Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• No Question Title

by idiggy Online Now Nov 2, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Is it possible to walk from Priora to Sorrento ? And if so how long of a walk would it be ?

1 Answer Nov 2, 2015 at 9:40 AM
    • trying to find shop details

by jocool Online Now Sep 27, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Trying to find the details of a shop in the town it was on a corner in the side streets it sells perfume and soap and other bits the counter was at the end of the shop and had a door way at the fron and right hand side as u walk in thanks

1 Answer Sep 27, 2015 at 4:21 AM
    • Curreri bus from Sorrento to Naples airport

by Dee113 Online Now Sep 20, 2015 at 2:50 PM

Hi all
      I will be travelling to Sorrento shortly and am hoping to get the curreri bus from the airport to Sorrento. Returning to Naples airport, I need to be at the airport between 10am and 10.30 am . There is a bus scheduled to leave at 8.30 and arrive at the airport at 10.00. Would anyone be able to tell me if the bus usually arrives more or less on time or is it likely to get caught up with rush hour traffic and bad roads? As I'm travelling solo, I'm a bit concerned about getting to the airport in time for my return flight. Thank you in anticipation of any replies.

8 Answers Sep 22, 2015 at 11:28 PM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

day trips positano and amalfi/ravello

by monicarc Online Now Sep 1, 2015 at 3:05 PM

Hoping to be based in sorrento next mid-march for several days and am planning, among others, one day for positano and another day for amalfi and ravello. We like strolling around, shopping, having wine, looking at architecture. Is amalfi and ravello good to group for the same day? I read you can walk (about an hour) to revello from amalfi, which we would be interested in doing.....However, it looks like amalfi and positano are on the same SITA bus line? Not sure if I should try to do all 3 in one day? but we don't want to be rushed.....I don't mind going back on the same bus the next day... thanks.

3 Answers Sep 2, 2015 at 1:10 AM
    • Hotel help for Sorrento pls

by deepagupta15 Online Now Aug 26, 2015 at 3:50 AM

Im really confused with booking a hotel in or neae Sorrento. Our budget is Eu150 to Eur 170 per night for 2 adults and a toddler.
      I hsd bookef grand hotel flora but after seeing some disappointing reviews my husband is not so keen on it.
      Few other options are available in sant agata due golfi - like Hotel due golfi and hotel prestige and these offer shuttles to sorrento too.
      Can you pls help me choose or suggest any other hotel within my budget?

11 Answers Aug 27, 2015 at 5:45 AM
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

Sorrento to Ravello

by alisononthego Online Now Aug 21, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Hello, we are staying in Sorrento in early September and would like to know the best mode of transport to get from Sorrento, visiting Positano, Amalfi and Ravello please? Private taxi would be too expensive I think......? We were wondering if we could to one journey by road and the other by this a possibility please?

6 Answers Aug 28, 2015 at 1:58 PM
    • After Sorrento?

by Carolrn Online Now Jul 29, 2015 at 8:28 AM

We are traveling this Sat. to Sorrento from Florence (mom-daughter) after her study abroad. We will be leaving Sorrento Tuesday, Aug. 4. We have to end up in Venice by Friday, Aug. 7 and want a place in between that will complement the diversity of Florence museums and Amalfi shopping and beaches. Milan Expo? Lake Como? Switzerland? Any ideas would be helpful.

9 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 1:49 PM
    • Sorrento to Naples to FCO airport

by chitravler Online Now Jul 8, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Need to be at Rome airport by 8:30 or 9am in late September. We are staying in Sorrento and would like to leave early in the morning to make our flight and not have to spend the night in Rome. Much prefer to spend more time in Sorrento and arrive directly at FCO. Hope with someone's help we can do this. Grazie!

6 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 7:57 PM
    • Spending money?

by Catelynn Online Now May 31, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Hi, I will be travelling solo to Sorrento for one week, half board, and was wondering approximately how much spending money I need ? I'm hoping to do lots of day trips while there, to Capri, Pompeii, Naples etc.

3 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 8:30 AM
    • Morevino's Profile Photo

by Morevino Online Now May 28, 2015 at 1:33 PM

I will be in Sorrento second week June .
      I would like to purchase some Capodimonte pieces
      Is there a recommended shop that I can purchase genuine pieces at a good price

1 Answer May 29, 2015 at 5:31 AM
    • jetset05's Profile Photo

B&b in the old town of Sorrento

by jetset05 Online Now May 18, 2015 at 3:08 AM

Hello i am looking for a B&b in the old town of Sorrento not to expensive whiv=ch i know is hard in this part of the world
      somewhere clear and in a good locaton handy for trains,ferrys ect
      Many thanks

5 Answers May 18, 2015 at 11:03 AM
    • budget hotels in Sorrento

by TomR77 Online Now May 9, 2015 at 7:58 AM

Hi, I'm coming down to Sorrento from Rome for a day or two and am looking for a good place to stay for relatively cheap, and ideally relatively close to the train station. Any ideas?

