Soufrière

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Apartment rentals in Soufriere

by tbabic Online Now Sep 24, 2012 at 5:51 PM

We are going to Soufriere in December for about 10 days and we'd like to rent an apartment instead of staying in a hotel. I have contacted several properties from VRBO, but was wandering if anyone had any other suggestions for looking for accommodations. We are also open to staying at an affordable hotel. Any ideas?

1 Answer Feb 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    • Questions from St Lucia first timers:)

by knutson11 Online Now Feb 16, 2010 at 12:00 PM

We will be traveling to St Lucia May 11th thru 19th and staying in the Soufriere area (Jalousie Plantation or the Anse Chastanet). I've been reading about the area and gathering information but haven't found answers to these questions:
      1. Are either of these resorts worth the money?
      2. Is this area busy in May? (beach area)
      3. SOme resorts offer up to a200 per day meal credit. Does200 go far or would one p/u groceriesen route to supplement?
      4. Are most of the resort restaurants buffets or what they serve you get?
      5. Are most causual dress for dining?
      6. I was told to take a shuttle from airport (UVF) to resort THEN rent a car. Resort person stated these resorts are remote and hard to find. Does this sound true and once at resort, can I easily rent a car from there at a decent price?

Thank you ahead of time and any other advise would be great:)

Craig

1 Answer Feb 23, 2010 at 2:32 PM
    • cab47cpa's Profile Photo

Transportation to Soufriere

by cab47cpa Online Now Dec 16, 2009 at 9:39 AM

We arrive at Hewanorra Airport on a Sunday afternoon in January. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive way to get to our guesthouse in Soufriere? We have been told there is no pubic transportation on Sundays and will need to hire a taxi, since we are not planning to rent a car for our 12-day stay. Also, suggestions for activities during our visit will be appreciated. The hot spring, botanical garden, street dances, and of course the beach sound inviting. Thanks for your recommendations.

6 Answers Dec 24, 2009 at 2:17 PM
    • Lengthy visit

by Cybrdg Online Now Sep 29, 2006 at 5:03 AM

Been doing research on St. Lucia anticipating an extended business stay. Sounds like being gay anywhere in St. Lucia is something best kept to one's self if merely for purposes of self preservation. Seems like I should just keep to myself, get my work done, and get out. Anyone with any personal experience who can offer advice?

• Anse Chastanet vs Jalousie Hilton

by Marlaina6 Online Now Feb 23, 2005 at 2:17 PM

My fiance and I are looking to travel to St. Lucia in the late fall. We were looking at two hotels, Anse Chastanet and the Hilton. Can anyone recommend either place. Is no air conditioning a big issue in St. Lucia? The might make a the difference in booking.

2 Answers Feb 24, 2005 at 12:25 PM
    • weather

by Sentry0001 Online Now Apr 21, 2004 at 8:38 PM

My wife and I are considering a trip in late June/early July-- We are wondering , since it is the beginning of the rainy season if we will have many partly cloudy days/ overcast the majority of the time or wil there still be plenty of sunshine with small rain burst with the sun returning. Appreciate any help with this question. Thank You, Lou

2 Answers Apr 22, 2004 at 5:01 PM