Sorrento

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• blue grotto, Capri.

by ShirishM Online Now Jan 2, 2015 at 6:02 AM

What time of day isbest to visit / enter the blue grotto ? I heard a span of a few hours - 11 am to 1 pm ? when sunrays penetrate deep and thats the real beauty .
      Also can one reserve the entry time ? to avoid ques and to catch the best timings ?
      --Thanks
      --Shirish Mahajan

more
    • ferrys timetable jan febr.

by mamines Online Now Jan 6, 2015 at 4:06 PM

where can i see timetables and prizes for going from sorrento to Positano? I´m travelling in Jan. Febr

more
    • ferrys timetable jan febr.

by mamines Online Now Jan 6, 2015 at 4:06 PM

where can i see timetables and prizes for going from sorrento to Positano? I´m travelling in Jan. Febr

5 Answers Jan 6, 2015 at 11:02 PM
    • blue grotto, Capri.

by ShirishM Online Now Jan 2, 2015 at 6:02 AM

What time of day isbest to visit / enter the blue grotto ? I heard a span of a few hours - 11 am to 1 pm ? when sunrays penetrate deep and thats the real beauty .
      Also can one reserve the entry time ? to avoid ques and to catch the best timings ?
      --Thanks
      --Shirish Mahajan

2 Answers Jan 2, 2015 at 7:06 AM
    • Johnboy1510's Profile Photo

Things to do

by Johnboy1510 Online Now Oct 20, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Is there plenty to do for 7 nights

6 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 8:07 AM
    • GOOD QUALITY HOTEL

by MexicoMiss Online Now Oct 1, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Going to Sorrento June/July 2015, any recommended good quality hotels, near the main square, with pool and good views of Vesuvius.

4 Answers Oct 1, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • Amalfi Semi Private Tour

by saundravandyke Online Now Aug 12, 2014 at 1:03 PM

My husband and I are travelling alone. The price pp for a full day of Amalfi Drive and tour of
      area towns costs $450 with only 2 passengers. Do you know of a tour provider that offers semi private? It seems that 8 is the magic number to get to an affordable rate. We would be happy to join another group.

4 Answers Aug 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM
    • Lunch with a view

by oraps Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Hello,
      I will be passing by Sorrento, Italy for one day and would like to have a special lunch featuring local cuisine with a view. What are some options?
      Best regards,
      Oscar

2 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 3:23 AM
    • eldonseldon's Profile Photo

Getting to Capri

by eldonseldon Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 2:49 AM

is it best to go to capri from sorrento via marina grande ir marina piccolo

3 Answers Aug 2, 2014 at 6:53 AM
    • luckysnap's Profile Photo

apartments

by luckysnap Online Now Jul 25, 2014 at 11:59 AM

rental apartments in Sorrento

2 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 2:23 AM
    • Train from Florence to sorrento

by Italyforhoneymoon Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Can someone please give me the exact train line and location to get from Florence Santa Maria train station into florence? Can i take Italo to Naples and then take another local train? If so, what local train, how do i schedule it and whats the website?!

4 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 1:58 PM
    • Traveling from Sorrento to Naples Italy

by eeelane Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM

What is the best way to go to Naples from Sorrento Italy?

3 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 7:18 PM
    • BUS FROM SORRENTO TO NAPLES

by eeelane Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM

STAYING IN SORRENTO AND WANT TO TAKE A BUS TO NAPLES. HOW MUCH, HOW LONG AND WHERE DO WE CATCH THE BUS?

1 Answer Jul 19, 2014 at 7:21 PM
    • getting there

by Italyforhoneymoon Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 9:31 AM

what is the best way to get to Sorrento from Florence airport and do you recomend staying in sorrento or amalfi?

10 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM
    • Sorrento bus to Massa Lubrense

by nhatran Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I got the part of taking the Circumvesuviana train from Napoli Central to Sorrento but need to find out which bus to take from Sorrento to the hotel & Spa Bellavista Francischiello on Via Partenope Massa Lubrense. Thank you very much for any info.

5 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    • Questions about Sorrento

by degregg2000 Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 6:41 AM

We are going to Sorrento and then Naples. Is it better to see Mt Vesuvius when we get to Naples? What about Pompei and the Herulaneum?
      Just trying to see as much as we can for the time we are there.

We are traveling from to Sorrento through Naples. I thought it would be easier to take the ferry from Naples to Sorrento. The website for the ferry is in Italian what times do the ferries run and how far is the ferry docking place from the train station?

Thank you
      Debi Gregg

8 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    • Sights to see

by degregg2000 Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 6:34 AM

We are going to stay in Sorrento and then Naples. We want to see Pomei, Hercanleum, and Mount Vesuvius. Should we divide it up and do Mt. Vesuvius when we get to Naples or do all three from Sorrento or all three from Naples?

2 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM
    • transfer from Naples

by martyn7 Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM

What is the best/cheapest way to travel from the Naples airport to a hotel in Sorrento? Train? Private hire?

13 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 6:47 PM
    • kh2000mh's Profile Photo

What is famous thing in this region?

by kh2000mh Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 4:41 AM

Hello everyone ,

I have visited many areas in the north of Italy and this is my first visit to southern Italy ,
      I wish to know famous things in this area .

