South Africa Travel Answers

change location
vpas's Profile Photo

Anti malarial etc.

by vpas Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 12:29 AM

We would be in South Africa (Kruger, PE,Cape Town) Do we need to take any precautions such as anti malarial injections/pills? We do have mosquitoes in India and we have been exposed, however, the African kinds are supposed to be more dangerous. My husband has already been vaccinated for yellow fever which is valid for 10 years!! (he took this as a compulsory requirement to get his visa for Uganda) Do we also need yellow fever vaccination? Please advise.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 4:32 AM

Seetha the only area that you should take anti malaria tablets id Kruger National Park.........you should definitely also consult your doctor or a travel vacc centre for advice before you leave.

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • SOUTHAFRICANDELLA's Profile Photo

Re: Anti malarial etc.

by SOUTHAFRICANDELLA Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 4:48 AM

I agree with Gerald_D would not take any malaria medicine for May visit. Please remember it's winter here and can get cold specially at night. Enjoy our lovely country.

1 member found this helpful

• vpas's Profile Photo

Re: Anti malarial etc.

by vpas Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Actually I did ask my doctor here prior to posting the question in the forum. There was no clarity and so posted the question here. I think I will stick to using our mosquito repellants and closer to the date will review the decision! Thank you all.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular South Africa Travel Answer Locations