South Africa Travel Answers

change location

JO´burg hotels

by TimRobinson Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Can someone recommend a (cheap) hotel near the airport for a family of 4. We´ll be arriving from Kruger, spending one, maybe two nights in the hotel before flying down to Port Elizabeth. What are taxi prices like in the Jo´burg area? Do they charge extra to take you to the airport (common in Spain)? If there was somewhere scenically nice we may stay longer to relax after early starts in Kruger. Thanks Tim

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: JO´burg hotels

by alnahdaresort Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 4:38 AM

I'll suggest you to stay near by airport and sharing some good hotels names that suitable for your need and for hiring a taxi you must ask the hired hotel because most of hotels provide you pick & drop facility. Hotels near by airport- Sunflowers Guesthouse Southern Sun Airport Hotel Airport Inn Bed and Breakfast Emerald Backpackers

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 5:26 AM

Taxis are cheap in South Africa. Get a registered one. Here is a link for the airport hotels, with other info: johannesburg.airporthotelgui...

• Re: JO´burg hotels

by LowCostatAllCosts Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Hi Tim, When I visited Johannesburg, I also stayed near the airport. I did find taxis to be affordable. I stayed at the Garden Court, but here are some other options: prontohotel.com/zaf/johannes...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular South Africa Travel Answer Locations