5 Answers May 10, 2015 at 8:30 AM
    • Public Transport

by crazymum Online Now May 4, 2015 at 1:18 AM

Staying at St Agnello - would like to visit Positanio - Leics has said that public buses can get packed - will they be packed this week

Thinking of visiting Capri - don't like small boats so what are the options of taking a large regular ferry boat -and then getting the furnicular to Capri town - are these liable to be full this week

All answers gratefully received. Many thanx

2 Answers May 4, 2015 at 4:22 AM
    • jmj0's Profile Photo

Train from Sorrento to Lucca.

by jmj0 Online Now Apr 23, 2015 at 4:15 PM

The wife and I will be spending 5 days in Sorrento this July after a 6 week organized tour and then we wish to enjoy 4 days around Lucca.Any advice on how to get to Lucca by train would be appreciated.Do you think we are wise going to Lucca for such a short period after completing our organized tour .We fly home from Rome after this visit to Lucca.Thanking you from 2 Aussies.

2 Answers Apr 27, 2015 at 10:31 AM
    • ferrys timetable jan febr.

by mamines Online Now Jan 6, 2015 at 4:06 PM

where can i see timetables and prizes for going from sorrento to Positano? I´m travelling in Jan. Febr

5 Answers Jan 6, 2015 at 11:02 PM
    • blue grotto, Capri.

by ShirishM Online Now Jan 2, 2015 at 6:02 AM

What time of day isbest to visit / enter the blue grotto ? I heard a span of a few hours - 11 am to 1 pm ? when sunrays penetrate deep and thats the real beauty .
      Also can one reserve the entry time ? to avoid ques and to catch the best timings ?
      --Shirish Mahajan

2 Answers Jan 2, 2015 at 7:06 AM
    • Johnboy1510's Profile Photo

Things to do

by Johnboy1510 Online Now Oct 20, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Is there plenty to do for 7 nights

6 Answers Oct 20, 2014 at 8:07 AM

by MexicoMiss Online Now Oct 1, 2014 at 8:20 AM

Going to Sorrento June/July 2015, any recommended good quality hotels, near the main square, with pool and good views of Vesuvius.

5 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 4:31 AM
    • Amalfi Semi Private Tour

by saundravandyke Online Now Aug 12, 2014 at 1:03 PM

My husband and I are travelling alone. The price pp for a full day of Amalfi Drive and tour of
      area towns costs $450 with only 2 passengers. Do you know of a tour provider that offers semi private? It seems that 8 is the magic number to get to an affordable rate. We would be happy to join another group.

4 Answers Aug 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM
    • Lunch with a view

by oraps Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I will be passing by Sorrento, Italy for one day and would like to have a special lunch featuring local cuisine with a view. What are some options?
      Best regards,

2 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 3:23 AM
    • eldonseldon's Profile Photo

Getting to Capri

by eldonseldon Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 2:49 AM

is it best to go to capri from sorrento via marina grande ir marina piccolo

3 Answers Aug 2, 2014 at 6:53 AM
    • luckysnap's Profile Photo

by luckysnap Online Now Jul 25, 2014 at 11:59 AM

rental apartments in Sorrento

2 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 2:23 AM
    • Train from Florence to sorrento

by Italyforhoneymoon Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Can someone please give me the exact train line and location to get from Florence Santa Maria train station into florence? Can i take Italo to Naples and then take another local train? If so, what local train, how do i schedule it and whats the website?!

4 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 1:58 PM
    • Traveling from Sorrento to Naples Italy

by eeelane Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 6:09 PM

What is the best way to go to Naples from Sorrento Italy?

3 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 7:18 PM

by eeelane Online Now Jul 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM

1 Answer Jul 19, 2014 at 7:21 PM
    • getting there

by Italyforhoneymoon Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 9:31 AM

what is the best way to get to Sorrento from Florence airport and do you recomend staying in sorrento or amalfi?

10 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM
    • Sorrento bus to Massa Lubrense

by nhatran Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM

I got the part of taking the Circumvesuviana train from Napoli Central to Sorrento but need to find out which bus to take from Sorrento to the hotel & Spa Bellavista Francischiello on Via Partenope Massa Lubrense. Thank you very much for any info.

5 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    • Questions about Sorrento

by degregg2000 Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 6:41 AM

We are going to Sorrento and then Naples. Is it better to see Mt Vesuvius when we get to Naples? What about Pompei and the Herulaneum?
      Just trying to see as much as we can for the time we are there.

We are traveling from to Sorrento through Naples. I thought it would be easier to take the ferry from Naples to Sorrento. The website for the ferry is in Italian what times do the ferries run and how far is the ferry docking place from the train station?

Thank you
      Debi Gregg

8 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    • Sights to see

by degregg2000 Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 6:34 AM

We are going to stay in Sorrento and then Naples. We want to see Pomei, Hercanleum, and Mount Vesuvius. Should we divide it up and do Mt. Vesuvius when we get to Naples or do all three from Sorrento or all three from Naples?

2 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 11:23 AM
    • transfer from Naples

by martyn7 Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM

What is the best/cheapest way to travel from the Naples airport to a hotel in Sorrento? Train? Private hire?

13 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 6:47 PM