Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Jakarta to Bali on November 23 to December 3, 2015

Bali Sep 27, 2015 at 6:55 AM

Hi Everyone! Will be traveling alone from Jakarta to Bali. I'm looking forward to meet other backpackers and new friends

Bali Oct 1, 2015 at 8:19 AM

looking for recommendation for accommodation for ubud.

Any thoughts on The Lokha Ubud ?

• VOA extension or Tourist Visa??? (Repost - not sure if first post went through)

Bali Oct 3, 2015 at 3:50 AM

Hey guys,

Myself and a friend are heading to Bali at the end of this month, with the plan to stay there for around 60 days (until around xmas time). But I have still yet to decide whether to get a Tourist Visa beforehand or get our VOAs extended while we are out there. In regards to the VOA extension, do you have to leave and come back into Indonesia (and fly to say Singapore and back) or can you get the extension done without leaving Bali? Also as an additional note, I went to Bali by myself earlier this summer and got a VOA, but didn't get it extended, and left on time (I was there for 29 days). Also we both don't live far from the Indonesian Consulate in London where we would go to get our Tourist Visas.

So yes if you guys are able to help and give clarity around what you feel is the best option to go for the VOA extension or the tourist visa , such input will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

• Car and guide driver Tanah Toraja

South Sulawesi Province Sep 11, 2015 at 9:26 AM

what / who can you recommend for a private driver from Makassar to Tanah Toraja and a guide in Tanah Toraja?

• Where to Stay- Sanur, Nusa Dua or Ubud

Bali Sep 29, 2015 at 2:35 PM

we are planning a trip in Feb 2016. Bring a six month old. Cannot decide where to stay - Sanur, Nusa Dua or Ubud?

We would like to see a mix of everything - The beach and the land.

• mar3cus's Profile Photo

Off to Bali soon!!

Bali Sep 23, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Looking to go to Seminyak in Bali in Nov 2015, have not done much research yet, I was looking to wing it when we get there actually. Any recommendations, do's and don't s, must see or must stay away, tips and tricks, general advice???

Anything at all really, we are quite a laid back couple who love shopping, partying, beaches, exploring, great food and chillin out.

Many thanks in advance

• On a budget

Lombok Sep 15, 2015 at 6:59 PM

I'll be going on a holiday by the end of October for 3 days.
      Any advice on how to travel around? Which is better, by renting a car or just take a taxi?
      Whats the budget for all (excluding hotel & flight)?

• isedisi's Profile Photo

Accomodation Java, Jakarta, Bali

Indonesia Sep 8, 2015 at 5:40 AM

I'm planning a backpacking trip to Indonesia with my friend. I'm wondering how hostels measure up when it comes to security, hygine and friendliness. We are looking into Bali, Java and Jakarta. Anyone want to share experiences, tips?

• What visa/permits do I need to visit Sorong?

by kronix Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 9:55 PM

I'm planning to visit family in Sorong at the end of the year, but am unsure what visas/permits I need or where to get them. Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance for your help!

5 Answers Aug 6, 2015 at 1:02 AM
    • Hospital facilities in Sorong

by HamishG1 Online Now Mar 2, 2015 at 1:32 PM

What is the name of the Hospital in Sorong and please describe its facilities/standards

1 Answer Apr 7, 2015 at 11:29 AM
    • LiseK5's Profile Photo

Surat jalan

by LiseK5 Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 6:22 PM

if I arrive in a smaller place by Pelni ship,can I get a Surat Jalan ,or does it have to be a big town?

2 Answers Sep 30, 2014 at 9:16 PM
    • 2047hakan's Profile Photo

by 2047hakan Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I have trouble to find a flight betwen Sorong and there any? My plan is to go beginnig feb. -14

3 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • sorong

by princessTamTam Online Now Oct 10, 2012 at 4:08 AM

Hello everyone! I am going to Sorong for few days and wondering if you could recommend where i can have a good and relaxing body treatment as a massages, facial, hair cut etc. And also good hotels plus night life!!I am working on busy motor yacht and do not have any time to spoil my self and no social life either if anyone can help me with any suggestion i would appreciate it!
      Many thanks and happy days!!!

2 Answers Aug 14, 2015 at 2:14 AM
    • How to get to Srong???

by Lyolya_1502 Online Now Nov 2, 2011 at 6:48 AM

I' m going to Sorong for dive-safari.
      And for my international flights and dates of safari fits only flights by Express airline company.
      Has anyone flown with this company?
      How I can get in touch with them (ask,because they do not have an online-booking system or even e-mail address on their site)???
      If you know any other good airline company, which flies from Manado to Sorong, please, tell about them.
      Thanks in advance! =))

2 Answers Nov 2, 2011 at 8:56 AM

by Indraniv Online Now Mar 2, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Is there a "Seasonal" time to travel to Pulau Empat & Sorong ie floods weather wise etc
      We want to travel this April - 15 - 22nd 2011

1 Answer Mar 6, 2011 at 7:32 AM
    • boat rental

by Relayer Online Now Jun 20, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Is it possible to rent a boat to explore Raja Ampat islands independly and if so what would it cost?

Thanks for any help

• sybille's Profile Photo

hotels in Sorong

by sybille Online Now Aug 31, 2006 at 12:21 AM

Has anyone been to Sorong and stayed there in a hotel or guesthouse. it needs to have western toilets and hot/cold shower. If the hotel also has a restaurant that would be cool, but is not necessary.

I'd love to hear from you. Greetings from Cairns,Australia

4 Answers Sep 6, 2006 at 6:54 PM