Sosúa Travel Answers

change location
Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

Spending Money and Clothing....Please Help!

by Heavens-Mirror Online Now Mar 11, 2007 at 7:32 AM

Hi
i am going to Sosua in 2 weeks time :) Yes i am very excited now.
I am staying for 2 weeks all inclusive but would like an idea of how much money to take.
We like to do a few excursions...possibly want to swim with dolphins whilst there, do abit of shopping (the usual sovenir buying) and also eat out a few nights as we dont like to stay in the hotel for the full 2 weeks.
Can anyone recommend how much to take? Also can you use sterling travellers cheques out there?

Plus id love to know what kind of clothing will be needed? Is it hot at night or will i need a jacket, trousers etc?

Thank you,
Stacey xxxx

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • RE: Spending Money and Clothing....Please Help!

by EscottinDR Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 5:02 AM

Don't bring Sterling Travelers Checks. Difficult to cash in Sosua. QuiXotes Restaurant in Sosua will take it but don't know of many places other than that.

Banco Santa Cruz only takes Euros and Dollars.

Swim with the Dolphins in Confressi at Ocean World is first rate albeit expensive. Expensive everywhere but this place is a great place to visit.

Can be up to 100 Sterling for the day there.

7-10 Sterling per person will get you good meals and light drinking in Sosua at decent restaurants.

Clothing? Casual and bring a sweater because we have had a chilly night or two. Bring Bikini's and Suntan lotion. Bug Spray although not too bad this time of year.

809-223-1178 is my number is you have any questions while in Sosua.

Escott

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Spending Money and Clothing....Please Help!

by dominican_boy Online Now Apr 19, 2007 at 8:38 PM

hey sweety girl hello,, i'm Fausto from Dominican republic,, and if u want i can give u all the information u need about your trip to mah country,,,
    all u have to do is to add me, or give me ur msn plz,, here's mine,,

im_nasty001@hotmail.com add me plz, ,bye

• peluche1945's Profile Photo

Re: Spending Money and Clothing....Please Help!

by peluche1945 Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I live in Sosua. This is a great place. Do not bring any kind of checks, use a debit card if u have it. if u do not, get one. Do not bring large amount of cash. "Do not trust no one". This is a 3 world country, therefore act accordingly. There is great hotels here, with all the amenities, It depends what are u looking for. If u need additional information do not hesitate to ask.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines