're coming from Europe we won't be jet lagged. We'll be in Cape Town for three more full days, when we'll be going on a wine tour, to Robben Island (have already booked for the next day, Sunday), Bo-kaap, and a full day to the Cape of Good Hope, but I thought getting an overview of the city from Table Mountain would be a good idea. Or should we do Table Mountain in the morning and Kirstenbosch in the afternoon?

2) I understand there will be a marathon in town on Saturday 4th, so will there be any roads on the way to either Kirstenbosch or Table Mountain from the airport that will be close?

Thanks so much for some feedback!

2 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 2:12 AM
    • roni690's Profile Photo

looking for deiver

Cape Town Mar 14, 2015 at 8:23 PM

HI i will be with my family in Capetown for 5 days i'm looking for a driver for all day on April 8 to take us to the wine area
      and than bring us back after diner about 10 pm. any sogestion's. thanks Ron

3 Answers Apr 26, 2015 at 9:00 AM
    • cochinjew's Profile Photo

24 hours in JoBurg

Johannesburg Mar 5, 2015 at 1:19 AM

Arriving on 28 May at 7 10 am on an International flight (from Europe) and then leaving on 29th May to Asia. Would appreciate any help regarding such a short stay in JNB. Of course one hears about the crime etc in RSA. Stay near the airport? take the Gauteng Train to Sandton? or fly off to CPT where I have friends? Muito Obrigado.

8 Answers May 12, 2015 at 1:15 PM
    • Travelling to Johannesburg

South Africa Feb 23, 2015 at 11:02 PM

Hey VTers,

I have a few queries for my trip to Jo'burg.

1. I will be travelling alone from Mumbai to Jo'burg via Dubai. I have a connecting flight from DXB with a stopover of around 2.5 hours.
      As I am travelling by Emirates, I will be at the T3, DXB. Can you let me know if it is possible to visit the duty free shops and do some shopping for the kids/family. Do recommend some nice things to shop.

2. I will be staying in Jo'burg for around a month (March-April). How's the weather there at that time, I believe its summer but also read it gets quite cold. Let me know so that I can carry suitable clothing.

3. Although on an official trip, I will have quite some free time during weekends etc. Do recommend some nice places to visit in and around Jo'burg.

5 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 11:38 AM
    • visa for malaysian passport holder

Cape Town Feb 21, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Hello,I would like to find out if anyone can help in relation to a visa issue. Me and my missus plan to travel to capetown next month for a break. Ive taken some time off work and we would like to spend 3 months in south Africa. I hold a british passport so i will be given 3 moths vistor visa on arrival. However my wife has a malaysian passport and only gets a month visa on arrival. Is it possible as she is traveling with me that she would also get 3 months on arrival instead of one month...........

thanks all for any advice.

Fergs

2 Answers Feb 21, 2015 at 7:00 AM
    • How I can go from johannesburg airport to Sun City Resort?

Sun City Feb 11, 2015 at 5:19 AM

Hi,

We are looking for the best way way from johannesburg airport to Sun City Resort. We are 5 people (2 adults and 3 children 7,12,16 yo), On 22th February at 11.05 (local- landing time).

Please let me know ASAP.

Pasquale

3 Answers Feb 13, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Please Advice on driving a car inside kruger park

Kruger National Park Feb 8, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Myself and my wife are planning to visit Kruger National park in July 2015. We will be landing in Johannesburg. I wish to drive inside kruger park. Driving from j'burg to Kruger is bit too long drive. is there any other way to hire a car somewhere near kruger? Can I hire a guide who can acompany us in the car?

7 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 8:54 AM
    • Travel from Cape Town to Windhoek

Kalahari Gemsbok National Park Feb 3, 2015 at 12:22 AM

What is the best route to travel from cape Town via Kalahari park to Windhoek. I want to travel +- 500km per day. Also where to stay.

3 Answers Feb 3, 2015 at 3:35 AM

Transport to gondwana Game Reserve

South Africa Jan 31, 2015 at 4:11 AM

Hi,
      I'm wondering if there is public transport from Capetown to Gondwana Game reserve, it's about 4 hours drive? Would two nights be enough there?
      Thanks, Jillikins..

1 Answer Feb 26, 2015 at 9:16 AM
    • eastrunner's Profile Photo

Day trip to Swaziland

Kruger National Park Jan 28, 2015 at 2:43 AM

Hi All,

We are going to spend a week at Olifants camp in Kruger, we want to do a day trip to Swaziland, is this worth it? Or a tourist trap, do you actually get to go to the local villages and see around meet to people. Also what’s the driving distance like?

ER

2 Answers Jan 28, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Booking Activities in the Sanparks website.....a bit confused

Kruger National Park Jan 26, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Hiya,

Quick question, I'm keen to book accomadation, an I able to add activities later on? or does it all need to be booked together? thanks

ER

1 Answer Jan 26, 2015 at 5:19 PM
    • Staying in Time Share Locations a Good Choice?

South Africa Jan 22, 2015 at 2:08 PM

Hello all. Planning a trip to South Africa for my girlfriend and myself, and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on staying in time share resorts in regards to safaris. A friend offered me his timeshare at two locations; the Mjejane Game Reserve and SunSwop at Sabi River Sun. If anyone has any input on either of these resorts or staying in timeshares in general that would be a great help.

Thanks

1 Answer Jan 22, 2015 at 2:26 PM
    • Public transport from Cape Town to Gansbaai

South Africa Jan 22, 2015 at 2:28 AM

Hi, I am trying to find a way for my mother (pensioner) to travel from Cape Town to Gansbaai sometime next month (Feb). As she can't drive there, I am trying to find a bus or whatever that travels that route. Does anyone know of any options? Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 22, 2015 at 6:48 AM

Local airport near Kruger to fly to Cape Town

Kruger National Park Jan 20, 2015 at 4:01 AM

Hi There,
      We are going to drive from Jo’berg to Kruger and after a week fly to Cape Town, are there any local airports we can use for low budget airlines instead heading all the way back to Jo’berg. Thanks
      ER

1 Answer Jan 20, 2015 at 5:05 AM
    • Visa Regulations

South Africa Jan 15, 2015 at 6:01 AM

Hi All, I am a new member and l may have posted this question before, so forgive me if l have.
      Arrived in Cape Town as tourists on 90 day visa. Have usually extended by going to Home Affairs with paperwork. Rules have changed and although we have submitted the correct papers within the 60 day time limit we have heard of delays of over the 60 days, So not to be caught out and banned as undesirable, we have bought tickets to return to the UK before our visa expires and will return 5 days later after it expires. We have been told by Home Affairs that this is acceptable and we will get another 90 day visa. Does anyone know different ? Help please.

5 Answers Jan 31, 2015 at 4:31 AM
    • Ronza's Profile Photo

Trip end of January

Cape Town Jan 14, 2015 at 10:07 AM

Hello VTers. My sister is planning for a trip alone to cape town and i have few questions:
      1- Is it safe for a female traveller to go alone to Cape town?
      2- What are the best destinations that she should see (5 days trip) other than museums and shopping places
      3- Is there any chance to see whales end of January?
      4- Is there any recommended safari area near Cape Town
      Thank you

5 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 11:37 PM
    • colares's Profile Photo

Taxi rates

Cape Town Jan 13, 2015 at 8:13 AM

Hi,
      what are the approximate costs for a taxi from the airport to Waterfront area? - Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 13, 2015 at 9:56 PM

8 day plan with Safari Help please

South Africa Jan 12, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Hiya, we are planning to head to SA over Easter so 1st week of April, please can you send a 8 day Itinerary/plan to arrive in Jo'berg and to head towards Kruger. Is End MArch/April a good time to visit?

Other Questions

1. And should we include Botswana.
      2. Also I find the travel packages from the UK quite exorbitant so should we just buy the flights, and book a rental car from this end and pay for park entrances, guides etc..locally.
      3. Can one book game reserve accomadation on-line.

Many thanks

ER

7 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 1:14 PM