Thank you everyone for your reply.

This is my planning:

-Fly into Johannesburg for 1 night

-Book a local tour to Kruger national park for 2 nights

-Return to Johannesburg for 1 night

-Book a tour to Victoria fall for 2 nights

-Fly over to Cape town for 3 nights

-Fly back from Cape town

Is there any recommended local tour company i can book my tours from?

Which taxi company should i use when i am in SA for security purposes.

Thank you all so much

Joseph

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:13 AM

JosephW10 wrote:
    Hi,

Thank you everyone for your reply.

This is my planning:

-Fly into Johannesburg for 1 night

-Book a local tour to Kruger national park for 2 nights

-Return to Johannesburg for 1 night

-Book a tour to Victoria fall for 2 nights

-Fly over to Cape town for 3 nights

-Fly back from Cape town

Is there any recommended local tour company i can book my tours from?

Which taxi company should i use when i am in SA for security purposes.

Thank you all so much

Joseph

Joseph- at the airports there are information booths where you can enquire regarding various Tour Companies.

A few years ago (maybe 3?) My son and daughter used Nomad Tours which they were very happy with

Regarding Taxis-

Most taxis are now quite safe, except the 'share' taxis.  In Cape Town you can get around with other means of transport- bus, train. There is also a Hop on Hop off bus in Cape Town.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • wabat's Profile Photo

Re: South Africa Trip in May 13

by wabat Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 5:23 AM

I have examined hop on hop off for Capetown and certainly plan using it next month. They have what appears an excellent value 2 day pass. The same company have just launched a service in Jo'burg. It does not stack up as well. I plan to hire car there. Clearly im not speaking from actual experience here but based on lot of research i have recently done.

• Deefstes's Profile Photo

by Deefstes Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM

For the Vic Falls leg of your trip I would recommend the following:
    You can book your own tour, you don't actually need to use a tour company. There are only two airlines that fly from Joburg to Vic Falls, South African Airways and British Airways. Go find the best ticket prices at www.travelstart.co.za and book your own flights.

Booking activities can be done through Shearwater (www.shearwatervictoriafalls.com). I would HIGHLY recommend taking a helicopter ride over the falls. There is no better ways to really take in the majesty of those falls. It's not too expensive either, especially if you buy the helicopter flight as part of a 3-activity combo package where you can include other activities like river sunset cruise, walking with lions, elephant back riding etc.

As for accommodation in Vic Falls. I have stayed in a number of different places. My clear favourite is the Victoria Falls Hotel (www.victoria-falls-hotels.net) and I'm also a big fan of the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge (victoria-falls-safari-lodge....) and the A'Zambezi River Lodge (azambeziriverlodge.com).

That's really all you need; If you have flight tickets, accommodation and have lined up some activities while there, you will be a happy chappy. The town of Vic Falls is small enough that you can walk most anywhere and all of the hotels have free shuttles that will take you from the hotel into the town or to the falls. You can arrange an airport transfer with the hotel as well.

If you do prefer to use a tour company for your Vic Falls leg you might want to look at AfriZim (www.afrizim.com)

• JosephW10's Profile Photo

by JosephW10 Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I appreciate your input.

Joseph

Your Answer