Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Yusuf.Rizk's Profile Photo

Destination Magnitogorsk (New Home)

Magnitogorsk Dec 15, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Hi all,

My name is Yusuf and i'm 22 years old, i'm from Beirut Lebanon, i'm coming to russia on 24th of December this month, and i don't have that big money so my friends advised me to go to Magnitogorsk, Moscow is very expensive! and Magnitogorsk is not cheap but good for me, so i want advises and gaudiness to a good hotels and if there is someone i can share a room with, i'm looking for a new home so its a serious situation, i don't have much time left as i said i'm coming on 24th of December this month 2014 so please feel free to help me.

Thank You In Advance,
      Yusuf Rizk.

more
    • 19ghost73's Profile Photo

Meeting "in real life" in Moscow during 31-DEC-14...11-JAN-15 ?

Moscow Dec 23, 2014 at 4:13 AM

Hello folks,

I'm going to stay at CHILLAX-hostel ( chillaxhostel.com ) in Moscow from 31-DEC-14 until 11-JAN-15.
      Anyone interested in meeting & exploring the city together?

I'm a solo travelling male, happily married, 41yrs young, a stereotypical serious german engineer. ;-)
      I speak German, English and a bit of Russian. This will be my 4th trip to Russia, but my 1st to Moscow.

See You - maybe?

Gereon

more
    • Ugg Australia boots

Kazan' Dec 9, 2014 at 11:50 PM

Hello!!!
      Please let me know if there is in Kazan any shop tha sells ugg Australia boots ?
      Thank you in advance

more
    • osho2003's Profile Photo

can i extain my tourist visa?

Moscow Nov 29, 2014 at 12:57 AM

i got Russian visa from 18th november to first of december but i arrived to moscow on 22nd of november......I need to extain my tourist visa,how can i extain my tourist visa?how long can i extain my visa" maximum?" please give me information!

more
    • Road to Vorkuta

Vorkuta Dec 14, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Is there any road to Vorkuta from South? Komi district.

Planning a expedition with my offroad Motorcycle.

I read somewhere that its happening a lot regarding building roads for the oil/gas business,

more
    • in sheremetyevo

Moscow Dec 22, 2014 at 11:52 AM

whats close hotel from sheremetyevo airport?

more
    • Anyone know current Aeroflot baggage allowances? Dont trust website...

Moscow Dec 20, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Hallo everyone,

I am having an aeroflot flight and my ticket is showing: (Delhi over Moscow to Düsseldorf) In accordance with Aeroflot rules, free baggage allowance on your route is 2PC=23kg+23kg+10kg (hand luggage) (piece concept) The weight of the piece must not exceed 23 kilograms. The size of the piece must not exceed 158centimeters in 3 measurements. You can also take 1 piece of carry-on bag in cabin. Carry on weight must not exceed 10 kilograms and its size must not exceed 115 centimeters in 3 dimensions (55×40×20). I am flying first time aeroflot as allowance of luggage is 2 pieces plus hand luggage. Now I have the doubt how you weight, both together = 46kg or single separately? Do they allow any tolerance? Many thanks in advance

more
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Sightseeing in Kremlin and Around Red Square

Moscow Dec 3, 2014 at 3:53 AM

I will have a stop-over in Moscow Friday December 19th on my way to Vietnam and I will have four or five hours in central Moscow to do some sightseeing (from 11 or 12 a.m. till 4 p.m.). Transit visa has been fixed and I know how and when to get to and from the airport.

I am mostly into architecture and my plan is to see the exterior of St Basil´s Cathedral and State House Museum. I will browse quickly at the interior of GUM and in Kreml I will go directly to the Cathedral Sq to admire the exterior of the churches and the Bell Tower. I will not enter the Bell Tower neither the Armoury.

1. I am really into architecture as well as photography, and would like to see some of the churched from inside as well. Should I choose St Bail or any of the ones at Cathedral Sq; which are the more beautiful ones? What are the lines like to get inside? I have read that photography is not permitted inside the churches on Cathedral Sq; what about inside St Basil´s?

2. Anything else I should not miss while being in the Kremlin/Red Sq area?

3. Do I need to change money so I have some rubles, or can I pay entrance fees and my lunch etc with Visa? What about the airport express train and the metro?

4. Does anyone have a restaurant in the area to recommend? I do not want to waste time searching for a restaurant. European food is preferred, but not necessarily. Should I eat inside GUM while I am there to save time? If so; which restaurant?

Thanks from Lena

more
    • Visas for Russia

Moscow Dec 25, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Has anyone applied for a visa since the new rule regarding fingerprints being taken and having to go to the visa application centre, how does it work?

more
    • a travel to Sortavala and to Suoyarvi

by rtvln Online Now Jul 30, 2014 at 6:26 AM

How far away is Suoyarvi from Sortavala? Are there direct buslines available..how often to Suoyarvi? Can I reserve a leasing car for my travels in Sortavala as I am a Finn? No trails are driving to Suoyarvi? thanks a lot Ritva

2 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 7:19 AM
    • Skillsbus's Profile Photo

What to do

by Skillsbus Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Can anybody advise what there is to do in Sortavala ?
      I'm aware of boat trips to Valaam, but what else is there to do or see ????

5 Answers Feb 14, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Travel to Valaam

by Skillsbus Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Hi,
      can anybody tell me the price of the hydrofoil from Sortavala to Valaam ?
      How long is the journey and do i need to book it in advance ?
      Thanks Duncan

9 Answers Feb 14, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Tourist registration in Sortavala

by Skillsbus Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM

HI,
      I am visiting Sortavala in July this year and hopefully staying with a friend.
      On my visa application i must state where i am staying.
      Once in Sortavala where should i go to register my visit?
      If i stay at a hotel they normally do this for me so this is something i have not had to do before.
      Alternatively i could stay in a hotel for 1 or 2 nights and get registered and then stay with my friends ?

7 Answers Feb 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Travel to Sortavala

by Skillsbus Online Now Jun 2, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Hello,
      Can anybody advse if there is a bus or coach service from St.Petersburg to Sortavala. I have already checked out the train services and these run not so often, so info on bus or coach services would be very welcome :)

• Kardrew's Profile Photo

Travel to Sortavala

by Kardrew Online Now Mar 11, 2007 at 5:44 AM

Hello

I would be grateful if anyone can advise me.

I wish to travel to the Sortovala area (my mother was evacuated from this region in 1940 & 1944 - Laskela & Harlu to Finland).

I will be travelling from the UK (Manchester) & would like to see some other parts of Russia - maybe St Petersburg.

What would be the best way to do this? Travel from Helsinki to St Petersberg to Sortovala?
      or from Estonia? or Russia (need to take cheap flight)
      Best method of transport? Train? Hire a car?
      Best way to find accommodfation?
      Best time of year to travel?
      How to keep it cheap?
      Things to see?
      How safe is it?
      Any advice on visas/ money?

I would be grateful for any help as I have only just began to explore this idea & am finding it difficult to find information.
      Kind regards
      Kardrew

6 Answers Sep 24, 2007 at 3:29 AM