South Africa Travel Answers

change location

How long to stay

by orlandoglobetrotter Online Now Jun 22, 2008 at 9:42 PM

This may be a difficult question but here is what I would like to know. I would like to come to South Africa (from the U.S.). I always assume whenever I go somewhere that I might never be back. After all, there's lots of places to go in the world and no one is even guaranteed tomorrow. But in the case of someplace this far, it would be even more likely I'll never be back than usual. Therefore, I want to see everything. And by everything, I mean all points of interest in South Africa (coast to coast and top to bottom) as well as go to Victoria Falls and Madagascar. If I have to stay 6 weeks to do that and that means I have to put off the trip until I have enough money for that, so be it. Anyone got a reasonable idea. Just so you know, I would be buying a visitor's air pass so I could fly between destinations that were more than, say, 6 hours apart. Anything less than 6 hours (with the hassles of airports on both ends) becomes more worth renting a car and driving between points. It's more likely I'll base in the east and do excursions from a home base, then do the same in the central and then in the west. Anyone got any suggestions on how long and what you might be basing that time estimate upon. Thanks...

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular South Africa Travel Answer Locations