Thank you very much and Sincerely

7 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM
    • Hotel in Sorrento?

by ameira Online Now May 19, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Where is the best place to stay in Sorrento?

6 Answers May 22, 2014 at 7:57 PM
    • Visiting Naples, Sorrento and Pompeii in November 2014

by LouandRob Online Now May 17, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Hi, we are thinking of having our honeymoon in the Naples, Sorrento area and this will be in November. What is the weather like in November and will everything be open?
      Thanks

1 Answer May 17, 2014 at 12:36 PM
    • boat trips along Almalfi coast

by mimi899 Online Now May 5, 2014 at 8:55 PM

When taking a bus trip along the Almalfi coast, can you stop at towns such as Positiano, Ravello, and Almalfi?

3 Answers May 5, 2014 at 11:30 PM
    • Public transportation

by kowloonsan Online Now Apr 23, 2014 at 6:43 AM

We will spend 3 days in Scafati and plan to visit the Pompeii ruins, Sorrento and Almafi coast. We will take a train from Napoli Centrale to Pompeii. I am not sure which train station to get off. The B&B we will stay at is close to the Scafati train station. Should we get off at Torre Annunziata Centrale or the Pompeii station and switch to a local train to to go Scafati train station? Where can I find the train schedules for the bus and the local trains? Another question about the transporation in Sorrento area. I read on some web postings there are Circumvesuviana train tickets, tickets for "UNICO CAMPANIA U 5", "UNICO CAMPANIA E2 or E3", SITA, EAV, and "UNICO COSTIERA". Would some one please explain what they are and which routes they serve. Also there are tickets for 24 hrs and 3 days or 2 days. Is a 24 hrs ticket good for 24 hours from the time the ticket is purchased or only for the same day? Does a 3 day ticket means it is good for 3 calendar days or 3 - 24 hr periods. Can the multiple ride tickets be used on buses or trains from Scafati to Sorrento and the Amalfi coast? Do the tickets need to be validated like those in Rome? Last thing, where can I buy those tickets, single ride or multiple day pass (rides)? Hope you don't mind too many questions. Your answer will save me lots of headache when we are in Italy? "non parlano italiano" Thank you. Al

6 Answers May 8, 2014 at 11:29 PM
    • BOAT TRIP WITH LUGGAGE TO SORRENTO

by NETPLOW Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 8:34 AM

WHAT IS BEST BOAT TRIP FROM ROME TO NAPLES TO SORENTO AND HOW TO DRESS IN JULY

1 Answer Apr 21, 2014 at 5:14 AM
    • SUZUKIMAD's Profile Photo

Dive site in Sorrento

by SUZUKIMAD Online Now Apr 13, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Any one used the dive centre at Marina Picolla Sorrento

• t_cinanni's Profile Photo

Can Hotel increase room rate on an on-line confirmed booking.

by t_cinanni Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 9:59 PM

I booked on-line for Sorrento hotel 3 nights early May 2014 for mid-week stay. It was booked in November 2013 not a booking agency but the hotel's website. There room rate offer was 79 euro per night. I have now received by email a notification that my credit card has expired (it hasn't) and that the rate is now 89 euro per night. Can they do this?

7 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 7:22 AM
    • What to wear in Sorrento in April

by shes-pamela Online Now Apr 1, 2014 at 2:54 AM

My husband and I are visting Sorrento for Easter. Wondering what to bring to wear. Should I bring Jeans and Sweatshirts or cotton trousers and t-shirts?

5 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 9:53 AM
    • Boat from Salerno to Sorrento in August

by Tazzy32 Online Now Mar 22, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Is there boat/ferry service from Salerno to Sorrento during the summer? If so, how difficult is it to get to the departure dock from the train station in Salerno? We are traveling from the South of Italy to Sorrento, by train and would like to avoid Naples if possible.

5 Answers Aug 18, 2014 at 12:32 AM
    • Have questions about traveling from Sorrento to the Amalfi area?

by Lary1047 Online Now Mar 15, 2014 at 5:55 AM

Hello everyone,

HI everyone

We are staying in Sorrento for 4 days this coming June. We would like to travel down the Amalfi coast and visit the different small cities as we have seen the beautiful pictures and scenery that have been taken. Can anyone suggest the best way to visit this area. We have seen several one day tours available, or would it be to our advantage to visit the Amalfi coastal cities by using the bus and walking the cities at our pace, rather than stuck in a van for 8 hours? Also there is the boat one way down the coast and then some other way back to Sorrento from Amalfi???

Up for suggestions! Thanks for everyone’s responses.

Lary

6 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 1:10 PM
    • getting to Postiano

by goldseal Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I'm travelling from the Amalfi coast to Positano can someone give me step by step how to get there via bus

3 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 2:01 AM
    • best transportation to naples fast train

by stella47 Online Now Feb 14, 2014 at 8:55 AM

what is the best way to get from sorrento to the naples train station? we want to catch the 7:30 am train from naples to venice

5 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM
    • Music Boxes

by bonniecarr Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I want to purchase a music box from an artist in Sorrento. Please give me an email address for several, or even one if you have it. Thanks so very much.
      tbcarr2@msn.com

4 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM