Sonoma Travel Answers

change location

best way to get to the airport

by cargirl Online Now Jun 17, 2011 at 7:04 PM

My fiance and I will be meeting friends in San Francisco on June 22 and driving to Napa for 2 days and then to Sonoma for another 2 days. We will have a rental car but our flights out on Ssunday are 6 hours apart with the two of us departing at 8 am and our friends at 2 pm. We are trying to come up with an alternate plan to get to the airport and leave the rental car with our friends so they can enjoy the balance of the morning. Does anyone know how if there is a car service (or shuttle) to the airport and what the aproximate cost might be?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: best way to get to the airport

by travelgourmet Online Now Jun 17, 2011 at 11:00 PM

The best way is to have your friends rent a vehicle for 24 hours. Taxi fare is180.00 one way from Sonoma to SFO. As for shuttles, to catch an 8am flight on a Sunday, you would have to leave Sonoma by 4am at the latest. Check out the times and some shuttles would not be able to get you to SFO with sufficient time to check in and go through security and get to your gate before departure. The Shuttle companies list:
    sfoshuttles.com/san-francisc...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Jun 17, 2011 at 11:06 PM

One other suggestion is that you stay in San Francisco that second night instead of Sonoma, have a great time in SF Saturday night and get a taxi in the morning for the airport. You can then leave the motel about 5am to make your flight. The fare from say a SF Marina District Motel (Lombard St) would be about60.00 tip included.

• mmeisner's Profile Photo

by mmeisner Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM

There's a great service called "Evans Shuttle" that I use to go to and from Oak/SFO from Napa all the time. It's $30 each way and is always on time. Really solid service.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines