Sosúa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Which airport to use - we will be staying in Las Terrenas

Santo Domingo Nov 20, 2014 at 8:54 PM

I know the airport in Samanna is the closest but I was looking at Santo Domingo or Puerto Plata (only because I can use miles to buy 2 of 4 tickets).
      I would need to (1) rent a car and drive myself or (2) take a bus.
      Having been there 7 +/- years ago, I remember the roads, traffic, and just plain old crazy driving. I've heard the highways have gotten so much better. but still not sure I want to drive myself.
      Caribe Tours seems like a good company. $330RD ($8.00) +/- one way from Santo Domingo to Sanchez or Samanna. About the same from Puerto Plata.
      ANyONE, please help with your experience!
      Thanks, K-

more
    • Looking for a local waterfall

Dominican Republic Dec 11, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I've been trying to find a waterfall that the locals go to. I have my own car. Wanting to see some natural sires.

more
    • Anani Beach

La Romana Dec 9, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Carnival is offering a beach escape Shore Excursion. Does anyone have any information on this excursion and or about the beach?

more
    • Swim suit code at resort

Punta Cana Nov 30, 2014 at 6:01 PM

My husband and I are planning on staying at the Catalonia Royal Bavaro, Punta Cana. It's adult only next to a sister family resort. Are women allow sun bath top free by the pool and/or beach. I would like to (just to get an even tan nothing weird) but I don't want to do it if I am the only one or break any rules. I've read conflicting things on other boards, or worse. I just want an answer not a debate. thanks.

more
    • Travel Insurance

Punta Cana Dec 15, 2014 at 9:29 AM

How much travel insurance should one carry for a vacation to the DR?

more
    • Mosquito virus

by DingolayP Online Now Jun 18, 2014 at 12:15 PM

What's the status of the mosquito virus in Sosua?

7 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    • Lascanas Hotel Sosua

by rerebubu Online Now Nov 1, 2011 at 9:56 AM

I read this advertisement anyone know what hotel is it?
      "
      Las Canas Apart 'Hotel is a complex of 91 apartments fully furnished and renovated with all ameneties for a wonderfully quiet and comfortable stay.

Las Canas Apart’Hotel Sosua is a wonderful oasis where you will find relaxation and comfort: gigantic swimming pool, spa, sports, restaurant, bar, cafeteria, convenient store, laundry facility, recreation area with games for children, shuttle service, air conditioning, TV, refrigirator, water, electricity 110 V and 220 V, security, Wi-fi in all apartments 24 hours a day, all year long."

thank you for your answers
      Rerebubu

5 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    • Strad's Profile Photo

Please recommend seafood restaurants

by Strad Online Now Aug 17, 2011 at 3:24 PM

We are going to visit Sosúa soon, we like seafood, or domestic food, so would you please recommend restaurants in Sosúa or nearby areas for us, thank you so much!

• Bus from airport??

by kp851sw Online Now Jan 4, 2011 at 11:50 AM

Is there a bus from the POP airport into sosua proper? If so where is it and how much? Thanks

2 Answers Feb 9, 2011 at 11:56 PM
    • Any live cams in Sosua?

by domrepchica Online Now Sep 10, 2008 at 11:30 PM

I found some DR webcams (http://www.dominicanwebcams.com) but they all seem to be in Cabarete. Anyone have one they can give me in Sosua to look at between trips?

• yamman's Profile Photo

Rocky's Bar.

by yamman Online Now Jun 1, 2007 at 12:58 AM

Hi there,
      correction, has any one stayed at Rocky's Bar in Sosua?

2 Answers Jul 16, 2007 at 5:18 PM
    • yamman's Profile Photo

Sosua or Puerto Plata

by yamman Online Now May 26, 2007 at 12:04 PM

Hi there,
      has anyone stayed at Rocky's bar in Puerto Plata, if so please advise, I'am after going to DR and do not want to stay in an all inclusive. I have also been informed of the WaterFront Hotel in Sosua is good, can anyone expand on this please, cheers Steve.

2 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    • What was the Notary name?

by buzzik Online Now Apr 22, 2007 at 7:50 PM

I'm wander what was/is the Notary name? Can you pm me, thank you in advance.

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

Spending Money and Clothing....Please Help!

by Heavens-Mirror Online Now Mar 11, 2007 at 7:32 AM

Hi
      i am going to Sosua in 2 weeks time :) Yes i am very excited now.
      I am staying for 2 weeks all inclusive but would like an idea of how much money to take.
      We like to do a few excursions...possibly want to swim with dolphins whilst there, do abit of shopping (the usual sovenir buying) and also eat out a few nights as we dont like to stay in the hotel for the full 2 weeks.
      Can anyone recommend how much to take? Also can you use sterling travellers cheques out there?

Plus id love to know what kind of clothing will be needed? Is it hot at night or will i need a jacket, trousers etc?

Thank you,
      Stacey xxxx

3 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 6:55 AM
    • jwilliams2005's Profile Photo

Possibly moving to Sosua, Dominican Republic

by jwilliams2005 Online Now Oct 17, 2006 at 2:13 PM

My friends, I am contemplating the idea of pucrchasing a home and living in Sosua. I have checked online and I have found some very nice homes. I know that it is a process, that I am more than willing to undertake. Are there any members who live in or around Sosua, who can tell me any additional things about the area, other than what I have found on the internet. Annual property taxes, becoming a permanent resident, etc. I welcome any and all replies.

Thanks in advance,
      Fellow traveler,
      James

7 Answers Mar 26, 2007 at 11:16 AM
    • Menna's Profile Photo

Sosua, Dominican Republic

by Menna Online Now Feb 7, 2006 at 6:49 AM

Am thinking of visiting the DR this year - planning on having a 2 week beach vacation probably in Sosua, but would like to do a few days visiting sights etc. in that time. Any suggestions of places that are worth visiting in that area would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

3 Answers Mar 23, 2007 at 5:28 AM
    • im going 2 sosua on the 2nd november 05 help!

by lozzy_b Online Now Oct 27, 2005 at 11:33 AM

me and my friend are going to sosua for a 2 week inclusive holiday in sosua. were both females aged 18. could you plase tell us where are the best places to visit and things to do?would you advise us to stay within our hotel resort or is it safe for us both to be out on our own?we have recently heard a few bad things about the night life. we would be gratefull if you could help thank you!!!!

3 Answers Nov 2, 2005 at 6:06 PM
    • Info on Sosua Bay Hotel

by traceydobson Online Now May 5, 2005 at 5:50 AM

My familyand i are travelling to the Dominican at the end of May, can any one tell us what to currency is the best to take, what trips are best note i have 10 and 12 year old boys, and whether to book trips at hotel or outside, also as any one taken malaria tablets for this time of year.
      Thanks, Tracey

2 Answers May 8, 2005 at 3:15 PM
    • Is it a long drive to..........

by bebe7177 Online Now Jun 23, 2003 at 10:29 AM

I have a wedding to attend in Punta Cana...however I am statying in Sosua...how long is the drive to Paradusus in Punta cana?

4 Answers May 8, 2005 at 8:49 PM